LegacyGT.com

S402 Conversion on a 2009 3.0R

Leke

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am that good! :lol: And they come in 5x100 as some one said earlier in this thread.

Besides I think this picture proves they are 5x100:

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Subaru/Subaru-Legacy-STI-S402-16.jpg

well, in that case, ive found my next brake setup. :drool:

Hey those are Bixenon right Leke see if you can get these housings from Blackdragon and sell your set to recoupe your cash. Black dragon can you post some detailed pix of this projector? With cut off and output pix would be great!!!

if the part is visible in the pic, please put a mark on it and reply back
Mr.350

leke, i really respect what you are doing. i havent seen anyone else with 08 09's doin any conversion. i have a question, would your regular usdm lights line up with the jdm bumper? i know you are trying to do a true conversion, but i am looking to just replace the bumper. i actually just got into a fender bender and have to replace the bumper so i figured this was my chance for a jdm front. i got an 09 gt. i just want to throw on the jdm bumper, and a grill if i have to.

mr_luv, I was actually thinking of doing that at first. I wanted EDM headlights, since those cars are LHD and the beam pattern would be perfect for our roads. Only issue was that I didn't know anybody who had a set for sale. HKC had been looking for these forever for me, so once he got these, I knew I wouldn't have much of another opportunity.

NinjaTurtles, I have to get back to you on that - I need to confirm it 100% and make sure I just wasn't doing it wrong. Things should be together by the weekend.

All I need to do now is crimp the wire terminals for my male 9006 connectors and get them mounted up. Then, set up the wiring for my turn signals and running lights. After that, put my headlights back together and pray that it works. If it does, then I start messing around with washers to get my desired cutoff.

Those STi 6-pots are my dream brakes. The Brembo GT 6-pot BBK costs around 3500 for just the fronts though :(

Yea I hear ya bro, give blackdragon a shout maybe he can make somethings happen I am sure theres a set of used housing floating around someplace. Just glad to see a 08/09 taking the plunge and finally doing some serious exterior mods other then grill lip or black out headlights....

mr_luv, I was actually thinking of doing that at first. I wanted EDM headlights, since those cars are LHD and the beam pattern would be perfect for our roads. Only issue was that I didn't know anybody who had a set for sale. HKC had been looking for these forever for me, so once he got these, I knew I wouldn't have much of another opportunity.

Mr.350

Hey those are Bixenon right Leke see if you can get these housings from Blackdragon and sell your set to recoupe your cash. Black dragon can you post some detailed pix of this projector? With cut off and output pix would be great!!!

actually I wasn't trying to but this in sale cause I'm working with a new project of another kind of look of the headlight.

I just want help 'em to get it done perfect.

the best way as I can see it is to get a damaged HID headlight and take the harness and istall it on the normal headlight.

the connector is diffrent so you need to pull the terminals from your old connector.

for the normal headlight I know that the high beam and the low beam share the nigative terminal while the HID don't.

for the bulb base you just take it from the HID headlight and put it in your normal headlight.

I wish that I have a normal headlight so that I can show the diffrence.

Black Dragon, I really appreciate your help. If worst comes to worse, I may have to ask you to see if you can find any headlights on your end. I dont think that is going to be necessary though.

I just picked up a set of wire crimpers. Gonna crimp the wires to the terminals and get everything sorted this evening. Once that's done, I'm gonna take it to my car and do a test to make sure the wirings all right. If it is, then JDM bumper will go on this weekend.

I made a pretty neat solution for my running lights. Basically, I ordered up a battery harness from Lightwerkz. I then took the stock harness that connects from the bulbs to the wiring of the car. I modified it, and cut the wires that lead originally lead to my lowbeams, and soldered those to the wires that're to activate the relay on that battery harness. The neat part, is that the DRL/Highbeam socket is still attached to this modified usdm harness. This then just plugs into the DRL/highbeam bulb like it would normally do on the stock lights.

I got a chance to test the harness tonight and it works completely fine. All that's left to do is temporarily put the other headlight back together, than solder my parking light/turn signal solution together. After that, they'll be ready to go onto the car. I'll then have to mess around with the washers to adjust my cutoff, but apart from that, I'll be home free :)

• 2 weeks later...

well just a quick intro

i am based in australia, and i own a 2008 Liberty GT Spec B Tuned by STi Special Edition

http://www.autoclub.com.au/2007/04/subaru-liberty-gt-tuned-by-sti.html

i am looking at doing at conversion to s402 and have been trying to read up at what people have been doing...

from what i understand and there was a lot of information on this thread, all i will need to do is..

1) Flare Fenders

2) Order BBS STi 19 inch Rims

3) 6 pot brembo front and 4 pot rears

My question really is, will the 19inch wheels with the wider treads require me to put a spacer on?

I am fairly sure that you cannot order the s402 fenders without VIN to show you actually have one, but i 'm sure i can find a creative body shop to do something for me...

has anyone had any luck actually ordering the STi badged brembos? or the Rims?

Did I read that right? Japan Parts wants $1200 for each wheel? :eek: GTFO!!

Johndas must be swimming in money everytime he takes a bath! :lol:

Archived