LegacyGT.com

the girlfriend and your Legacy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll share a story, not my gf but a good female friend. We were at a gas station one day and I get out to pump the gas. When I turn around she's in the drivers seat...hmm. So I'm like ok put it in sport and drive home. When we got on the road, she floored it, not even bothering to stop for a red light. I was terrified.

For the following week she couldn't stop talking about how great it was. At the time she was shopping for an accord so I suggested she needs to drive something with balls. The week after she pulls up with brand new red 09 legacy 2.5i. Looks like she misunderstood what I said. When I said something with balls, I was talking about me. :( Subaru - 1 , SilentR - 0

I got the auto LGT so i don't have any stories of my gf burning the clutch but yesterday, while parking her WRX (manual) behind my GT she decided not to stop...at ~3mph. rear bumper made a nice popping sound.

she has curbed her front passenger side rim a few times

My G|F of 13yrs. can drive & drive stick quite well :wub: She loves her 05 WRX. From time to time she need to drive my GT. Every time she does. She tells me it's to easy to go too fast & to much power. I told her I could make her WRX just as quick. She tells me no, I like my car the way it is. Got to love her, my mod budget is just mine.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I bought my LGT for my wife cause I wrapped her maxima around a street light, so she drives it everywhere and she loves it. And I'd be willing to bet she could out smooth drive that 5mt better than most guys here, however she cannot rev match, although she is trying to learn. I will destroy the clutch before she even gets it warmed up:lol:

Now the old Civic is another story. Ever seen the movie Italian Job? my Wife drives the Civic like that blonde chick drives the Mini Cooper!!

here is a couple pics of my wife driving the Leggy the day we got it

enjoy!!!!:cool:

1091619968_233_2817copy.thumb.jpg.9f10f4e5c2237f8093384c4bb0b187c1.jpg

44844686_233_2820copy.thumb.jpg.18360d3df9a6737215a9463e0f437c28.jpg

• 2 months later...
2 weeks ago, my wife was driving my EP3 civic Si. a coyote ran out in front of her on a country road. rather than take out the front bumper and lip (which I had a spare bumper and lip in my shop), she dodged it. so, she took out 2 road signs, the entire front end, pancaked the a-post, busted the windshield, and caved in the roof. now, I'm the proud owner of an 05 LGT... :redface:

My gf has driven my car only once, when I was violently ill and we had to leave a movie partway through. Even though I was drifting in and out of sleep I fought hard to stay awake just so I could supervise ;).

Apart from being very cautious and riding the clutch a little bit in the carpark her driving was just fine, but I insisted she take the tollway home so she wouldn't have to deal with many traffic lights ;)

Well I'm new here, BUT... the Fiance (not quite g/f I guess) has here own Subaru... an Impreza Outback Wagon 5-speed to be exact... 2.5i though. And well I guess you can say I'll have to let her drive my Legacy whenever she wants to since she kinda bought it for me. LOL

With how well she can drive her Outback I have no question in her driving skills.

GF is pretty cool. She doesn't mind when I slide the backend when pulling out on the road. There's this one road we pull into that is a bit off camber, so it's easy to slide the car. The other day, (it had just stopped raining) I told her I didn't want to wait for all the traffic to clear, I saw a small opening, launched the car, then push in the clutch, finished most of the left turn and let the clutch out and rolled into it. The tires broke loose and the car slide a little but pulled out of it fine. She just smiled.

When I removed the mufflers a few weeks back, she just shook her head and say's, "KIDS"

She drives it fine too. It's great being our early to mid 50's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I offer for my fiance to drive my car whenever i can. She needs the practice :p

Nah, she learnt to drive on a manual so there is no problem there - though i am always having to remind her to go into 5th when cruising along??

For some strange reason, she much prefers driving her Hyundai Excel. She says the Outback's clutch is too hard, seats are uncomfortable, shifter is too low? Boggles my mind! She assures me my gen2 RX is a much better ride. Its not.

I recently had to drive her Excel a fair distance and I was seriously in pain afterwards! Whatever helps her sleep at night...

We do attend cruises together and she enjoys them. Sometimes they are a little too hold-that-door-handle-as-tight-as-you-can for her but she always has fun - never wants to have a turn though.

Dont have any pics of her driving the OBK

But cars in general?

Heres why i have to be careful!!

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/mrgnluke/IMG_0589small.jpg

But she doesnt mind getting dirty and learning how to fix it

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/mrgnluke/IMG_0599small.jpg

She doesnt mind the big boys toys either :p

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/mrgnluke/DSC_0523small.jpg

Archived