LegacyGT.com

the girlfriend and your Legacy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, the GF and I decided to take a lil 2 day vacation up to Asheville from Charlotte. We were gona take her car (2002 celica, lowered, horrible ride quality) but as we are pulling out of the neighborhood, the car shudders and makes a bad grinding noise..so alas we have to take my car (2002 legacy gtL).

so this pretty much sucks at first..why??? cuz that means shes probably gona wanna drive my car. I havent let her drive..always postponing the inevitable, but why now am I giving in on a 2 and a half hour drive?! Your guess is as good as mine. Anyways, we have to stop and get gas before we head up to Asheville. The whole 2miles to the gas station shes BEGGING me to drive..and I gave in. Its immediately apparent shes still used to her short shifting celica (the only feature on her car that i prefer over mine). As she pulls out she proceeds to rev to about 3500 RPMs and release my clutch..and goes on to shift @ roughly 4000 RPMS every shift. I mean dont get my wrong, I understand she wasn't used to the shifting, but it hurts when your car is shaking every shift and you cant do a damn thing about it. Im in the passenger seat biting my tounge trying not to yell/scream/cry @ her special driving technique. Well long story short, as it turns out the very thing I like more about her car made her give up on driving my car. The long shifter and heavy traffic at the beginning of the trip quickly took its toll, and she pulled off so i could have my baby back...she said it felt like it was driving a truck!So I drove all over Asheville the whole trip, and the mountain roads were a blast! :-D.

So lets hear'em:

Stories of your significant other and your Legacy.

PS

to every one in Asheville, Bellshare festival was the s!*t, specially in my Sub...good times.

muhahaha...

sometimes i feel she doesn't take a good line but she is not afraid to throw it in a corner.

her coolest moment ever was 4 tires skidding in a rental camry when taking an interstate on-ramp and she was laughing.

you'll get to the point where it's justa a car. if it gets wrecked and she is driving i hope she is alright and the subie is totaled. cars are soooo easy to replace.

chick drives it like she stole it, but in control the whole time, i usally let her drive (when i see her,shes stationed 6 hours from me)to see how far she can push it and she loves the turbo:cool:

My girl understands my addiction haha.

She calls it my "other baby"

One day she told me she didn't ever want to drive it because I might kill her if something happened to it.

My GF was worried about just being a passenger in my car for the last drive we did. She thought we were going to be driving stupid, after some Impreza ass-hattery on a drive we took with the local Impreza peeps a while back. But a few turns into the fun stretch last weekend and, "Whee! This is FUN!" Later on I offered to let her drive and she was like, "I am NOT going to keep up with you guys!" (Which is why I didn't get much time in Spoonwacker's car to experience his Swift springs. :))

And then there was the time last winter when we went out to a snowy parking lot for some donuts and doriftos. She was freaked out at first but then she was giggling. Now she wants to do it again. Good times.

My gf does enjoy the nice way that the car goes from 65 to 85 in no time, even in fifth... although she realizes it's a ticket magnet if you let yourself go...

I'd let her drive the M3 more than the Subie if I could, but she's too short to be comfortable in it.

picked up my 05 lgt yesterday after going stage III .. she only had to drive it from where i picked it up to where i had to drop off the rental.. on the way there she had a near accident and cut off a few big rigs

now i can understand being in the pass seat.. but imaging being followed by your car.. watching it in the rearview almost get smashed :(

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

wait til she curbs your wheels, smashes the front bumper into a parking curb and drops heavy furniture on the rear bumper lip when trying to take it out of the hatch with her feeble sister.

For starters.

My best friend did this when pulling a suitcase out of my car. He completely gashed white paint off down to the black plastic of the rear bumper. I could have killed him.

Go Cardinals!

My wife has driven mine once. She has a WRX wagon, so she should be trustworthy. I always rev match and she hasn't figured out how to do that yet so I didn't like the downshifts one bit. She kept making comments on how everything felt so "tight" steering, shifting, and stuff. She didn't like that you had to pay attention all the time because it does handle so well, in her car ruts don't try to toss you three lanes over. Other than that, she did alright.

Archived