LegacyGT.com

O2 sensor's

I replaced mine this week and I haven't noticed much difference in gas mileage...however, I have an issue with my idle. In 1 sec intervals, it seems to oscillate between 750 rpm's and ~1100 rpms. so it's up, down, up, down, an you get the point. Any thoughts? (FYI: The one I bought is on the cheaper side, that might have something to do with it)

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is the bosch 15011 sensor supposed to be the front sensor in the downpipe, just got my sensor delivered from guy in US today visiting Dublin and its totally different to what i have on mine, it even has a female plug on it where mine as a male plug on it. Unless i totally misunderstood this thread and its actually the sensor for the cat close to the center section?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
How dangerous to the engine is running with a bad sensor? Mine threw the P0031 code, but the car seems to be running perfectly.

P0031 - Front O2 Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low

The front sensor is used to meter fuel to the engine...not something you want sending the wrong signal.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

alright so i need an answer ASAP, i have a 05 LGT, one of the previous owners made a custom 3" DP with no cats and no O2 sensor, it has a Y-Pipe starting at about 6 inches from the flange that opens into a cutout or continues to the rest of the 3" exhaust (straight pipe to mufflers) what O2 sensor do i need? (Downstream/upstream) and where would i weld it into place? PLEASE NEED AN ANSWER ASAP I HAVE A TUNE SESH ON SUNDAY AND WANT THIS TAKEN CARE OF PRIOR!!!!

Thank You!

The stock O2's are (bank 1) just forward of the manifold to Up pipe. The rear O2 is about 6-8 inches in front of the Dp to midpipe joint.

Use a OEM O2 for the front (bank1). I after market rear is fine.

Most auto parts stores have bungs for O2's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

The stock O2's are (bank 1) just forward of the manifold to Up pipe. The rear O2 is about 6-8 inches in front of the Dp to midpipe joint.

Use a OEM O2 for the front (bank1). I after market rear is fine.

Most auto parts stores have bungs for O2's.

do you know by any chance the model number or part number of the rear O2? im i desperate need to get it done before sunday for my tune

Any auto parts store can sell you one. I called around, some said two weeks to get one, others said they'd have it in 2 hours. Call around get prices.

You have to be careful when buying the front O2 sensor on the 05's because there were like 700 cars shipped to the states that had a different front O2 sensor than the rest of that year's fleet. I know because I had to replace mine and every sensor that I had shipped to me from parts store on the internet were wrong until one of the stores mentioned this to me and squared me away. You know you have the odd-ball one like mine by looking at the sleeve. If it's the yellow colored sleeve, it's the one I have. If it's the grey colored sleeve, it's the more common one.

Is this actually a thing? I replaced my original, yellow sleeved front o2 with a blue sleeved Denso 234-9120, and shit is all sorts of fucked up.

• 1 year later...

thread revival:

swapped in a Bosch 15011 about 40k ago ran great, sensor died about 2-300 miles after my re-tune.

replaced my 02 with a Denso 234-9120 about 1200miles ago,

started having a hesitation sputter condition at steady throttle cruise, and A/F is bouncing everywhere.

going to re-replace with a new Bosch 15011. I guess my car is one of the rare 700 that is finicky with sensor choice.

Archived