LegacyGT.com

O2 sensor's

Yellow here I ordered mine from Advanced and I recieved the yellow one I don't think they all that rare.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...
Bringing life to a old thread : Ordered the front sensor from autozone online, bosch 15011, my front sensor (yellow sleeve) was a nightmare to remove it was siezed in placed, took the manifold off, with a lot of heat, pb blaster and a impact gun I was able to get it out, also if this happens to you chase the threads with a tap, almost jacked up the new sensor threads before I chased the hole, also the 15011 bosch is now $90 plus tax and shipping, had my tuner look at the output, he said it looked good.

• 2 weeks later...
i might order up one of these bosch 15011, do they come with the yellow sleeve? i think thats what mine is, ill check it in the morning. ones from subaru dealer are equal to 450 USD locally! is this the replacement for oem subaru sensor 22641AA220?

Thanks for the link, does it look like the one pictured in the amazon link? theconnector to the wiring looks different to mine. Does it look anything like this?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/IMG_20110315_172141.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/IMG_20110315_172150.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/IMG_20110315_172202.jpg

It doesn't look like the generic picture that Amazon used, sensor or plug. It was an exact fit when I changed it, with the following, non-functional differences:

Wire jacket was grey, not yellow

Plug was white, not grey

Base only had a compression washer, not compression washer and shield washer

It came with two zip ties with anchors to press into holes to hold the wire steady and away from moving or hot parts, but they were too small to fit any available holes. I just used a bigger zip tie around a padded pipe, same as the one that came out.

I also noticed that the vacation pics said to use a specific anti-sieze, so I applied high heat copper (carefully!) to the threads. All in all, it took longer to re and re the under cover than to change the O2 sensor.

This thread is a huge help. I just threw a P0031 code yesterday (Front O2) and I'm about to replace mine, prob tonight. I have to fit my new DBA 4000's anyway so no biggie. My car was randomly, but not often, shutting off. It was almost like fuel was cut. Strange. Anyway, I'll post how I make out since mine is an 05. Ordered my bosch replacement online and paid $94

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

It doesn't look like the generic picture that Amazon used, sensor or plug. It was an exact fit when I changed it, with the following, non-functional differences:

Wire jacket was grey, not yellow

Plug was white, not grey

Base only had a compression washer, not compression washer and shield washer

It came with two zip ties with anchors to press into holes to hold the wire steady and away from moving or hot parts, but they were too small to fit any available holes. I just used a bigger zip tie around a padded pipe, same as the one that came out.

I also noticed that the vacation pics said to use a specific anti-sieze, so I applied high heat copper (carefully!) to the threads. All in all, it took longer to re and re the under cover than to change the O2 sensor.

Thats great thanks for the update. i think ill get one ordered up to help trouble shoot some idlle issues im having, no codes being thrown yet.

Did it take long to receive after you ordered it?

Thanks

Dan

Ordered Jan. 28; Shipped Feb. 1; Arrived ??. I use CBI in Niagara Falls, NY and didn't check to see when it arrived. Probably only took a day or two. So, maybe 6 days from order, give or take a day.

Thanks for info, i just saw on the amazon page "ships 3-4 weeks" and i needed it sooner!

I threw a P0037 code in my 08 LGT and it was bank 1 sensor 2 which is the O2 sensor in the downpipe. I replaced it with the OEM Subaru one and because I know someone at Subaru it was $110 after tax.

The sensor is made by Denso however I do not know the part number however when I had my WRX I replaced the O2 sensor in the header with a Denso I got from amazon for $135 shipped a few years back.

04 wrx O2 sensor was Denso and 08 LGT O2 sensor was Denso

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

You have to be careful when buying the front O2 sensor on the 05's because there were like 700 cars shipped to the states that had a different front O2 sensor than the rest of that year's fleet. I know because I had to replace mine and every sensor that I had shipped to me from parts store on the internet were wrong until one of the stores mentioned this to me and squared me away. You know you have the odd-ball one like mine by looking at the sleeve. If it's the yellow colored sleeve, it's the one I have. If it's the grey colored sleeve, it's the more common one.

So where did you find the proper sensor bc I have the same one you do. It's a yellow jacket and the wire harness is different. Was that the issue you had?

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Weird question... stock rear sensor is wide band right? But only reads down to 11.2 afr.

is the because of the controller or the sensor? Could one replace the sensor and have a wide band that data-logs through the obd2 port down into the 10s?

im going to order one up today, my problem seems the car seems to be pretty jerky in and around traffic when driving slowly, will replace the sensor and see if that helps.

edit: they are out of stock now :(

to report in, had a CEL for my front o2 sensor about 2 weeks ago. Used amazon ordered the bosch 15011, 93 shipped (I have free shipping from amazon) ordered it 4:30pm on a friday, showed up 1pm saturday. Mine was yellow, new bosch is gray. Removed my old sensor it was easy it was out 8k ago when i did my headers. New one does not have that heat shield thing.

No install issue comes with 2 zip tie clamps to hold it the factory mount for the wire. Connector plugged right in.

I cleaered the code with a scan tool from a tech in my shop, started it up, let it warm up and just idle. shut it down let it cool, started back up idle was smooth and now she is running great! This combined with new pcv about 500 miles ago, ive gotten back about 3-4 mpg around town, and car is running excellent just need to do valve cover gaskets :(

Archived