LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT Top Speed

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ame=http://www.metacafe.com/watch/200386/f100_barn_launch_with_a_jato/]Metacafe - Online Video Entertainment - Free video clips for your enjoyment[/ame]

This is JATO:lol: [ame=http://www.metacafe.com/watch/200386/f100_barn_launch_with_a_jato/]Metacafe - Online Video Entertainment - Free video clips for your enjoyment[/ame]

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

JATO engages at about 140mph, so this could be a practical application to the Legacy with the correct tire/wheel set up. Someone call Mythbusters....

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4162197816784061934&q=blue+angels+jato+c-130]Blue Angels c130 Jet Assisted Take Off (JATO) at Quad City Airshow 2006[/ame]

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

personally, i have driven my LGT to about 140 mph. i actually have a very blurry pic of about 136 mph or so as we started to slow down. don't really drive that fast anymore. i save my speed and crazier driving for the track or autocross. much safer and legal, so i don't have to deal with tickets. :lol:
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I have got mine going pretty well, depending wind conditions its very stable, but a time or two if felt light, probably due to a strong headwind. 1'd rather not state numbers though. And be very careful, as the saying goes, "few live past 100"

LGT gearing maxes out at about 160 regardless of how much hp you have.

Seems like 160 is even a bit fast for the gearing. I've been 135 and I was already at between 5700 and 5800 RPM's. I know I've got until 6900 for fuel cut off, but I don't know, maybe you can get an extra 25 out of it, although I wouldn't want to hold that kind of RPM for very long, even running Redline.

LGT gearing maxes out at about 160 regardless of how much hp you have.

Actually, using this thread, you can calculate out that at 7200 rpm (COBB AP rev limit) on a MT Legacy GT...

Gearing takes you to 179.2 mph (stock tires), and with 225 width, you can go to 181.8 mph... :D

Ted

:spin:

stage 2 on the 'test' track I got to 155-8, wouldnt go any more and did not feel very well planted at that speed, plus the driver side window seemed ready to tear off:(
...sporting the hottest Legacy on the westside of my block:icon_bigg

Seems like I read in Car and Driver that they got it up to 138mph and thought it could do more if not for ECU.

No Limiter on MY 06, had friend clock me with Radar gun at Sebring 154MPH, still accelerating, but had to brake for the corner, stock everything, except the brakes and tires of course.

My 1994 Viper Venom 500 hit 182mph on the same straight.

• 1 month later...
Actually, using this thread, you can calculate out that at 7200 rpm (COBB AP rev limit) on a MT Legacy GT...

Gearing takes you to 179.2 mph (stock tires), and with 225 width, you can go to 181.8 mph... :D

Ted

Correct.

@ 7300 rpm in a 6 speed spec b with enough hp and you can go about 210. :icon_eek:

Archived