LegacyGT.com

'05 OB XT replacement struts & shocks?

so is the K-sport a direct bolt in or are mods required? I'd like to try something else at this point... grease is starting to come out of the bottom of my front right ...not very much but a little. The suspension seems to be working though.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the legacy system has less travel in it than the outback system. So you risk bottoming/topping it.

Yea I think what you would need to do is put LGT bump stops on like the guy in the picture I posted did.

so is the K-sport a direct bolt in or are mods required? I'd like to try something else at this point... grease is starting to come out of the bottom of my front right ...not very much but a little. The suspension seems to be working though.

supposedly megan said this is normal. I was told this is due to the cartridge being a bit over packed with grease. I received replacement front cartridges and my right front did this within the first week.

I cleaned it off and kept driving it and have had no problems.

I too am too the point of wanting to try some really good LGT coils.

Like the TEIN Flex with the electronic adjusters :)

Maybe one of these days...

sorry to thread hi-jack but does anyone want to buy my '09 Ltd stock alloy wheels for $400 ? trying to get rid of them this weekend

So, you're sorry...but then you do it anyway. :confused:

Wrong forum, dude...there is a Classifieds section specifically for Tires and Wheels. You might do better there.

Hope that helps,

Tim

problem with the Konis is that for the fronts you will need to get blank lgt strut bodies. The konis don't work in the OB front housings. The rears are fine since they aren't inserts.

-mike

• 3 weeks later...

Well I replaced my megan cartridges with new ones from megan back in October/November 2008and now the are bumping again. Ill be calling them to try to get replacements.

I had heard they came out with a new design that are not inverted and was told if I have trouble again they would replace them.

Ill see what happens.

Hi -

Were they leaking?

How did you know they were dead?

Mine have been fine since install two years ago; unlike the 3 Ksports I went through the first year.

thanks.

Well I replaced my megan cartridges with new ones from megan back in October/November 2008and now the are bumping again. Ill be calling them to try to get replacements.

I had heard they came out with a new design that are not inverted and was told if I have trouble again they would replace them.

Ill see what happens.

bilsteins??yet?

The JDM Bilstein BTS kit setup I'd bought in Japan back in the Winter of 2008 is in the wind to me in Atlanta. Arrival is scheduled for next week without any glitch's. The UPS tracking shows a hand-off in Alaska just today. Edit; seems to have cleared Customs / Louisville Kentucky. Edit: It's arrived! at long last. Very high quality!!

(Try as I might, I can't seem to forget the Governor Palin / RNC sillyness - Poor Alaska -IMHO. Does she have a Talk Radio gig yet, maybe one of those cable TV productions like QVC? Hey,, ya can't be the Gov of Alaska forever.)

LOUISVILLE,

KY, US

05/03/2009

8:40 A.M.

ARRIVAL SCAN

ANCHORAGE,

AK, US

05/02/2009

4:26 P.M.

DEPARTURE SCAN

LOUISVILLE,

KY, US

05/02/2009

12:25 P.M.

REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY

ANCHORAGE,

AK, US

05/01/2009

12:11 P.M.

ARRIVAL SCAN

CHIBA,

JP

05/01/2009

Stay tuned for the scoop....

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

• 1 month later...

Archived