LegacyGT.com

How old were you when you bought your Legacy GT

46 for me.

Looks like alot of young uns here?

Interesting since almost every GT I see is driven by someone in their 40s,50s or 60s. My neighbor just traded his '05 for a new Outback and he's 75.

Legacy GTs are much different than WRXs where their average driver doesn't even look old enough to drive :lol:.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
35 for me... a recurring number, it seems... I bought this car last December. 12K miles for an '05. Cost me a cool 24 grand, which, believe it or not, was an awesome deal since you couldn't get it for under 30K at a dealership...Had two full sets of after market rims too, summer/winter... And a big plus, it was my prefered blk/blk.

Bunch 'a youngsters! :lol:

;)

How are you all affording a 20-25K+ car when you're that young? All I could afford was a beater until I was 23.... :iam:

i am 20 years old and its not that bad really let me explain

i paid 17k flat for my 05 lgt with just shy of 50k on the odom...

i still live at home...

i worked every summer since about 15 years young..

i have worked full time for 2+ years since graduating from high school...

i have no bills but a car + ins + cell phone = ~$500 a month...

then again my car is my life..

all in all not that bad i can pull that plus save some extra dough for mods + funtime for me...

and my parents said i should have went to college.. meanwhile my 23 year old sister is back home from school (after 5 years) working a decent job (not in her field) and driving a truck on its last leg (94 ford exploder).. with 75k in college debt looming in the background..

in todays economy college is not for everyone.. i have high goals i want a house and a porsche by 30 and despite what my mom says i dont see that as unrealistic at all.. (unless i have children then kiss the porsche goodbye)

ill get back to you in ten years see where im at

till then ill keep dreaming about my '96 911 Turbo:wub:

That's cool, PigPen. I didn't think of that.... many other possibilites other than my experiences.

I worked the normal high school job in school and spend quite a bit of money on my girl friend at the time. Scraped together enough money to buy my first car, after using the folks "hand-me-down" cars for a few years. Went to working three jobs during the summer breaks (during college) and purchased a new car (mostly on credit) when I graduated from college (at 22 years old). ;)

It just struck me to see so many 19-22 year olds with relitively new LGT's. :)

Archived