LegacyGT.com

How old were you when you bought your Legacy GT

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, then we lose the GT, just like we lost the wagon. 09 rumor has it that spec B will be only turbo sedan option.

^ That would be like shooting oneself in the foot. Everyone on this site hates the B. But look @ the new WRX. SOA does alot of stupid things...:spin:

How are those of you who are college age (under 22-23) paying for your cars? I couldn't even fathom paying for a car when I was in college.

Eric

Easily, 20K that I put down. Financing the rest. Not to mention it pays being 19 with a good paying job for the summer, and nailing 3.0% interest rates. Not to mention I still have some wiggle room for mod money *evil grin* Although right now I am in the process of transferring jobs as I do need even a little more at this point if I want to start doing any work on the car.

How in the hell does a 22 year old college student put down 20k+?!?

A 19 year old putting down 20k on a car and getting a 3.0% interest rate? Mommy and daddy came up with the dough or somebody has a little side business going on with the mafia.;) I figured most owners to be in their 20's, looks like that is fair assumption.

A 19 year old putting down 20k on a car and getting a 3.0% interest rate? Mommy and daddy came up with the dough or somebody has a little side business going on with the mafia.;) I figured most owners to be in their 20's, looks like that is fair assumption.

Why? I put 5k down on my first Subaru at 19 and got 0.9% for 36mo on it. Had been working full time since I was 18, and had good credit history for what little credit I had. I had no cosigners or any outside help.

Doesn't sound unreasonable to me at all. I could have put 20k down, but it was an 18k car and I figured it was better to invest the rest ;)

Oh heck no. There was some old geezer on here that was in his 60s...:eek:.

:hide:

And I'm not that far behind that I can't see it coming. :lol:

SBT

Old, for sure:cool:...but geezer, WTF? Got the '03 WRX in '03 and then traded up in '06 for the '06 LGT at 59;). Hit the big 6-0 last year and still going strong! I'm looking to go rotated (GT35R + nitrous and meth) starting late next month.

Got my first car at 13...a '40 Ford Woody. Took it apart and couldn't figure out how to put it back together...I guess things never change:lol:

1512146872_WRXSide.jpg.37f458359f6a12471b377fbdd997ffa8.jpg

1867407062_LGTREARSIDE.jpg.1cde845c0a4b99f764bd3010767840ca.jpg

:-P It's called having a good job I guess... Im not complaining im in the car I wanted for myself and paying for it myself. Unlike my friends in their Audis, BMWs, Infinitis ETC which mommy and daddy bought... :-P At least at the end of the day I appreciate my car far more than they do.

Old, for sure:cool:...but geezer, WTF? Got the '03 WRX in '03 and then traded up in '06 for the '06 LGT at 59;). Hit the big 6-0 last year and still going strong! I'm looking to go rotated (GT35R + nitrous and meth) starting late next month.

Got my first car at 13...a '40 Ford Woody. Took it apart and couldn't figure out how to put it back together...I guess things never change:lol:

We old "cusses" need to teach these young'ens some old skool tricks. Started driving and modding when I was 9, but then I wised up and realized that that was a rat hole for my meager earnings at the time.

BTW - Nice LGT and good luck on your car... especially if, as you mentioned..."things never change" :lol:

Besides 60 is the new 40 and so on and so forth, so these 19-20 year olds are still in diapers, relatively speaking.:)

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

We old "cusses" need to teach these young'ens some old skool tricks. Started driving and modding when I was 9, but then I wised up and realized that that was a rat hole for my meager earnings at the time.

BTW - Nice LGT and good luck on your car... especially if, as you mentioned..."things never change" :lol:

Besides 60 is the new 40 and so on and so forth, so these 19-20 year olds are still in diapers, relatively speaking.:)

SBT

Yup, agreed! I still have to learn the hard way (i.e. DIY), but luckily there's the "net" and resources like LGT.com, etc. Also, I have access to a shop with a rack, my Dad's old SnapOn tools, a couple of good torque wrenches and some good friends that are into modding...oh, and a wife that understands that my modding is cheaper than me having a girlfriend;)

SBT

Hey if you ever wanna come out and hold a class and teach some of us youngins how to do it right, I'm all ears. ;)

Archived