LegacyGT.com

New logs...please look

TPLGT

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for hijack, but looks like this thread is done:-)

I've installed borla catback, got a new map for it from Mike.

Here is the log:

3rd_pull_TA_tune.csv (do "save target as" , as browser may open csv, instead of excel)

Strange, but compare to my previous setup (up+DP + dropin only) and old TDC map, this one seems to be way too conservative. 15.7 psi max boost (was around 17), car seems to be slower.

It is somethning with tune or may be my setup? any advise?

There are no bad people, just differeent.

Sorry for hijack, but looks like this thread is done:-)

I've installed borla catback, got a new map for it from Mike.

Here is the log:

3rd_pull_TA_tune.csv (do "save target as" , as browser may open csv, instead of excel)

Strange, but compare to my previous setup (up+DP + dropin only) and old TDC map, this one seems to be way too conservative. 15.7 psi max boost (was around 17), car seems to be slower.

It is somethning with tune or may be my setup? any advise?

Go back to mike..looks like you should be pushing a lil more boost and your mass airflow looks a little low. I think my Stage 2 at sea level put down about 220+ g/s; i peaked at 245 g/s with my Perrin TMIC.

Got an updated map. Hvae lil more boost, power delivery is very smooth.

But still, max boost is about 16.4 psi. Is it a TMIC which makes possible to have 18-19 psi? Where is a bottleneck? I have UP, DP, catback, drop-in filter.

Also, I can see how boost lowers as engine heated up, intake temperature went from 79 to 91. Time for CAI?

Here is the logs:

http://www.koloskov.com/temp/3rd_baseTA_cold.csv

http://www.koloskov.com/temp/3rd_baseTA_hot.csv

Learning view:

http://www.koloskov.com/temp/LearningView_10-10-2008 11 03 55 PM.csv

No CAI. That is not needed..........Mike can tune that up....ask him to max the boost to a reasonable level...he'll understand....you will feel a 'snap' in 2nd and 3rd....log after that.

Start your own thread in the tuning section...Infamous1 (Shamar) is always helpul and will let you know what's up. Sound cool?

Rehab is for quitters.

Sounds perfect.:-)

I'll send logs to Mike, he is the man.

I wish I could have time to learn all this kitchen and start tuning myself. It is so interesting. But.. no time for me in nearest 3-5 years.

What I did is this:

loaded a learning view, connected to my com1 port. After I've seen it read my ECU data, start to drive around.. slow, fast, WOT, etc.

After 15-20 minutes I stopped, hit "save data" button, and this is it. It saved csv file.

However, I fugured this out myself... You better confirm with more experienced people.

What I did is this:

loaded a learning view, connected to my com1 port. After I've seen it read my ECU data, start to drive around.. slow, fast, WOT, etc.

After 15-20 minutes I stopped, hit "save data" button, and this is it. It saved csv file.

However, I fugured this out myself... You better confirm with more experienced people.

The car does not need to be started to log a LV. Open the LV program, choose the com port. Click save data. That is it. It will download into an excel SS that will appear on your desk top.

Let us know how it works out.

Rehab is for quitters.

Thanks guys..maybe I wasn't too clear.

What program do you use to log the learing view, is it Romraider logger? Or a completetly different program? I am using the latest version of Romraider to logger to log and manipulate the ROM and I am using ECU flash to read and write to the rom. Can it be done using either of those 2 programs? If so, how?

Learning view is a separate tool. Once it is downloaded it save on your desktop and you open that up save the data and then move on to logging using Romraider.

I just searched Romraider and the web but could not find it. I am embarassed to admit I totally forgot where it is located.

PM littleblueGT, Infamous1 or merchgod...they will get you straight. AND search for proper logging parameters...you only need 8 or 9. GL

Rehab is for quitters.

• 1 month later...

Can someone look at these new logs and make sure everything looks good?

I added a TMIC and the map was updated by TA. About a month ago I was having some issues with overboost. I would WOT the car doing 80 and I would throw a CEL. Mike fixed it and it has been good ever since....just wnat to see what you guys think?

I have attached 3 logs and a LV.

I am thinking about have Jarrad update my old PDX map so I may end up going that route...one more thing..can you tell where my cut off is?

I think I hit the rev limiter on one of the logs.

TP

http://www.box.net/shared/zx1cmi9zzx

Rehab is for quitters.

Is this a basic stage 2 car? It looks like you're running a smaller restrictor pill than a stock 05-06. At first I thought it might be a 3 port but a 3 port needs more WGDC than that to build boost.

IMHO, 20+ psi is too much for a stock VF40 at 3000 rpm and 19+psi at 4000 rpm is way too much.

You have a lot of FLKC.

Next time log ignition total timing. We can calculate it by base and KC but it won't include any additional compensations.

Archived