LegacyGT.com

New logs...please look

TPLGT

- Log TOTAL ignition timing instead of the timing parameter you picked

- Is this a VF40? If so, the target boost looks silly to me... target boost of 20psi at 2400rpm sounds like a recipe for some serious overboosting in 4th and 5th. Also targeting 17psi at 6000rpm looks dangerous. Those targets must be getting clipped by max WGDC though since WG is decreasing. I'm not sure what's going on with your boost control... looks like the targets are all just set way high and boost is being controlled primarily by max WGDC.

- No knock present.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. The log looks decent, although we can't tell anything about your timing since you didn't log total timing. Your boost looks a little high for a VF40.

Your boost control looks very sloppy, at least from what is shown in this log. There is almost no relationship between boost and target boost (plot them vs. rpm).

Do a log in 4th gear from 2000rpm to 4000rpm. Then do 5th from 2000rpm-4000rpm if you can do it safely.

My '05 LGT

Total timing can be calculated by adding the base timing+ KC. I am assuming these runs where either back to back or the first run was down a slight decline. The 2nd run is down almost a whopping 30whp/wtq, if back to back on the same stretch of road this shows the great effect of a TMIC and heat soak.

And I agree with Legend the boost control is setup pretty bad.

TPLGT.jpg.fdcaf289e8fa748e878f651e5b3bff68.jpg

The first pull was flat to down hill....slightly. YEs the second pull was up hill on an on ramp up a bridge. Geez..I didn't even think about it....I will log on fla ground next time.

So should the boost control be altered? That about it?

Rehab is for quitters.

Take a look. Here is your boost vs. targets. Little or no relationship. I don't know what your boost is like in other gears but my guess is it's all over the place.

http://beeez.com/lgt/tpboost.jpg

For reference, here is mine ('05 MT, stage 2, e85). Note that boost is nicely controlled and that the boost lines closely follow target boost. Boost will follow the boost targets in every gear at every temperature. Not exactly, but this is about as close as you can get.

http://beeez.com/lgt/boosts.jpg

My '05 LGT

WOW!

I asked the Tuner and he cnocurred that it is overboosting. An updated map is on its way. I guess it wont quite have the snap it used to?

You could possibly lose some low end torque, however there is likely hood of it staying the same or possibly increasing as you were most likely shooting flames through the TMIC at 21psi n a vf40. Oh and overboosting isn't the only problem it is just plain old poor boost control accross the board. Also did you mention to him you are running a smaller pill?

WOW!

I asked the Tuner and he cnocurred that it is overboosting. An updated map is on its way. I guess it wont quite have the snap it used to?

I don't know why you'd have to lose anything. Your boost can spool as aggressively as the turbo will allow but still be controlled. You don't have to overboost to first get the most out of the turbo.

I'd still be interested to see those 4th and 5th gear logs on your next iteration. I'm still surprised the tuner is managing boost using primarily max WGDC. You might get some pretty isolated 3rd gear logs using that strategy, but I'd expect problems in other gears... or at other temperatures. Hopefully they change that strategy and dial in WGDC to achieve realistic boost targets.

My '05 LGT

I am waiting on a new map...will post logs from this...as well as the 4th and 5th gear 2-4k.

Also, no more logging up hill...I should have thought about it...

Logging up hill is the best type of logging as it puts the engine under more load. However it is not a good thing when tryinhg to plot power or dialing in boost.

Should I run one of each?

BTW, The Tuner sent me a map that takes in account an actuator (wating on a new one b/c I do not have one) If I ran this map, would it make a difference?

Rehab is for quitters.

Should I run one of each?

BTW, The Tuner sent me a map that takes in account an actuator (wating on a new one b/c I do not have one) If I ran this map, would it make a difference?

No need to just wait until the tune is finalized.

As for the actuator, I don't see how he take account for it if it is adjustable.

I don't see how he take account for it if it is adjustable.

Because he can't, well not well.

I find that very similar td values work on an adjustable actuator, but different WGDCs are needed.

Of course if it doesn't work right, then the tuner can just say you didn't adjust it right.:lol:

These look pretty good to me, although I think it's too much boost. Greater than 20psi peak and still nearly 20psi around 4krpms is probably pretty far out of the efficiency range of the VF40. It looks like the boost target is 19.7 all the way...

Keep an eye on your LV. Learning A is at +13 and the others probably haven't set up yet. Looks like your ecu might be compensating for some leanness. Don't reflash and post another LV after a week.

My '05 LGT

These look pretty good to me, although I think it's too much boost. Greater than 20psi peak and still nearly 20psi around 4krpms is probably pretty far out of the efficiency range of the VF40. It looks like the boost target is 19.7 all the way...

Keep an eye on your LV. Learning A is at +13 and the others probably haven't set up yet. Looks like your ecu might be compensating for some leanness. Don't reflash and post another LV after a week.

Thanks for looking. I sent the logs...all of them to Mike the Tuner. He sent me another map tuning down the boost in the higher gears. The tune looks safe.

I will post new logs...do you mind taking another look?

Rehab is for quitters.

I have a MR catless DP and UP, AVO panel fliter and Perrin TMIC. I am running a Tuning Alliance MAP...very sweet. Ton of power and smooth. I have had it revised a few times and need to flash the newest one (just haven't got around to it.) GL with the mods.
Rehab is for quitters.

Archived