LegacyGT.com

New logs...please look

TPLGT

Yep..basic Stage 2. Catless DP and UP, Panel filter and TMIC. I had the car dialed in nicely with a PDX map then I got a TMIC and bot the map from TA...great map but had some adjustments that needed to be done.

When I had an Ecutek reflash (stage1) the Tuner needed to add a smaller restrivtor pill becuase he could not get it to boost. So...yes, I do have a smaller pill.

Rehab is for quitters.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMHO, 20+ psi is too much for a stock VF40 at 3000 rpm and 19+psi at 4000 rpm is way too much.

Looks as though that is the reason for all the KC, as soon as boost gets down to where it 'should' be over 5k rpm the KC advances back up. The thing that would be interesting to see is the AFRs at that point in the log, because the timing seems conservative thru out the log.

I didn't read the entire thread thoroughly, what octane fuel are you running?

Running 93. Never really had a problem with any of the maps....The car runs well. had a few issues with overboost but the car runs well. What should I log for you to see how it's running?
Rehab is for quitters.

I ordered an updated map from pdx (I was running one from them before the current map) So I suspect all will be in order...the TA map was great, btw, I just had a lot of movin parts and the map had to be updated a few times....so here I am....

I suspect the current map is safe enough for now?

Rehab is for quitters.

• 1 month later...

New, improved logs. I was having some overboosting issues...probably due to the very cool weather....this is an upgraded Stage 2 map to take account of my perrin TMIC...over the car feels good just wnated to see if anyone could review them for an opinion...

It was 81 degrees when I logged, FYI. Thanks!

http://www.box.net/shared/59nlxnk7qf

Rehab is for quitters.

Are you using a stock intake? Is the altitude in Jacksonville, FL close to sea level? Your MAF is really low if you are using a stock intake at sea level.

In both logs, you have some knock at 5700-6000 rpm. Since it is consistent, you should get it taken care of especially since it is in the high rpm full boost region.

I disagree with the boost control. In a straight up 3rd gear log, I think boost error should be close to zero between 3500 rpm to redline. The problem is that your boost is controlled by WGDC and not by boost target. If you do a 4th gear log or if you downshift from 4th to 3rd gear, you'll hit higher boost/load which you may not be tuned for. If it was safe to run higher boost, why not run it in 3rd gear?

I am at sea level and have a stock intake.

I am at a basci stage 2 setup: up/dp both catless and Perrin TMIC..stock intake and CBE.

PDX created these maps and I have had great luck in the past...

Rehab is for quitters.

PDX created these maps and I have had great luck in the past...

Looks as though it still needs some work to be powerful & safe. G/sec is definitely low, especially considering the boost pressure being ran.

I was pulling +240g/sec w/ my STG1 map at just under 17psi w/ CBE. Now pulling +250g/sec using the same exact map(just under 17psi) w/ STG2 mods(catless UP/DP/MP, P&P&C'd manifold/xpipe).

TPLGT, you have a very good spool, I think it is because you've got smaller pill. Waiting to install mine soon!

BTW, I've mobed to a OP roamraider maps, much better then everything I have before! I would say it is 30% more pover and still safer, less knock.

testes1010, what is your engine load?

There are no bad people, just differeent.

testes1010, what is your engine load?

3.10 g/rev is the max I've hit yesterday(not the log I posted up in my thread, it was only 3.0 g/rev) with no changes to the STG1 map & bolting up all STG2 exhaust stuff, all still at a peak of 17psig. I was regularly hitting +2.9# g/rev with only my STG1 map & CBE.

my mod/tuning tracking thread

Are you using a stock intake? Is the altitude in Jacksonville, FL close to sea level? Your MAF is really low if you are using a stock intake at sea level.

Is the MAF really that low? He is running in 81 degree weather..looks about what I logged with TMIC in the heat.

Is the MAF really that low? He is running in 81 degree weather..looks about what I logged with TMIC in the heat.

Yes, it is very low.

He should be close to 240 g/s even accounting for the heat.

I've seen 249 g/s in similar heat conditions in Hawaii but that was with an Invidia catless downpipe.

BTW, I do have smaller restrictor pill. It was put in when I went stage 1 with Ecutek. For some reason the tuner couldn't get it to boost.

Mickeyd,

Any way to create a map for me I can flash using my AP?

Rehab is for quitters.

I use a 1.0 mm pill for better boost control.

If you want me to create a map for you in APV2, you would need to send me a screen shot of EVERY table in AP Race because I have never seen AP Race. I have seen Street Tuner and the parameters are scaled differently.

You can just get a Tactrix 1.3 cable and I can tell you what WGDC values to change.

I use a 1.0 mm pill for better boost control.

If you want me to create a map for you in APV2, you would need to send me a screen shot of EVERY table in AP Race because I have never seen AP Race. I have seen Street Tuner and the parameters are scaled differently.

You can just get a Tactrix 1.3 cable and I can tell you what WGDC values to change.

How do i screen shot every screen in AP Race? What is AP race...?

I have a Tactrix cable...that is what I use to log but I don't think I feel comfortable flashing the ECU this way.

Rehab is for quitters.

• 6 months later...
The boost/MAF readings look a bit rough in the mid range and there are a few flat spots on your rpm plot but it's not terrible. It's not knocking and the dyno numbers you posted sound correct for your mods. The learning view numbers are in the ball park as well. It could be smoothed out a bit more over all but honestly if you are happy with the way it feels you could just leave it as is. Just my 2 cents. :)

Archived