LegacyGT.com

New logs...please look

TPLGT

What does that mean?

Boost just will require more attention to be dialed in correctly, you might see some more overboosting come winter time. Basically little changes in WGDC can change boost dramatically on your setup. You are still on the stock resistor pill right?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I have an 'upgraded' pill. When I had my Ecutek Stage 1 tune, the Tuner put in another pill because he could not get it to bosst the way he wanted it. Will that change things?
Rehab is for quitters.

No, I have an 'upgraded' pill. When I had my Ecutek Stage 1 tune, the Tuner put in another pill because he could not get it to bosst the way he wanted it. Will that change things?

He was trying to tune around the WGDC delay in the 200N rom. PDX should be able to dial it in but if will take a little more TLC.

This is a very important mod. Just because the pill only costs $2 doesn't mean it's not important. You need to make sure that your tuner always knows everything that has changed.

PDX already updated the map and sent it to me. I planned on flashing it today. Should I tell him that I had an upgraded Pill installed when I went Stage 1?

When I requested the maps I provided all of my mods, which were limited but left out the pill because I didn't think of it.

Rehab is for quitters.

So I ran the car with the new map...feels solid. Not as snappy as the first map. It looks like I may be topping out around 17 lbs. of boost.

Qucik thing to mention, when I logged yesterday, I had my A/c on...would this make a difference? Stupid question I guess....

Rehab is for quitters.

I thought ours was RPM based. Off after 4.5k, or so. It may also have a WOT switch. Not sure.

From an engineering standpoint, I think it would be better to be throttle controlled. It is entirely possible to drive the car constantly at 5000 rpm but it is not possible to drive constantly at WOT since the car would keep accelerating unless we were on the autobahn.

Maybe someone can check it out? My A/C sprung a leak sometime last year and I never fixed it. I just open the sunroof when the temperature gets smoking hot (> 70F :)).

Maybe someone can check it out? My A/C sprung a leak sometime last year and I never fixed it. I just open the sunroof when the temperature gets smoking hot (> 70F :)).

I think it is a loggable parameter (1 or0)?

I will try and remember on the way home from work.

Nice, LBGT. If the determinant of AC cutout is Accelerator Pedal Angle, then it sure looks like the threshold is 70% (there is a data line with 70.xx% throttle with the AC signal off and another data line down the log with 69.xx% throttle and the AC signal is still on).

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Nice, LBGT. If the determinant of AC cutout is Accelerator Pedal Angle, then it sure looks like the threshold is 70% (there is a data line with 70.xx% throttle with the AC signal off and another data line down the log with 69.xx% throttle and the AC signal is still on).

Agreed. There were a few points though, after a full throttle run from 422625 - 423172 that might indicate an additional RPM based shut-off. More than likely though the clutch just hasn't engaged yet.

Those were the only points I found with a high enough engine speed, not at >70% throttle, that might have indicated an RPM shut-off.

If you get bored, run up to 6K at half throttle.

Take a look at where the A/C wants to be on but isn't. It looks like the throttle definitely cuts out the A/C. There might be other limitations such as rpm to prevent over revving the A/C compressor.

It looks like it takes about 400 ms to start up the compressor.

In the future, I would prefer seeing throttle logged instead of accelerator pedal angle. AFAIK, the accelerator pedal angle is used primarily to control the DBW throttle setting. The engine functions should be based off actual throttle angle. Since the relationship between accelerator pedal angle and throttle angle consists of two complex 3D maps, it would be better to just log throttle angle.

Take a look at where the A/C wants to be on but isn't. It looks like the throttle definitely cuts out the A/C. There might be other limitations such as rpm to prevent over revving the A/C compressor.

It looks like it takes about 400 ms to start up the compressor.

In the future, I would prefer seeing throttle logged instead of accelerator pedal angle. AFAIK, the accelerator pedal angle is used primarily to control the DBW throttle setting. The engine functions should be based off actual throttle angle. Since the relationship between accelerator pedal angle and throttle angle consists of two complex 3D maps, it would be better to just log throttle angle.

Check.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally!!! I have new logs!

I reset my ECU and have put on a few hundread miles since PDX re-wrote my MAP (the first one was over boosting...a lot!)

The car feels good..still has a touch of studder though. I have included a LV and 2 decent logs...let me know what you think.

TP

http://www.box.net/shared/is80l548w4

Rehab is for quitters.

I HAD Ecutek EM for stage 2 but ran into some WG issues. I went up to ATL for a Protune but for some reason Ecutek limited WGDC to 30%...or something like that...The tune has issues including boost cut so I broke down and bot my AP.

Now here I am .....$700 for Ecutek...just kinda rented the EM for stage 1 I guess....Boooooo!

Rehab is for quitters.

• 1 month later...

I installed my Perrin TMIC on Sat. and bot a new map from Mike over at Tuning Alliance....all I have to say is HOLY SMOKES!!! The car pulls like I NEVER felt before with 0 stutter. Here are some logs (one at idle, too) and a LV. let me know what you think. BTW, Infamous...can you extrapolate the data to see what I am putting to the wheels?

Thanks.

TP

http://www.box.net/shared/nufs2k0gd4

Rehab is for quitters.

Archived