LegacyGT.com

Got the car tuned today

johnAWD

First and foremost, thanks to Adam @ Revolutions Perfomance in Colorado Springs. A most excellent map was created for my car & accessport.

My car has a gt3076r with .82 a/r hot side, blow through OEM maf, modded stock 816cc injectors, FMIC, 91 octane, hallman MBC.

At 10psi the car made 319 awhp, and at 18psi we settled in on 362 awhp and 360 tq. The car made 367 at 18psi, but some timing was pulled on the big end and it's very happy. Correction factor was 1.18 - Adam cut it in half from the 1.37 it "should" have been. With the correction factor at 1.37 it made 440-ish awhp. :) Don't know what the uncorrected is.

At 18psi the injector duty cycle is 78%.

I've got dyno charts but my scanner is out of commission. A pal was there and took pictures of the dyno display, so once those are emailed to me I'll post them up.

Boost came on a bit later than I'd hoped. At 4k rpm it really wakes up. And we noticed that my tial bov is open at idle - need a new spring pronto, as it's affecting idle.

All in all I'm pretty happy. As long as I can stay away from launching the car the stock clutch just may hold up for a bit. Maybe. :)

John == happy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A commission check stepped in and saved the day with regards to the IRS bill. :)

Peak torque was right around 4750 rpm, peak hp around 5650 rpm. Full boost somewhere around 4500 pm.

;1910395']That sounds like an outrageously optimistic dyno.

I would like to read more C springs has just a bit less O2, I didn't see but what's your intakes g/s running at? And this is 91 oct correct? Very impressive, keep us posted.

These two things stick out to me :confused:

None the less it is great you are happy with the results!

The duty cycle seems about right. He is flowing a lot of air at 18psi, due to the size of the turbo. My 800cc injectors are at 68% DC at 19.5psi with a Green putting down 359whp (an my air is a lot denser). His 78% seems about right then...

If you assume that at such thin air, he is making about 460chp, and assuming a BSFC of 0.55, an IDC of 78% would indicate that he is running 4 injectors that flow at a rate of ~825cc/min.

I don't see anything wrong with that:confused:

Here are the dyno charts.

10 psi - 316 awhp

http://jsalmi.com/car/dyno/060308/10psi-1.jpg

10 psi - 316 awhp / 317 torque

http://jsalmi.com/car/dyno/060308/10psi-2.jpg

18 psi - 362 awhp

http://jsalmi.com/car/dyno/060308/18psi-1.jpg

18 psi - 362 awhp / 359 torque

http://jsalmi.com/car/dyno/060308/18psi-2.jpg

A couple more data points.

The car was gobbling about 364g/sec, and timing is running about 15 degrees at peak torque and 18 degrees at redline. Based on approximate flywheel numbers I'd say about .53-.55 BSFC.

My car has a gt3076r with .82 a/r hot side, blow through OEM maf, modded stock 816cc injectors, FMIC, 91 octane, hallman MBC.

At 10psi the car made 319 awhp, ...

Allow me to elaborate on my previous "outrageously optimistic dyno" comment.

The ambient pressure in Colorado Springs is about 3 PSI less than at sea level (e.g. LA). Thus, 10 PSI boost in Colorado Springs injects as much air as 7 PSI boost would in LA and 7 PSI is approximately equal to the stock turbo's wastegate spring pressure. I'm quite confident that the stock turbo on a stock tune holds at least 7 PSI to redline. So a stock LGT in LA should be pushing at least as much air through its engine as the modified LGT running 10 PSI boost in Colorado Springs. So how does the one in Colorado Springs produce so much more power?

;1912033']Allow me to elaborate on my previous "outrageously optimistic dyno" comment.

The ambient pressure in Colorado Springs is about 3 PSI less than at sea level (e.g. LA). Thus, 10 PSI boost in Colorado Springs injects as much air as 7 PSI boost would in LA and 7 PSI is approximately equal to the stock turbo's wastegate spring pressure. I'm quite confident that the stock turbo on a stock tune holds at least 7 PSI to redline. So a stock LGT in LA should be pushing at least as much air through its engine as the modified LGT running 10 PSI boost in Colorado Springs. So how does the one in Colorado Springs produce so much more power?

you go Bill Nye...

Dyno #'s and correction factors aside....

What afr is the 91 tune dialed in for? This along with knowing the inj. size tells plenty about the potential power being made.

I personally do not agree with any of the CF's posted, elevation on a FI car is not the same as NA cars. Period. The 18psi quoted is really more like 21-22psi at seal level, as has been already said. So the car is making good power, but 400+whp on 91 from a gt30r is a stretch.

I also don't agree with the clutch needed statement either. I have been running 365-380ft/lb of trq to the wheels for well over 40k miles on the oem unit, and it is still holding like a champ;)

I have said it before, that the bigger turbo's make power later in the band, but also the trq rather than being a huge initial spike, is more gradual and steady state til redline. Thus making it much easier on the clutch, and drivetrain in general. I have refrained from launching the car hard, so driver technique also plays a factor as well....

Archived