LegacyGT.com

Got the car tuned today

johnAWD

Something about protecting the aluminum block vs a cast iron block. I pinged a local scooby pilot who's in sales at a scooby dealership. One of the better know mechanics in the area, who now works at said dealership, strongly suggested it.

Liquid gold PLUS one little Blue Bottle of conditioner. Subaru knows a few things, especially after their experience with leaking head gaskets in the past on the 2.5.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Picked up a couple gallons of $20/gallon subaru coolant this morning from GO. I've got another very small coolant leak to fix, which will require me to drain it again. It's been strongly suggested that I use this liquid gold vs prestone.

We were at Parker Days last weekend. Was fun flexing a bit. :)

Be glad it wasn't VW/Audi coolant. They are even more proud of thier liquid gold.

• 2 weeks later...

...seeya...whazzup...got any links to the special blue bottle??? or just goto my local dealership? What about this liquid gold plus elixir everyone is talking about? Where can one get some?

Ken

...seeya...whazzup...got any links to the special blue bottle??? or just goto my local dealership? What about this liquid gold plus elixir everyone is talking about? Where can one get some?

Ken

I just go to my local dealership and buy the Subaru Coolant and the Subaru Conditioner (the little blue bottle :)). Why use anything else.

Archived