LegacyGT.com

Interresting How Other Forums View the LGT

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm amazed at the "prestige" argument for what is a barely changed JDM Nissan Skyline. The Skyline and Legacy GT have been compared at least twice in Japanese publications, and the Skyline got its ass handed to it, both on the track and in subjective evaluations. The Legacy GT won the VERY prestigious Japan Car of the Year Award. Of course the USDM G35 and the USDM Legacy GT are both softer, fatter versions of their JDM cousins, but trying to elevate the G35's interior to luxury status is laughable. It still quite clearly shows its family car roots, as does the GT. So what. You want to be a dash stroker, go buy an Audi.

I understand that everyone has different priorities when buying a car, and that's fine, but this ridiculous badge snobbery is beyond me. Get over yourselves badge whores. If you like the car, that's fine, but a badge doesn't make you or your car more special.

The USDM G35 is identical to the JDM skyline. It's not softer nor fatter. I guess you're saying the USDM Legacy is? I don't know.

Does Japan even have a "luxury" segment? AFAIK, Japan just has cars, and there's no brand distinction between "luxury" and "non-luxury". Price determines "luxury", and the Skyline is more expensive than the Legacy.

The only problem I had with that "350Z got smoked" ad, is that when you put a family of 5 and a dog in the Forester, it adds what, ~500 lbs to the curb weight? And that's being generous I think. Ain't gonna pull off no 5.3 0-60 with a fully loaded Forester that's pushing 4,000 lbs.
FXT = 3225lbs curb weight

Actually, no, the RX-8 outhandles the G35.

Everything I've read shows the G35 handling to be better than the Legacy. Show me otherwise.

Well atleast we know your not that blinded by the "prestige"

And their is your problem, "everything you read". Ever hear of biased opinions???? Pick up a C&D lately??? You'll know what I mean. Same applies here, you need to go out and test drive both and make up your own mind.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

That's because there's nothing to debate. Do I have to debate with you on why 10 apples are more than 4 apples? No. It's more apples, period.

Yes, there is. We're not talking about apples. We're talking about something subjective. Sheesh.

You really need to stop using such piss-poor fallacious arguments.

John

Well atleast we know your not that blinded by the "prestige"

And their is your problem, "everything you read". Ever hear of biased opinions???? Pick up a C&D lately??? You'll know what I mean. Same applies here, you need to go out and test drive both and make up your own mind.

:lol:

Just a point (that I see kage has pointed out): why didn't the Nissan Skyline beat the Legacy and go on to win Japan's Car of the Year award? :redface: You know why...;)

Everybody cares about brand to some degree. If Saturn came out with a car that's comparable to the Legacy, would you buy it?

Depends on the history of the manufacturer really. Not whether or not people think i'm rich! Honestly, I don't look at someone driving an Infiniti and think wow....he must be a Lawyer. It's a refined Nissan 350Z with the option of 4 doors.

Yes, there is. We're not talking about apples. We're talking about something subjective. Sheesh.

You really need to stop using such piss-poor fallacious arguments.

John

Infiniti's warranty (4yr/60K b2b, 7yr/70K pt) is better than Subaru's (3yr/36 b2b, 5/60K pt). Is it really that subjective?

The G35 is more luxurious than the Legacy. It has many luxury features that the Legacy does not. How about that? Is that subjective too?

Lastly, I said the G35's handling is superior, but based on articles I've read. Again, not subjective at all. It's perhaps wrong (someone point me to articles that show the Legacy's handling to be better than the G35), but not subjective.

Infiniti's warranty (4yr/60K b2b, 7yr/70K pt) is better than Subaru's (3yr/36 b2b, 5/60K pt). Is it really that subjective?

The G35 is more luxurious than the Legacy. It has many luxury features that the Legacy does not. How about that? Is that subjective too?

Lastly, I said the G35's handling is superior, but based on articles I've read. Again, not subjective at all. It's perhaps wrong (someone point me to articles that show the Legacy's handling to be better than the G35), but not subjective.

When did the GT get put in the Luxury class??? Also, do you not think GT owners knew they were getting a car with out NAV (oh so important...

:rolleyes:) and a telescopic steering wheel (cause I want that sucker as close to me so that should the airbag go off I get knocked the fuck out!). You think we all bought our cars, got them home and then scratched our heads wondering wear the hell the map screen is??? No, we knew those features were not important. For those that complain about no NAV or other amentities found in other cars, well then you bought the wrong set a wheels didn't you. If they are important to you, then the choice is simple. We'll be passing ya in the snow and waving. :D

Hmm, ok. The warranty argument is true. For comparison, Hyundai's (and Kia's) come with a 5yr/60K b2b warranty, and a 10year/100k powertrain warranty. Guess that makes it a better car than the g35, eh?

The subjective point you were arguing was the way the car looks, and the way it handles. Skidpad numbers do not a nice handling car make. The way a car handles is very subjective.

And Luxury? Again, that argument is subjective. What is Luxury? A 1978 Cadillac Deville is a luxury car. The LGT is more luxurious than a 1978 DeVille. Ergo, the LGT is a luxury car. Your logic, not mine.

Really, you can only argue facts.

John

I've driven the 04 G35 sedan 6MT. I've sat in, but not driven the Legacy (auto show). I've had my eye on the G35 since 2003, and I'm buying a new car within the next few months. I'm keeping my options open, which INCLUDES the Legacy, but on paper, it just doesn't offer enough. I hate FWD, which is why I like Subaru's AWD system because it's not FWD biased. AWD in itself is overrated IMO, but could come in handy in the New England winters. But RWD with snows will definately suffice.

Unless the bickering keeps you from coming back, I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts after driving the car.

Just a piece of advice too: some of the things you posted come off as being an extremely biased fan-boy. Now, if you are truly a die-hard Nissan fan, then maybe that's what you intended. If not, you may want to cool it a bit, and people would stop getting so defensive.

An Infiniti owner gets free loaners, free pickup and drop off for service. Can you say the same?

The majority of Subaru dealerships in my area offer loaner cars. The last two that I bought from both offered this service. And if you have a loaner car why would you need to be picked up or dropped off?

And making comments on handling and turbo lag without driving the car is just silly.

Archived