LegacyGT.com

Interresting How Other Forums View the LGT

Haha, I need to show that to my wife. I recently ran a 350z in my OB XT with the wifey and kid in the car.

Best part: 4 yr. old in the car seat laughing and pointing at the 350z owner. My kid rules!!!

(for the record, before anyone complains about me racing with the kid: it was a quick jump to 60 in a 55 mph zone)

So did you take him??

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kinda like this

http://www.xmission.com/~ddsoren/urabus.jpg

Funny you bring that up! About a week after I bought my Outback one of the guys I work with bought a 350Z, then a week after that a Subaru chick I work with bought a Forester XT. Mr. Z-Man starts bragging all to hell and then show him that exact ad. Well that weekene those two raced... take a wild flippin' guess who won :D

Man, reading the G35 forums.... These people are in denial! Even trying to say the infiniti is in the really high class cars prestige level like BMW and MB.... In my opinion if were going on prestige the infinitis are in the same level as lexus and acura which are NOT on the level with MB and BMW - those 2 have just created a pedistal and you pay for it. But its funny to see them trying to say how the G35 is such an amazing car and whenever performance of any sort is brought up they go right back to what a prestigious car their G35s are. I dunno... Just made me laugh... Im an enthusiast of ALL cars - being brand snobs gets old :)

Jeff

The R32 is also a bit portly... for a Golf.

Unfortunately all Golfs have been a bit portly since the MKI. I was considering getting an MKI GTi until my WRX got crunched. Now that I have car payments again that probably won't happen for a while though :( The newest version (not in the US yet) of the Golf seems like it will be pretty sweet though. The R32 is a pretty cool car and I can see why people like them. But the bang for the buck just isn't there in my eyes and if I got a little hatch I'd want it to be light and quick. And you're right about the sound. They did a great job on the exhaust system.

The German 'prestige' marques have planned obsolescenced themselves into irrelevence. Every week there's a new faster Mercedes or BMW, yet they're still ugly. They bore me to tears and I'd rather read about the Perodua Kenari than the overrated characterless German flavor of the week. I literally have to force myself to take notice of them. Lexus and Infiniti are infinitely more interesting without having to fall back on heritage. The fact that Subaru doesn't have to fall back on marque snobbism, too, just shows their substance.

Steve

R32 really is a fantastic car if you are looking for a daily driver not just a track car. The brakes are amazing, the engine can take a TON of power and abuse, with the upgrade for the haldex system its pretty neutral - ableit still FWD biased... Has amazing seats and some nice gadgets. My only problem with it is that its still a golf.... Which has plenty of rice people out there that make the car less desirable to me. Love the R32 tho... :)

Jeff

The problems with the R32 (drove one - put a BIG smile on my face!) FOR us was:

1) only a 2-door - wife wouldn't have agreed to that for our primary car

2) with the sport seats, even LESS backseat legroom (I've had 3 2-door VWs, and with each one, the backseat legroom was an issue - AND getting INTO the back: A1 Jetta GLI, A2 GTi 16v, Corrado SLC). I REALLY wanted a 4-door. Then again, I would have preferred each of those cars in 4-door.

3) Doesn't come in auto - we needed a new car, and the wife doesn't like/want a stick because of Bay Area traffic, and she's not that comfortable with manual.

4) It's a limited run VW - pretty much each car I've owned has been one of those - each one rarer than the last - and the parts are ALWAYS more expensive, no one knows anything about the cars, and most dealers here were charging a markup on the R32 to start with. My wife had 2 VWs, I've had 3. We were tired of the frequent repairs.

HadVw

The only problem I had with that "350Z got smoked" ad, is that when you put a family of 5 and a dog in the Forester, it adds what, ~500 lbs to the curb weight? And that's being generous I think. Ain't gonna pull off no 5.3 0-60 with a fully loaded Forester that's pushing 4,000 lbs.

The 'stang board I was a member on a a while, I posted my Legacy and I got a bunch of complements and someone even said they liked my car a lot better and was going to a dealer to check one out.

As for the R32, I really regret not going to check one of these out after I test drove the Audi TT 3.2, fell in love with it and learned that $43K was a bit out of my price range. I heard they are fun and the exhaust sound just as awesome as the TT 3.2.

EDIT: While I think the R32 is pretty cool, I find my Legacy's extreior and interior far more attractive.

- Mike

I opted for an '04 FXT over a LGT. I wanted the sedan, but a critical flaw for me was the lack of a fold down rear seat because I transport equipment for work that would not fit in the trunk. It was a Saturday and I needed a car by Monday. If they had a 5MT wagon ready to go, I would bought one, but they did have a leftover 04 FXT 5MT for $19,900!!! The FXT is a lot less refined, but a blast to drive. I don't beat on my car, but 0-60 in 5.3 seconds would really be beating the $hit of out it.

I still lurk this board. This board rocks. This is by far the best car forum. Suprisingly, many of the issues that come up for the LGT are the same for the FXT. My wife is due to replace her Taurus wagon within a year. We will be looking at the 06 LGT.

Hahahaha:

http://www.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=84988

the g35 come in at 6.20. I have timed it by stop watch 3 times & unless I'm starting off wrong My times are in the 7.5 range. Am I dong something wrong? The tires don't chirp due to awd & turning off VDC doesn't change that. Whats worse is the list of cars that are faster.

2004 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Turbo???? 0-60 is 5.25's??? Ecchh! So some ole lady in a station wagon is going to smoke me?

OY!

Infinity and Acura boards all dislike the LGT. Maybe because we aren't a "premium" brand.

Oh, the SRT-4 and Honda boards hate us too. They are teh fastAr afterall!

i know at least one honda board that digs the LGT. i actually sold someone on buying one, and getting me a referral bonus :p

You can't compare the LegGT with the G35. They're not even in the same class. Obviously the G35 is better, and is priced accordingly. Beyond that, the G35 is considered a "bargain" because it can stand up to cars in the $40,000 range and above (e.g. BMW 330).

Ha yes cars that cost more are always better. How could be be so dumb I hope you all have learned a lesson from this, and more importantly learned that my 330 owns all ha

Song of Post- Mystic Vibrations- Irie Feeling

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

The only problem I had with that "350Z got smoked" ad, is that when you put a family of 5 and a dog in the Forester, it adds what, ~500 lbs to the curb weight? And that's being generous I think. Ain't gonna pull off no 5.3 0-60 with a fully loaded Forester that's pushing 4,000 lbs.

Thats true, I also think that the Forester that was tested by C&D or whoever it was that pulled 5.3 was a bit fishy..i dont think they are pulling that now...

Just like how the first WRX tested over here was pulling 5.3 sec 0-60s and now you cant get one to pull better than a 6 to 60..I believe its the same with the Forester, except for that one low orig. time all others have been closer to 6 secs to 60....It seems like SOA like sending out crazy beefed up mules for the first test to generate good numbers

Archived