LegacyGT.com

Interresting How Other Forums View the LGT

Prestige...LOL how "prestigious" is it when *everybody* has one?? I see many many G35s everyday, great cars but they are as common as civics (kind of like the richmans civic ;)). I bet everyone around that owns a G35 has at least one or two on the street they live on, I havent seen *any* LGTs since I got mine... :D

Around here, I see TONS of new BMW 5 series and 7 series. I guess they're not prestious either. :rolleyes:

Guess what? The G has been out since late 2002. Gee, you'd think there'd be more of them on the road! Duh! Even still, you ever stop & think the reason WHY "everybody has one"??? Because it's the best sport sedan that $35000 can buy.

I haven't seen many Legacy's around here either. I could probably count the number of times I've seen one with one hand. Although, since its styling is so generic and bland (you could easily mistake the rear-end for a camry), I may have actually seen more. You'd think they would've sold a bunch by now since it's been AWD season for a while.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll give several reasons why:

3.) better looking

6.) Navigation

7.) power tilt & telescoping wheel

10.) more interior room

12.) memory seats

first off, the legacy looks way better than the G35. Nav, I don't need nav, I know where I'm going. Power tilt and telescoping wheel , big fricking deal, my supra has that and it's an 88. More interior room and memory seats, I'm a selfish bastard. I'm the only driver of my car, and if by any chance someone else drives it , it's not hard for me to adjust it back to my position manually. Yeah I'm being biased, cuz I love my car.:cool:
That's a damn good sugar cookie.

aaahahah!! tis the asshat himself.

are you really the same fuktard making all those comments without even test driving one? Congratulations! WinnAR!

if it is, then any credibility i would have given you as a fellow car enthusiast was lost after your first or second post on that other thread. how can anyone talk that much shit about a car they have never seen or test driven. what a lame ass.

now even if it isn't bs-fucktard-goren, go away troll. i don't post on your site, don't bother quoting me on ours.

also, if it isn't , .. how do you feel about bsgoren speaking on behalf of all g35 owners? .. that guy makes them look rediculous.

silly g35 owners .. always having to work so hard to justify the money they spent. if it really was all that hands down, i doubt they would feel a need to try to come here and convince us of it.

what a loser.

i read that thread at the infinitely boring forum.

Those guys are such tools.

Bunch of pretentious farts with tunnel-vision-mentality.

Cant see beyond the bling. In japan its still a nissan, but they prolly dont even know that.

If they want upscale, may i recommend a Nissan President LOL

In fact I am happy that morons like those dont own LGT's (or even know about it), for a few reasons:

1. We dont need ass holes here

2. Keeps us subie owners (future owners) an exclusive group

3. They will never know what left them at the red-light

4. Takes the subies under-dog status up another notch.

I have driven the G35 and it was poor finished interior and very unexciting for me. I did like the anolog clock in the center.

I hate the analog clock that is probably the thing the keeps me away from Infiniti, I want to know what time it is right away not some silly analog clock that puzzles me for a second while I'm not looking at the road. Also dirtybear get over yourself, and if you really want a "prestigous" car that it seems are are longing for, actually buy one. Don't sell yourself short on the G35, Infiniti is not a prestigous brand and if it ever become one its going to take a long time.

Song of Post- Bob Marley- Buffalo Soldier

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

1.) more power

2.) better handling

3.) better looking

4.) more luxurious

5.) HIDs

6.) Navigation

7.) power tilt & telescoping wheel

8.) no turbo lag

9.) 0-60 times aren't inflated by AWD launches (how fast is the LegGT from 5 to 100 mph?)

10.) more interior room

11.) better warranty

12.) memory seats

13.) better stock audio

14.) better dealer service

15.) better reliability

Did I leave anything out? :)

Like I said previously. Two different classes. You can't compare the two. If you do, you end up with a long list of why the higher class car is better than the lower class one (like above). Duh! But a lot of you insist on comparing the two, simply based on the "ooh, I can smoke it from a stop light" factor. Btw, a G35 will absolutely own the LegGT on the highway, or in hot summer temperatures for that matter. :)

1. More power, yet you still get smoked....good one!

2. Thats just funny I won't even justify it with a answer.

3. See number 2.

4. About all you got goin for ya.

5. Wow....thats great

6. Fantasitic.....now find your ass a way out of here.

7. Wonderful if your a midget.

8. Pretty pathetic considering we have lag and you still get owned!!

9. All part of the package....then I guess the STI or EVO isn't that fast either huh??? And I suppose that additional 1000lbs your luggin around has nothing to do with it in that sedan???

10. No arguement there.....Nice if your 400lbs. :)

11. We mod our cars.....who gives a crap about a warranty. Which can be debated how great yours is.

12. You'd need'em if your ass really uses that NAV.

13. Realistically, how good is any OEM audio???

14. Very dependant on the dealer you go to and can't be generalized across the board.

15. Highly debateable!!!!

Btw....my old college roommate got owned on the highway!!! :D

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

why do g35 owners go around with a chip on their backs trying to prove to the public that they have a good car? Is it to make-up for the ugliness of it? Coupe not withstanding of course. What happened there btw?

They are trying to separate themselves from the Nissan roots and pushing to get into a class of cars that they are clearly don't belong in. They are stuck right smack dab in the middle.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

im down here in orlando visiting a friend and him and his gf took me with them to test drive the new mustang gt. right now shes driving an oz lancer and he drives an s2000. after driving the mustang gt, they went over some numbers with the dealer (who tried to screw them over) and then we went to look at rx8's. the mazda dealer was also the subaru dealer...and she liked the wrx. while we were there, i asked them to test the lgt (because i had never been in one yet) and they were like "oh great, a legacy, whatever". then when we walked over there, they both stared at the car and then his gf wanted to drive it, not just because i told her to anymore. after the first test drive, she starts yelling about the car blowing her away and blind siding her. hes pissed off because she just changed her mind from her dream car of the mustang gt after one drive and he doesnt even like anything subaru has other than the sti....then he test drives the car after looking at the numbers with the salesman (great dealership...dont have the business card on me but i think its located somewhere near orange blossom drive in orlando). he gets out of the car back at the dealer and says "wow, i was blind sided by this thing, the pick up is awesome". that was on saturday and now it is tues and they are still talking about buying the lgt after test driving the c230 at south orlando mercedes (who really disrespected us since we were young and not 7ft tall rich bball players).

same happend here, dont like mustangs but who can argue with the power, test drove one, dealer wanted some *obscene* price, wasnt even lookin at the LGT but the WRX, say the LGT and drove it and was "blind sided" as well...

9. All part of the package....then I guess the STI or EVO isn't that fast either huh??? And I suppose that additional 1000lbs your luggin around has nothing to do with it in that sedan???

LOL...your roomate drives what?

Say anything else, but that thing is FRICKIN HIDEOUS. (no, I don't care if you're offended). That ridiculous tilt steering wheel makes it even worse.

Ok, surely looks are subjective. But you take 100 random people and show them both cars. I guarantee at least 60% would choose the G35 on looks alone.

aaahahah!! tis the asshat himself.

are you really the same fuktard making all those comments without even test driving one? Congratulations! WinnAR!

if it is, then any credibility i would have given you as a fellow car enthusiast was lost after your first or second post on that other thread. how can anyone talk that much shit about a car they have never seen or test driven. what a lame ass.

now even if it isn't bs-fucktard-goren, go away troll. i don't post on your site, don't bother quoting me on ours.

also, if it isn't , .. how do you feel about bsgoren speaking on behalf of all g35 owners? .. that guy makes them look rediculous.

silly g35 owners .. always having to work so hard to justify the money they spent. if it really was all that hands down, i doubt they would feel a need to try to come here and convince us of it.

what a loser.

Go away? You gonna make me dip$hit? Last time I checked, you weren't an admin.

I'm not an owner of either car yet. I'm actually interested in if and when Subaru will release a Leg STI, and add nav, HID, and possibly other goodies.

That guy's not speaking on behalf of all owners. He's simply stating his opinion, and for the most part, he's right. Infiniti and Subaru shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath.

No G35 owner has to justify spending their money on the sports car deal of the century, with class-leading performance, and an award winning engine.

I just lurk here. I've been a member for several months now but never found a reason to post, until I read all these ignorant comments about the G35.

I'm not an owner of either car yet. I'm actually interested in if and when Subaru will release a Leg STI, and add nav, HID, and possibly other goodies.

Okay, I can respect that you may not be an owner, but still just a fan. The question remains: Have you actually driven both of these cars?

1. More power, yet you still get smoked....good one!

I don't think so. With a good AWD launch, it'll be a drivers race. From a roll, bye-bye subie (especially in the summer).

2. Thats just funny I won't even justify it with a answer.

Because there is no argument. Handling in the G35 is superior. Period.

3. See number 2.

Yeah, it's subjective. But nobody will look at a LegGT and go "ooohh, nice car"

4. About all you got goin for ya.

It is. Period. Don't make excuses.

5. Wow....thats great

Isn't it?

6. Fantasitic.....now find your ass a way out of here.

Make me, dip$hit

7. Wonderful if your a midget.

It's "YOU'RE" dumba$$. Try 6th grade again.

See #1. Besides, the lag is bothersome to the driving experience, regardless of acceleration times.

No, the STI and EVO are faster. Funny, last time I checked, 3512 minus 3365 = 147, not 1000. Again, try 6th grade again.

10. No arguement there.....Nice if your 400lbs. :)

Both cars are almost similar in dimension, but the G35 has more interior room. I don't know about you but to me (and most normal sane people), more room is better, and wow, I'm not even close to 400 lbs.

11. We mod our cars.....who gives a crap about a warranty. Which can be debated how great yours is.

YOU mod your car. Not all LegGT owners do. Same for G35 owners. Plus, just because you mod your car doesn't mean your warranty is automatically voided. No, the warranty can't be debated. Infiniti's warranty is better. Period.

12. You'd need'em if your ass really uses that NAV.

Whatever makes you feel better about buying an incomplete car.

13. Realistically, how good is any OEM audio???

Some are better than others.

14. Very dependant on the dealer you go to and can't be generalized across the board.

An Infiniti owner gets free loaners, free pickup and drop off for service. Can you say the same?

15. Highly debateable!!!!

I'm sure it would vary case by case.

So? What's your point? Was he driving a 2005 6MT with 298 HP? Is your car modded? Is his? Exactly.

This reminds me of the "My Dad can beat your Dad up" arguement from gradeschool.

I think it's time to stop this portion of the thread.

Also, this thread is a good lesson in why people should take a debate class in College or HS. I know this is the internet, but the level of debate here (It is better. Period. Etc) is really pathetic.

John

Ill give one really good argument why *I* prefer the LGT over the G35X. I personally can not stand to own an automatic car. I also NEED AWD where I live. G35x simply doesnt offer what I want. If they made a 6mt AWD version - I might consider the car a bit more. Until then an auto car just does NOT interest me. If you want auto and AWD imsure its a great car - my friend had one as a loander and said the gearing is pretty nice... But its still auto.

No thanks,

Jeff

why do g35 owners go around with a chip on their backs trying to prove to the public that they have a good car? Is it to make-up for the ugliness of it? Coupe not withstanding of course. What happened there btw?

Funny, I was wondering the same thing about Legacy owners. :rolleyes:

Ugly? Have you SEEN the 2005 sedan??? It looks very close to the coupe now. From the front, you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

Okay, I can respect that you may not be an owner, but still just a fan. The question remains: Have you actually driven both of these cars?

I've driven the 04 G35 sedan 6MT. I've sat in, but not driven the Legacy (auto show). I've had my eye on the G35 since 2003, and I'm buying a new car within the next few months. I'm keeping my options open, which INCLUDES the Legacy, but on paper, it just doesn't offer enough. I hate FWD, which is why I like Subaru's AWD system because it's not FWD biased. AWD in itself is overrated IMO, but could come in handy in the New England winters. But RWD with snows will definately suffice.

I'm amazed at the "prestige" argument for what is a barely changed JDM Nissan Skyline. The Skyline and Legacy GT have been compared at least twice in Japanese publications, and the Skyline got its ass handed to it, both on the track and in subjective evaluations. The Legacy GT won the VERY prestigious Japan Car of the Year Award. Of course the USDM G35 and the USDM Legacy GT are both softer, fatter versions of their JDM cousins, but trying to elevate the G35's interior to luxury status is laughable. It still quite clearly shows its family car roots, as does the GT. So what. You want to be a dash stroker, go buy an Audi.

I understand that everyone has different priorities when buying a car, and that's fine, but this ridiculous badge snobbery is beyond me. Get over yourselves badge whores. If you like the car, that's fine, but a badge doesn't make you or your car more special.

Also, this thread is a good lesson in why people should take a debate class in College or HS. I know this is the internet, but the level of debate here (It is better. Period. Etc) is really pathetic.

John

That's because there's nothing to debate. Do I have to debate with you on why 10 apples are more than 4 apples? No. It's more apples, period.

Archived