LegacyGT.com

Interresting How Other Forums View the LGT

Another post made me think about what other enthusiasts on different car forums thought of the LGT. So I did some searches on a few german boards and interrestingly enough - they like it. Porsche people thought it makes a great daily driver, Audi people thought of it as an alternative to the A4 - and liked it a lot - basically anytime I searched for legacy gt on other forums I was hard pressed to find anything terribly negative about the car... Anyone else have any experience doing similar searches and such?

Jeff

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JessterCPA

Infinity and Acura boards all dislike the LGT. Maybe because we aren't a "premium" brand.

Oh, the SRT-4 and Honda boards hate us too. They are teh fastAr afterall!

I believe the G35 owners aren't happy with the LGT.
That's because the LGT is more handsome and far more exclusive!

I came up slowly on a guy in heavy traffic (5 mph crawl) yesterday driving a brand new black G35 sedan with the pretty bright wheels. It was so funny to watch his face in the driverside rearview mirror as i was creeping up on his left side. He was so focused on "what the heck is that?" as i approached. When i pulled up even he just continued to stare at my LGT from front to back as I slowly passed by. I made brief eye-contact but he did not give any feedback. Even so, the look on his face was priceless. It read, "that's a beautiful car and i've never seen one before....i shoulda got one of those!"

I believe the G35 owners aren't happy with the LGT.

The word going around from dealer types I talk to is that the G35 is probably the most traded in car for the LGT ;)

Throughout all my car forums I'm a part of, its really hard to find an honest person that says anything negative about the new Legacys. The Outback on the other hand... thats always going to get ripped on :lol: Jealous!!! They're all jealous!!! :D

The word going around from dealer types I talk to is that the G35 is probably the most traded in car for the LGT ;)

Throughout all my car forums I'm a part of, its really hard to find an honest person that says anything negative about the new Legacys. The Outback on the other hand... thats always going to get ripped on :lol: Jealous!!! They're all jealous!!! :D

The Outback is kind of a joke untill one takes you out hard then they hate them because getting beat by an alternative SUV family car. It's a great way to stomp out an ego quickly. :lol:

There was respect in the B5 S4 Audiworld boards for the LGT. In fact, that's where I got the idea to even look at this car!

Many posts that start out like : "My warranty is ending! Help, I need a new car!" :lol: I work with the guy I was going to buy the S4 from, and every once in a while I get just a hint of regret. But then I remember that I have a warranty, only one turbo to replace, and it doesn't take a week to do it. :)

I think the new S40 volvo is a great car - on paper. I personally like the floating center stack. My old roommate bought a new S40 T5 6mt and he loves it. Of course hes coming from a 2000 Jetta TDI LOL! I personally like the look of everything and the size is pretty perfect to me as well. BUT, I think the car is a but underpowered and overpriced AND I really just dont want to get back into anything FWD biased ever again - I just dont like FWD cars!

Jeff

I think the forums that really feel like the LGT has a chance to be seen as a better car then them get very angry, hence G35, Acura, Honda, Volvo and other silly forums being so against the car.

Song of Post- Led Zeppelin- Bring It On Home

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Guest JessterCPA
over on vwvortex, the general consensus seems to be positive toward the legacy gt :)

+1

That is unless you compare it to their beloved R32.

R32 really is a fantastic car if you are looking for a daily driver not just a track car. The brakes are amazing, the engine can take a TON of power and abuse, with the upgrade for the haldex system its pretty neutral - ableit still FWD biased... Has amazing seats and some nice gadgets. My only problem with it is that its still a golf.... Which has plenty of rice people out there that make the car less desirable to me. Love the R32 tho... :)

Jeff

The Outback is kind of a joke untill one takes you out hard then they hate them because getting beat by an alternative SUV family car. It's a great way to stomp out an ego quickly. :lol:

Kinda like this

http://www.xmission.com/~ddsoren/urabus.jpg

I also like the R32 and from my experience over there on "the tex" they have plenty of respect for Subarus. Generally they are a mature knowledgeable bunch that you can't really blame for worshipping the R, it's the first car that VW has given them with all the boxes ticked.

Kinda like this

Haha, I need to show that to my wife. I recently ran a 350z in my OB XT with the wifey and kid in the car.

Best part: 4 yr. old in the car seat laughing and pointing at the 350z owner. My kid rules!!!

(for the record, before anyone complains about me racing with the kid: it was a quick jump to 60 in a 55 mph zone)

The R32 is cool. I have a mental block about paying that much for a Golf, but people say the same thing about the Evo and STi. The R32 is also a bit portly... for a Golf. And nose-heavy.

But the seats in the R32 are awesome. They did a great job jazzing up the interior.

Also, that 6-banger must have equal length exhaust because the R32 sings a mighty sweet song.

I certainly wouldn't kick one out of the garage.

But I needed a wagon for my son (and yet to be identified little one due in August) and 75-lb dog.

So we know which kick-@ss wagon won. :)

Archived