LegacyGT.com

What Makes a Subaru a Subaru

People who buy Subaru's and then bitch about it, THATS what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

Correction: People who buy Subarus, bitch about them and go buy another one anyway:lol:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
think about it...its a JDM car design where the pedals are on the other side. They didnt redesign it when they brought it over.

this thread is full of fail :rolleyes:

Then the Australians, Brits and Japanese must like having no leg room for the driver.

More likely there is something routed under their required on USDM cars that the Overseas don't have or require.

...driving a Forester, it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

yup just ask my cousin.... we call it the "Chastity Wagon" because you look so uncool driving it no one will ever want to have sex with you.:lol:

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

As a total Subaru "moonie", I have driven over 1,000,000 miles in 5 Subaru's with only 1 unscheduled maintenance. (Wheel bearing, who knew?) Given that, what makes a Subaru a Subaru is exactly opposite what makes a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Chrysler, Mercury, etc. A Subaru will get you there and then back home. On dark, stormy, rainy, snowy nights, that counts for a lot. And if you have a heart, you'll stop and pick up the GM driver stranded by the side of the road, even if he does have a chainsaw and an On-Star rep screaming at you not to.

Driving Very Slow Behind A Bunch Of Front Wheel Drive People In A Snow Storm, And Then Seeing The Chance To Take A Road Where Noone Is Going (because They Cant) W/.5ft Of Snow On It And Taking It With Ease Makes My Awesome Ass Subaru An Awesome Ass Subaru G D It!!!!!

Driving Very Slow Behind A Bunch Of Front Wheel Drive People In A Snow Storm, And Then Seeing The Chance To Take A Road Where Noone Is Going (because They Cant) W/.5ft Of Snow On It And Taking It With Ease Makes My Awesome Ass Subaru An Awesome Ass Subaru G D It!!!!!

:lol: lol. trudat.

What Makes A Subaru a Subaru

Who cares get rid of those commercials, or at least replace them with the old commercials with a WRX carving it up at a Rally, or a SPEC B carving up the tarmac at a Hill Climb etc... and then add thats what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

^ I hate when the mexicans at the car wash turn it on (when they are wiping the steering column down I suppose) and I don't know its on until the next morning when my battery is dead. :lol:

i know! the bastards broke mine so the lights were on for 2 days before i noticed.

good thing i have a bluetop

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

^ I hate when the mexicans at the car wash turn it on (when they are wiping the steering column down I suppose) and I don't know its on until the next morning when my battery is dead. :lol:

Not cool, my friend. Not cool.

Not cool, my friend. Not cool.

I will put it in more politically correct terminology since I have apparently have offended you.

The individuals who worked at the carwash that I used to go to in Fairfax, VA, all of whom were of latino heritage turned on my parking lights while wiping down the top of my steering wheel column. The car being new to me, I didn't recognize that they the parking lights were on until the next morning when my battery was dead.

If you find that racist, thats your own fault, because it was the truth. (They just happen to all be latino, not my fault)

Anyways, this is completely off topic.

Back to what makes a subaru a subaru.

after stopping having to put the key back in the ignition, turn it, then pressing the sun-roof close button three times. My ten year old Taurus had auto-close on the sunroof, and accessory power for windows after turning the car off. Thats what makes a subaru a subaru.
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

I will put it in more politically correct terminology since I have apparently have offended you.

The individuals who worked at the carwash that I used to go to in Fairfax, VA, all of whom were of latino heritage turned on my parking lights while wiping down the top of my steering wheel column. The car being new to me, I didn't recognize that they the parking lights were on until the next morning when my battery was dead.

If you find that racist, thats your own fault, because it was the truth. (They just happen to all be latino, not my fault)

Anyways, this is completely off topic.

Back to what makes a subaru a subaru.

You haven't offended me personally, but I'm sure you offended others on this list. Your post wasn't racist because it didn't use politically-correct terminology. Maybe the workers were, in fact, from Mexico.

Your post was racist because you referred to "...the mexicans at the car wash..." implying that Mexicans are deficient in some way and that workers of some other race may not have turned on your parking lights. The point is, the only reason for race to be included in such a statement was to be inflamatory, insulting, or degrading.

If the car wash workers were white, would you say "the white workers at the car wash"? Or "the black workers at the car wash" if the workers were black?

And by the way, calling out racism is always on topic -- and I'm going to call it like I see it.

Your post was racist because you referred to "...the mexicans at the car wash..." implying that Mexicans are deficient in some way and that workers of some other race may not have turned on your parking lights.

I was not implying anything to be honest. Furthermore, those guys do a hell of a job wiping the cars down and vacuuming after going through the soft cloth wash.

They just happened to cut on my parking lights one day. :spin:

I can see your point of view and I do appreciate you pointing it out.

You haven't offended me personally, but I'm sure you offended others on this list. Your post wasn't racist because it didn't use politically-correct terminology. Maybe the workers were, in fact, from Mexico.

Your post was racist because you referred to "...the mexicans at the car wash..." implying that Mexicans are deficient in some way and that workers of some other race may not have turned on your parking lights. The point is, the only reason for race to be included in such a statement was to be inflamatory, insulting, or degrading.

If the car wash workers were white, would you say "the white workers at the car wash"? Or "the black workers at the car wash" if the workers were black?

And by the way, calling out racism is always on topic -- and I'm going to call it like I see it.

:icon_roll

Archived