LegacyGT.com

What Makes a Subaru a Subaru

The ability to take a 25 mph exit ramp at 55 mph in a stock $23k car and then thinking "i could've gone a little faster through that curve" is what makes a subaru a subaru.

:D

Absolutely! Every time I drive my wife's Camry, I remember why I like my car so much.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a total Subaru "moonie", I have driven over 1,000,000 miles in 5 Subaru's with only 1 unscheduled maintenance. (Wheel bearing, who knew?) Given that, what makes a Subaru a Subaru is exactly opposite what makes a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Chrysler, Mercury, etc. A Subaru will get you there and then back home. On dark, stormy, rainy, snowy nights, that counts for a lot. And if you have a heart, you'll stop and pick up the GM driver stranded by the side of the road, even if he does have a chainsaw and an On-Star rep screaming at you not to.

Geez!? wtf? Where are driving to the north pole and back? lol that's an insane amount of mileage.

My '84 and '85 wagons I bought for $700 and $1000...served me so well that 9 years later after I sold them, bought my first new Subaru wagon because I knew they are dependable and take a beating.

Bitch all you want but they are a real workhorse if you get the wagon and use it like a truck...get top notch mileage for mid-size vehicle, and at a decent price.

when a the cop behind you goes around you and pulls over the honda in front of you! happened to me tonight, while driving home!

thats what makes a subaru a subaru! (not sure about the WRX but thats how it is with the LGT)

when buy a Australian $40k Subaru, that doesn't have stereo controls on the steering wheel, but the base model Camry does.

but will go through a set of corners in the wet at speed that would have the camry in the ditch by the side of the road.

buying a luxury car that doesn't have stereo controls on the steering wheel, while even a base model camry does and

being able to go through a set of corners in the wet at speeds that would have the camry in a ditch .

- mfl

buying a luxury car that doesn't have stereo controls on the steering wheel, while even a base model camry does and

being able to go through a set of corners in the wet at speeds that would have the camry in a ditch .

- mfl

I'm glad to NOT have the steering wheel clogged with unnecessary features. The distance to the center console with the radio is short enough to not require any further functionality that can distract or die.

453747.png

i actually like the fact that it doesn't have all the extra gadgets, it makes this car a drivers car more than others with the same sticker! plus less distractions, you don't need!

Having a third brake light that is made redundant with the OEM spoiler third brake light instead of superceding it is what makes a Subaru a Subaru...

(pssst. the accords in the late '80s had LED brake lights in their spoilers, but you had to unplug the rear deck brake light to plug in the spoiler. Wow, what a concept. How did they do that?)

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

The switch on top of the steering column that turns on parking lights... only ever seen on a Suebaroo

Much to my surprise the 2009 Forester loaner Metric Subaru gave my wife to drive doesn't have this switch.:eek:

Is this the end of Subaru as we know it?!

Blown or leaking? Never had a problem there.....

Nor have I but from the research I did prior to purchasing my car, it is a notorious problem on the Phase II 97-99 EJ25's...

I had mine done pretty much as soon as I bought my BD along with timing belt and water pump

passenger/driver seat heater controls under the driver's right asscheek; thats what makes a Subaru a Subaru

Ugh...that is so distracting to control while the car is moving...they put SI drive in the 2007+ MY and just conveniently stuck the seat heater switch in a near-random location.

i consider it exercise to reach the 8-12 inches over to adjust the volume...thats more movement in the car than most people with real controls go through.

With all of the built in exercise options from Subaru, I get a double workout with my manual tranny:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Stereo controls on the steering wheel are ugly and trap a whole lotta dirt. Plus, not having them means less electrical demons down the road......

I use my controls constantly and i havent had dirt buildup

Archived