LegacyGT.com

JDM Goodness: Subaru Legacy STI S402

^^ Yeah - it's not exactly apples to apples.

To Japan8's comment - In my experience, Japanese culture is very homogenous, and one of the few ways to "distinguish" oneself, is through clothes, cars and things. The S402 would do it for me.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Correct, unfortunately *not* suitable for the US market as the vehicle doesn't have Federal markings etc. etc.

But these do go to Europe ( including Russia ) the UK, New Zealand, Jamaica, Tanzania , Kenya....

We ship all over the World, and to answer the "Are we Dealers" q., we are car Dealers but not *franchised* dealers

Oh, and there's a Spec C Impreza coming out in about 3 months here....

GW

Export Manager

Japanparts.com

Japanvehicles.com

* Since 1996 *

What kind of turbo comes with the S402? Is it an IHI or MHI turbo?

+1 to wold make the decision to trade in for one of these in a pico-second. WOW, that is a sexy car.

So at my count in this thread alone, that makes 10 people that would buy one now. And we are just a small segment of the people that would be intrested in it.

I think that it would be just as successfull as the spec B if they brought it out the same way.

My uncle has owned a lot of BMW's and he will NEVER owne on past the warranty. He has had a few that he owned after the warranty went out and they blead him dry. At least with a subie, that isn't as likely to happen. Reparing a Subie is normally inexpensive.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I know that I'm late to the thread. :oops:

But since it's still ongoing, and since I assume that *someone* from Subaru Corporate is monitoring these Forums. ;)

Yes, bring this here, and I'll get one in a heartbeat.

If you can give me true-STI-level performance (all-around, as-seen with this S402 variant, and not just the suspension upgrades of the SpecB or a "power package" or something else stupid like that) in a factory-stock vehicle, and allow me the luxury of keeping my warranty, I'd gladly pay the premium to do so.

And yes, I'd gladly and proudly hang on to her *after* my warranty runs out, too.

I'm in the pay-to-play game. Winky is upgraded, and it's because I wanted just that little bit more out of her ( at "Stage II," and a little beyond, on the dyno, she's a match of - and is not insignificantly more than, the previous-generation Impreza-based STI/STi :) ).

Bring that to me in a factory offering, and I'll gladly pull out my checkbook, right here, right now.

The previous "Tuned by STi" offering seen in some of the overseas markets was a step in the right direction, and I would gladly have owned one of those. The S402 even more so.

Bring something like it here, Subaru.

You've got enough of a Stateside/North-American fan-base to insure that it'll not only sell, but sell like hotcakes.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

We wish! No, the S402 is for Japanese consumption only. Maybe someday they'll bring something like it here, but not this year.

... though the Legacy GT Spec.B tuned by STI is available outside of Japan, in Australia & NZ, and possibly a few other places, but not in the US.

^ I totally agree.

The Spec.B, I think, well demonstrates how receptive the Stateside/North-American marketplace is to these higher-performance variants.

With but the smallest of aesthetic enhancements, the Spec.B should well show the powers-that-be at SoA that there are more than a handful (and really, isn't that all that's needed?) enthusiasts who were appreciative enough of the tranny and suspension/handling modifications that they paid a good premium for such vehicles.

With increased power and braking, as well as further aesthetic tweaks to offest something like the S402, I'd well imagine that a similar group of enthusiasts would exist to quickly take ownership of these special vehicles - be it long-time Legacy devotees, "step-ups" from the Impreza WRX/STI line ("steping-up" meaning getting older/family - with the need for more room and/or preference for more luxury/softer overall feel), or even cross-overs from Euro tuner vehicles or domestic "New Muscle."

I really hope that SoA picks up the ball on this one.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

And here again in the US of A, we are on the receiving end of "The Big Shaft". Thanks SoA!! We deserve some love too ya know. Sheesh.

It's not that bad. We get GT while Europe doesn't. It's true our cars have ugly bumpers and are decontented, but then the prices are much lower here.

I'd be happy if they just kept making the wagon. Even regular GT, if not SpecB. I am not that demanding! :lol:

(although LGT STI wagon would rock)

LOL guys the reason you dont get S402 or even tuned by sti version are issues such as the front bumper to suit US crash standards. There is no way in the world Suby are going to put that horrible looking bumper and beautiful S402 and sell it in the USA. :eek:

LOL guys the reason you dont get S402 or even tuned by sti version are issues such as the front bumper to suit US crash standards. There is no way in the world Suby are going to put that horrible looking bumper and beautiful S402 and sell it in the USA. :eek:

No, front JDM bumper should be perfectly legal it the U.S. Up to this year it was Canada that required 8 km/h bumpers and hence the ugliness of USDM Legacy (both before and after facelift).

That would be $52,500 USD for the wagon and $5,1200 USD for the sedan... Good luck selling those against the BMW M3, Audi S4, Lexus IS-F, etc, and you wonder why SOA won't bring it over. :lol:

In Japan, the BMW and S4 are about twice that. ISF is about 8 mil (like the GTR). This leggy is priced in about Lexus GS range.

Archived