LegacyGT.com

JDM Goodness: Subaru Legacy STI S402

You know, I was really drooling over the "Tuned by STi" that you folks get down undah. But now I've changed my mind - it sucks!

Because you don't have heated seats!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

*wonders why he thinks australians NEED heated seats* :lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We dont have cold weather in Perth to be honest, never gets below freezing mark even in winter, no sleet, snow, or even frost.

What's not to like about Perth. Been there, enjoyed the time. Similar, but different from San Diego.;)

But Perth gets and an STI Legacy...while we get the stock Legacy and a dudded up Spec B.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

NURBURGRING!!

To really weigh out the Legacy STI S402, we need to know how it performs at Nurburgring. True performance car enthusiasts all know that Nurburgring is where a vehicle shows its colors! Tatsumi is there fine tuning the Legacy, because he is a true car enthusiast and more! Show me the track times! :)

nope blue

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Aussiedave_2006/MY07%20Liberty%20GTB%20STI/MY07LibertyGTSpecBSTI045.jpg

first off, this better be aftermarket...

second, does anyone know the lap times for the car?

i'm guessing low 8s?

the blue cup-holders are a bit gimmicky.

IF they are going to be blue, they should be induction cooled, and heated (LED rings turn RED.)

And while you're at it,... heated and COOLED seats. Just reverse the polarity, or whatever it does on a properly rated seat heating element... cooled seats. that would be nice trick on a car with remote start that sits out in the sun, or out in the cold in the winter...

You would think SOA would want to capitalize on the immense and (sort of) surprising popularity of the wrx in the late 90's early 00's. Buyers were probably mostly in their mid - late 20's which makes them mid-late 30's now. How many wrx drivers got married, had kids, got multiple raises/promotions, and are now driving 335's, IS 350's and G37's? I know the subie is generally slotted a price point below these but a few extra grand on a spec b (brakes,interior,nicer body kit) would go a long way. The main problem is advertising. People today give me an odd look when I tell them I spent over$30k on a subaru; only after proving that its not a station wagon. I always take them for a test drive and can see the surprise on their face. SOA must make more profit on wrx/foresters/ob's then they do on lgt's. But making the legacy flagship more visible and comparable with the germans would do the whole line well sales wise. How many people buy a bmw and dont know the difference between a 328 and a 335? They probably think all 3's perform the same, just different options. The s402 is a dream and probably too expensive but a sti tuned legacy should be done. If they could boost legacy sales by 10-20% maybe the s402 becomes possible.

btw----No snow/cold winter in perth; why did u buy a subie in the first place? (kidding of course)

the blue cup-holders are a bit gimmicky.

IF they are going to be blue, they should be induction cooled, and heated (LED rings turn RED.)

And while you're at it,... heated and COOLED seats. Just reverse the polarity, or whatever it does on a properly rated seat heating element... cooled seats. that would be nice trick on a car with remote start that sits out in the sun, or out in the cold in the winter...

I am a sucker for gimmicks. Drink holders that are ringed by induction heat or cooling, now there's a gimmick!

japanparts will sort you out no problem, cant say I would have paid for that mod but hell the car came that way so who am I to complain. Sorry if I spoiled your day. ;)

In fact, we sell Brand new Legacys ( including the S402 )

The S402 is a limited production Unit ( only 300 made ) and last time I checked I think these had all sold out

6-pot STi brakes have been on our site a while....

GW

JapanpartsLLC

* Since 1996 *

In fact, we sell Brand new Legacys ( including the S402 )

The S402 is a limited production Unit ( only 300 made ) and last time I checked I think these had all sold out

GW

JapanpartsLLC

* Since 1996 *

Well nutts to that! I was just going to put my order in for one. I'm sure shipping could be worked out. It's just the PayPal issues I was concerned about...:)

BTW - are you an authorized Subaru "new car" dealership in Japan, or just able to order/re-sell them?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

you sell the actual S402 legacy? RHD tho right?

*Correct, unfortunately *not* suitable for the US market as the vehicle doesn't have Federal markings etc. etc.

But these do go to Europe ( including Russia ) the UK, New Zealand, Jamaica, Tanzania , Kenya....

We ship all over the World, and to answer the "Are we Dealers" q., we are car Dealers but not *franchised* dealers

Oh, and there's a Spec C Impreza coming out in about 3 months here....

GW

Export Manager

Japanparts.com

Japanvehicles.com

* Since 1996 *

There is only one reason it wouldn't sell in the US. Half the price difference of the GT and this special edition in mods would kill the other. It would be nothing more than an expensive collectors edition model. What could you do with 27k to an 08 GT?

My friend's mom has a car with cooled seats in Florida.. he said they didn't really do much good as only the base was cooled and it was cooled by the air ducts.

Now a massive peltier cooler under the seat.. mmmm

I drove an Infiniti M45 with cooled seats once. Very nice feature. I think it was cooled by something more effective than an air duct. The cool came on fast and even, right through the non-perforated leather. Wasn't just the bottom, included the lumbar area, too. Felt a little odd at first, like my butt was dropping off, but then it was quite pleasant.:eek:

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think there's enough people who consider function over form to convince SOA to make it happen. If there was a huge demand for people who prefer a subaru over a BMW because of subaru's function, then maybe something like this will happen in the US, but since in the states, a BMW is still a BMW, it ain't gonna happen.

A BMW also costs significantly more in Japan... like 1.5times the price. THAT makes a pretty big difference in people's purchasing choices. BMW, Benz, Ducati, etc. have a huge following in Japan based just on name/status. The Japanese are VERY trendy and brand conscious...

Yeah, people try to do direct currency conversions, which fails to take into consideration market pricing and taxes. Try to do that with something like a BMW 335i in the UK. Even the base model converts to over 60 grand US. Of course, the currency conversion fails to take into consideration the 24% tax that goes into the price there...
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived