LegacyGT.com

Brake rotor change on 05's?

STiSubie109

well, i was going to start a new thread about an 05 LGT brake upgrade so i'll throw it in here...

whats a good "step up" in front rotors, i am stock and will be that way for a while, maybe if luckly, i'll have a drop in filter and ecu reflash.... but not much more..

i don't think i need the best performance stuff, they seems to be 225 and up for front rotors. anything any cheaper and still better than stock?

I called the dealer looking for new rotors for my 05 lgt wagon, they stated that mid-year it changed models and they need my vin to verify. Is there a difference or are they BSing me?

There is an updated part # for Front Pads and Rotors on early LGT's...but it replaces the old part numbers...and it's the same part numbers used on every LGT since so it really doesn't matter.

But in there defense, the Subaru parts lookup program does ask for a VIN to lookup parts, and many think it won't work without it...

But in there defense, the Subaru parts lookup program does ask for a VIN to lookup parts, and many think it won't work without it...

Bull. VIN is not necessary. Subarufast allows to select car type and trim manually. No need to know magic codes, all is selectable.

For those who want to impress your inept parts guy, the model code for our cars is B13.

well, i was going to start a new thread about an 05 LGT brake upgrade so i'll throw it in here...

whats a good "step up" in front rotors, i am stock and will be that way for a while, maybe if luckly, i'll have a drop in filter and ecu reflash.... but not much more..

i don't think i need the best performance stuff, they seems to be 225 and up for front rotors. anything any cheaper and still better than stock?

just upgrade the pads with stock rotors. i put on hawk hps pads and stock rotors and it made a big difference.

That type of dealer needs a vin number to look up washer fluid. :lol:

They just want to make sure you own a Subaru.

But anyways I'm also in the market for front rotor upgrade but not looking to spend $1300.00 or more for a big brake upgrade.

http://www.liteswap.com/merchant2/me...ode=LGTSpecial

That link above looks good, any feed back on them ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Bull. VIN is not necessary. Subarufast allows to select car type and trim manually. No need to know magic codes, all is selectable.

For those who want to impress your inept parts guy, the model code for our cars is B13.

Correct, but it asks for VIN first...most parts people aren't very computer savy and can't figure out how to get past that step. :lol:

Archived