LegacyGT.com

Most amount of fuel you have put into your car

I don't think I've gotten to 14 gallons yet. I generally get fuel when I get the low fuel light. It's been a policy of mine to get nervous once you drop below 1/4 tank thanks to getting rides from friends in high school who often ran out of gas.

I don't think I've gotten to 14 gallons yet. I generally get fuel when I get the low fuel light. It's been a policy of mine to get nervous once you drop below 1/4 tank thanks to getting rides from friends in high school who often ran out of gas.

:whore:

def hit the 16s with the warning light on for awhile prior to fill up. and best part is i barely got over 300 miles on that tank. winter gas and snowboard rack with snowboards FTL! :)

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I'm shocked at the 16+! I usually get around 12-13 gallons and thought Subaru had lied to me! *Gasp*

I don't know what the book says in the US but in our specs up here they say that our tank is 64L which means 16.9 US Liquid gallons. So it's possible I guess. But must be pretty close.

Does the US specs states 16.9 gallons?

In that rare case I'm sure the fuel pump was wearing faster than normal.

I usually run it down until the fuel light comes on. Average fill up is 13-14gallons which comes out to 75-80% of the max so theres always still "plenty" of fuel in my tank imo.

15.9 gallons is the most I've ever filled up. I was crapping my pants and looking at the estimated range every minute until I got to the gas station. :lol: I was relieved to find out I still had a gallon left. Regardless, I won't be pushing it that far anytime soon.

I used to wait for awhile after the fuel light came on before filling up until one day I took off rather enthusiastically from a stop light and the car lost all power like I had slammed on the brakes - I don't wait for the fuel light any longer.

17.01 gallons. I am serious. I should have taken a picture.

I know the tank is listed to be smaller than this. I basically coasted into this gas station as the car died from running out of fuel.

Well I doubt anybody can top that :lol:

I had coasted in to gas stations with my F-250 (8 MPG... kinda hard to judge when you'll run out of gas) but haven't done more then about 15.9 gallons in the LGT.

I used to wait for awhile after the fuel light came on before filling up until one day I took off rather enthusiastically from a stop light and the car lost all power like I had slammed on the brakes - I don't wait for the fuel light any longer.
:eek:

Did you guys read the manual?:confused: It clearly states that specifically turbo model cars should fill up immediately when the gas light goes on to prevent damage. I doubted that this would ever happen until I read this guy's post.

No sense is draining it down that far anyways, it's only going to make the fuel pump work harder and run the risk of air getting in your fuel lines.

17.8xxg west of Morristown, TN around March '05... I went in with my manual to show them that our tank is 16.9g - they refunded me the difference :lol:

I guess I should have contacted the TN Department if Revenue, and informed them about the scam... never did though.

:eek:

Did you guys read the manual?:confused: It clearly states that specifically turbo model cars should fill up immediately when the gas light goes on to prevent damage.

Yah, Don't want to be picking up all that shit in the bottom of your tank.

Anyway, i broke the $100 tank mark a few weeks ago.. gone are the days of a $60 fill up :( (Thats $NZ)

Archived