LegacyGT.com

Jacksonville Legacy Charlie Foxtrot, Part 1

CarlJNgmail.com

Wow....that sucks. Did you get the from Boostjunkie?

I did. I complained loudly and Boost put me in touch with the megan rep. After much added $ and work on my part they sent 2 near rear inserts. no help... I had to get it in writing from Subaru that it wasn't anything else on the car! Can you say "Buh-Bye suspension warranty?!"

They are just noisy. I've seen 2 or 3 other threads of people complaining about noises of various types.

Don't get me wrong they handle a millionty X better than my stock struts + H techs but the noise is bothersome to me.

I am a little sensitive to noises though. Rattles and creaks piss me off!

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rattles and creaks piss me off!

Me too...i will hear a rattle or something and will turn the radio off and have my wife try and find it!:) she hates it!

BTW srgdrum....can you put up some pictures of your endlinks??? I am bout to order them but all they show are the stupid horseshoe links for a WRX! Do you like them? Any noise from them??

oh and if u see a obp legacy leaving nas thats my pops

Very cool guy BTW!

BTW srgdrum....can you put up some pictures of your endlinks??? I am bout to order them but all they show are the stupid horseshoe links for a WRX! Do you like them? Any noise from them??

I get 0 noise fromt he kartboy endlinks. I got these from turn in concepts. They aren't the horseshoe style. Front and rear are dogbone style. I don't have a pic (and my camera is still in KY) but I'll t ry to find you a link.

kartboy endlinks = 100% good mod and money well spent. The cobb bars destroyed the stock pieces quickly!

thanks!!!! I can wait to get my car hooked up after i get back!

the plan is

Koni struts

swift springs

Rallitek 22mm FSB

Cusco 22mm RSB

AVO RSB reenforcement brackets

Kartboy endlinks

Ebay STB's

Cobb STS

Kartboy shifter bushings

Front/Rear drilled and slotted brakes

Hawk HPS pads

Techna-Fit brake lines

Full exhaust (unequal length headers and all) ;)

Page 22 Ownage

What are you trying to say? Hahaha.

Hey, hey now, young man! Behave! :lol:

As for the pics...I can take 'em, just can't do it for free. Gotta keep paying for gear and time somehow. Not asking for much...but, I'll give you a phat print, for a certain price point. You choose the pic that you want to take. I just can't do rolling shots...I don't have the equipment. :redface:

thanks!!!! I can wait to get my car hooked up after i get back!

the plan is

Koni struts

swift springs

Rallitek 22mm FSB

Cusco 22mm RSB

AVO RSB reenforcement brackets

Kartboy endlinks

Ebay STB's

Cobb STS

Kartboy shifter bushings

Front/Rear drilled and slotted brakes

Hawk HPS pads

Techna-Fit brake lines

Full exhaust (unequal length headers and all) ;)

I've got some Megan Coilovers for sale! ;)

What's the Ebay STB? Strut tower bar? Why drilled rotors? Cuz they look cool right? I just installed the HPS pads last weekend. Nice little upgrade from stock.

well i ave drilled and slotted rotors but my stock ones warpped horribly within 10k of me owning the car, but the current ones have 15k on them and work fine

if it were me id have blanks or just slots but these were 140 shipped for the front so twasnt bad

well i ave drilled and slotted rotors but my stock ones warpped horribly within 10k of me owning the car, but the current ones have 15k on them and work fine

if it were me id have blanks or just slots but these were 140 shipped for the front so twasnt bad

From the warped rotors, what it sound like?

what did they sound like?

u have never herd a car with bad brake pulsation?

i dont really have a huge list for my lgt, i know what i want though, im just slowly gathering parts, it will be very nice by the time im done.

heres what im sitting on

perrin 3 inch cattless dp

ebay up, after reading i think im going to look for a catless stocker

s techs

eibachs ( yes i have 2 sets of springs, one is going on the se)

front brake lines

3 mini gauges oil psi, water temp, voltage (going to make a plate for these one day)

mud gaurds

phoniex gold 6.5 componet set

and im still gathering parts slowly

i know i need an ap, 1st sojax has to tear down my turbo, to keep from hurting my car it wll be parked untill next wensday when ill take it up to sojax.

2nd off theres some other stuff im waiting to get, im horribly known for having parts laying around for a year till i get about 75% of the goodies i want then take my time and install everything myself. plus its a good way to really learn the mechanical external and some internals of your car

eventally i will get a vf48? (sti turbo) fmic , and the other stuff i have with an ap and ill be satisfied, im not looking to make a racecar, but ill have overkill passing power.

plus its good to have backup vehicles so i can take my time on my lgt, ive been slowly cleaning her since shes been sitting and i think tomarrow or monday i may put in those speakers, or i may wait till i get a later model unit that plays mp3s and ill add in a amp or 2 and a line converter

like i said i have a long drawn out plan.

oh as for your brakes magnet, if u get all the parts ill help u do it but im wondering if u would like to gather the parts and do a lgt brake swap on the front.

I was going to ask what the deal is w/ your vf40? Are they going to cover under warranty?

get the up and dp installed asap and get the AP! Well worth the $$ and you will love the results!

Rehab is for quitters.

im half temped to buy that one with 10k for 275 shipped

soa said they would tear into it and if it had a mechanical failure then they would fix it, but if it was sludged up or was due to abuse then im responsible, im gonna see what they say after the teardown, sucks i cant use a toyota turbo cause i have 2 sitting in my closest

oh as for your brakes magnet, if u get all the parts ill help u do it but im wondering if u would like to gather the parts and do a lgt brake swap on the front.

Yea for sure! I'll start searching around for the parts I need. But if you decide to get a whole new brake setup, I'll buy your stock parts.

I assume you mean a V1 for 275 shipped?

Jump on that!

Joe- Why not consider open source tuning. not that I know much about it but you could def consult with some of the folks in the tuning forum.

Def get a flex up pipe not matter what brand you get.

The Hawk HPS pads are pretty good. Nice improvement over stock.

FYI I Tactrix cable is $79 amd Jestr Tuning down in Orlando will Open Source Tune you for $300.

Ouch! Maybe used Ap is the way to go then. Unless you are just gonna skip all that stage 1 and 2 stuff.

If I had it to do over again I'd have a rotated kit... and a blown transmission!

Archived