LegacyGT.com

See how slow you really are!!! 1/4 mile Street Legal Track Day!!!

Infamous1

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shamar-

What if I bring out the 5EAT and see if we can't get some mo powa out of her? I got a IPT VB in there. Its about time for a fluid change anyway. I think its good for a couple 3000rpm boost launches. Temps should be good too.

Shamar-

What if I bring out the 5EAT and see if we can't get some mo powa out of her? I got a IPT VB in there. Its about time for a fluid change anyway. I think its good for a couple 3000rpm boost launches. Temps should be good too.

Bring some 100octane and we'll have some fun! ;)

I know where to get leaded. But not sure where to get unleaded by Saturday. I have 1 contact at VP (old sponsor) and 1 at Plavan (old sponsor), but I usually had to buy 30 gallon drums and pick them up myself. Plus it took a few days to get everything squared away between my guys in the race dept and the guys in the warehouse.

Where do I get 100 octane? No pumps left, its illegal on the street now.

Where do I get 100 octane? No pumps left, its illegal on the street now.

Since when? I know they sale (atleast less than a year ago) 100 unleaded at a couple of stations around here. But I know a shop that sales it 5 gallons at a time (all grades) and its only about 10 minutes from the track;)

20 psi and a timing bump should be nice! With a good torque brake you may be able to shake off a 12.9xx run, the 5eat is excellent out of the hole!

I was told when I got back to Cali that the 100 octane pumps are gone and illegal. Asked at the 76 station that used to have one and that was the answer.

If you know where on is, I'm fine with that. If I have to buy it 5 gallons at a time, ok. Give me 15 gallons and lets go.

I'm fighting my new sts (in the SpecB) now (second, fourth and sixth feel like its barely engaged and gives lots of synchro noise). I think the 5EAT is the hot ticket. if that thing dropped into the twelves it might be one of the fastest 5EAT's with a stock turbo.

I was told when I got back to Cali that the 100 octane pumps are gone and illegal. Asked at the 76 station that used to have one and that was the answer.

Last week I bought some racing fuel, no problem. Here is the website that lists gas stations that sells racing fuel. Prices are outdated but there are phone numbers so you can call and ask if they still sell it:

http://www.davebarton.com/Unleaded_Racing_Fuel_in_SoCal#SoCal

Or you can see if this guy still have some 119 octane fuel:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/1507577038.html

Thanks for the links. I will call some of the stations in the first link. Much of the info is very old. I was told the law changed in 2009. But you never know...

As for the a\dd for F&L. F*** that S***. Have you ever used that crap? Their refinery must be the dirtiest place on earth. They were my very first fuel sponsor. After all the problems were diagnosed as fuel related, I ditched them and bought my own fuel for a whole season before picking up a new sponsor.

OK. Should I just meet you at your house? I can show up with an empty tank, lol.

Yep, then we'll just head over to the gas shop from here. Then will just go collect our tech cards and do a few quick pulls to dial in boost and timing.

for the add for F&L. F*** that S***. Have you ever used that crap? Their refinery must be the dirtiest place on earth. They were my very first fuel sponsor. After all the problems were diagnosed as fuel related, I ditched them and bought my own fuel for a whole season before picking up a new sponsor.

I have never used F&L. The only reason I know about them because few weeks ago I put some 87 in my ride by accident. Shamar recommended to put some race fuel so I looked around. I found that only few miles from me there is a 76 station that has 100 octane fuel so I got some in order to bring mine to 91. Since Corona is far from me I didn't go there and I'm glad. I never knew they have such a bad fuel.

Worst race fuel I have ever run. Even has a crappy blue dye (supposedly to trace fuel) that coats everything and leaves a residue. Found it all over my carb, inlet, and even in my combustion chamber on the pistons, exhaust valves and manifold. Had to trash the pistons due to the coating. Could also see microscopic boring caused by the dirt in the fuel. Was carving out the intake tract. Total crap. Ran VP and Sunoco after that. Never had an issue again.

Archived