LegacyGT.com

Ok who does Lent fridays?

coxx

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On another note, one of the local mexican places has been substituting shrimp for chicken or beef in some of their entrees on fridays per request. THe girl and I went last friday and it was excellent, we're going back tomorrow :)

Go Cardinals!

Um, ok buddy. Not sure how to answer you here.

1st of all, I AM a Catholic. So yes, I'm observing the rules of lent. I never said anyone else had to. My thread title is a question, "who does lent fridays?".

2nd, thanks for the suggestion on my avatar. We all know how terribly violent the movie "Office Space" is. I think it got an R rating for violence against a fax machine :rolleyes::lol: My sig, well, that's a line from the show "curb your enthusiasm". Dunno what your issue is with either of those. Nobody else on the site seems to have a problem with them.

thanks for the lesson. I never knew :rolleyes: All those years in Catholic school were a waste I guess.

That's exactly the point of lent, sacrifice. The sacrifice being going without meat on fridays for the entire lent period.

Not sure what you're point was to post in this thread other than attempting to goad me into a fight or belittle me or something. Have a nice day though :)

Don't change your avatar, you've had it for so long if you changed it, I wouldnt know who you were anymore.

Go Cardinals!

Don't change your avatar, you've had it for so long if you changed it, I wouldnt know who you were anymore.

no doubt man I've had it since day 1 I'm never changing it. :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Happy Passover!

is it yet?

I'm comin over for sedar right?

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

you can come for Sedar, but not for Seder :lol:

DOH! Busted by the spelling police!

Holy Thursday. I remember back in high school being involved in a catholic youth group. I always remember this time of year the Holy Thursday washing of the feet service, and various services I had attended.

Of all the crazy shit I did in my teens, I am very fond of my memories of the the catholic youth group I belonged to. I'd consider an adult catholic group, but I feel like everyone there would be 50+.

You'd be suprised Mike :)

I started going back to church, which I haven't done much in my 20s. In my teens I was very involved. Spending hours the night before Thanksgiving making turkey sandwiches for the homeless, and Thanksgiving morning going with the group to distribute them out to the homeless and bring the leftover sandwiches to various homeless shelters. Also used to usher at masses, attend special masses and what not.

I started going back to church, which I haven't done much in my 20s. In my teens I was very involved. Spending hours the night before Thanksgiving making turkey sandwiches for the homeless, and Thanksgiving morning going with the group to distribute them out to the homeless and bring the leftover sandwiches to various homeless shelters. Also used to usher at masses, attend special masses and what not.

that's great Mike. I wish I had more time to get involved. There's not many younger people when I go to mass honestly.

Guest JessterCPA

My mother in law goes to the same church we do. My priest is asking her where we are. He is worried he offended us.

I wish I could just tell him, "listen, it's tax season. My only opportunity to sleep is sunday morning. my only opportunity to eat dinner with my family is saturday night. After the 15th, I'll be there every week. now is not a good time"

My mother in law goes to the same church we do. My priest is asking her where we are. He is worried he offended us.

I wish I could just tell him, "listen, it's tax season. My only opportunity to sleep is sunday morning. my only opportunity to eat dinner with my family is saturday night. After the 15th, I'll be there every week. now is not a good time"

5pm Saturday mass. Dinner afterwards :)

well you could explain that afterwards if you liked. Wouldn't make much difference. Just go back if you want to I guess after tax season is over. The reality of it is that you have good intentions but sometimes life gets in the way.

Guest JessterCPA
well you could explain that afterwards if you liked. Wouldn't make much difference. Just go back if you want to I guess after tax season is over. The reality of it is that you have good intentions but sometimes life gets in the way.

You are correct. I probably should just reach out to him & tell him what's going on. We like each other.

I used to volunteer for the church, doing baptism preparation classes for expectant families. We were selected because we are inter-faith (wife is Italian-Catholic, I am Jewish-Protestant) and could reach out on a different level to a lot of new parents in our church.

You are correct. I probably should just reach out to him & tell him what's going on. We like each other.

I used to volunteer for the church, doing baptism preparation classes for expectant families. We were selected because we are inter-faith (wife is Italian-Catholic, I am Jewish-Protestant) and could reach out on a different level to a lot of new parents in our church.

:cool: sho nuff, might as well explain the situation at some point.

Archived