LegacyGT.com

Ok who does Lent fridays?

coxx

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd
So as a mod of this forum I am going to ask all parties to play nice, or the thread is going to get locked down and points can follow :)

Jesus Cristo! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Can we have an 'on topic' conversation about what to eat on fridays during lent without your judgment please?

+1

The discussion is about suggestions for what are good things to eat during lent for practicing catholics that cannot eat meat on Fridays. The discussion is not about what you are supposed to do or not supposed to do during lent.

Do you have any unique suggestions? I'm sure several people haven't figured out dinner plans for tonight.

+1

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

back on topic.

Tonight being the last lent friday & good friday I'm going to have red beans & spinich as well as potatos & eggs.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

So as a mod of this forum I am going to ask all parties to play nice, or the thread is going to get locked down and points can follow :)

It's done after today anyways till next year. I will play nice though

back on topic.

Tonight being the last lent friday & good friday I'm going to have red beans & spinich as well as potatos & eggs.

My girlfriends boss/professor (she's in grad school) is taking his students and their significant other out to bowl and for dinner tonight.

What the heck do you eat at a bowling alley that doesnt involve meat?

Looks like I'm fasting tonight!

Go Cardinals!

"Can you please stay on topic, and/or stop trolling?"

Ok OK but....

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding.

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Man you make me ashamed to be from Missouri.:rolleyes:

I don't miss your kind now that I live elsewhere.

Not sure what's going on in this thread, but no Missouri bashing allowed.

Why?

I lived there for about 27 years more or less, if you don't count a year or two in California, and year in Iraq. Missouri is OK, but I found someplace better.

Why?

I lived there for about 27 years more or less, if you don't count a year or two in California, and year in Iraq. Missouri is OK, but I found someplace better.

See, now that's perfectly fine. Been here 26 years myself, and just as any other location on the planet, no populace is represented by one person on an internet forum ;)

See, now that's perfectly fine. Been here 26 years myself, and just as any other location on the planet, no populace is represented by one person on an internet forum ;)

Thank God.:lol:

Last place I lived was Springfield. Lot's of religious wackos down there.

My girlfriends boss/professor (she's in grad school) is taking his students and their significant other out to bowl and for dinner tonight.

What the heck do you eat at a bowling alley that doesnt involve meat?

Looks like I'm fasting tonight!

fries? That ellios pizza stuff they make? :lol:

Well this is a thread about Lent afterall, so it's probably going to be mostly 'religious wackos'.

:mad:

I just started this thread because I thought it would be cool to discuss different non-meat dishes & recipes & stuff. I didn't mean for it to turn into a whole religious debate. Truthfully I'm not exactly sure why it did.

:mad:

I just started this thread because I thought it would be cool to discuss different non-meat dishes & recipes & stuff. I didn't mean for it to turn into a whole religious debate. Truthfully I'm not exactly sure why it did.

Sorry man, I quoted it as I was trying to make it a non-offensive reply. I'm personally not religious, but I come from a Catholic family. Baked orange ruffy was a friday special back home for just that reason. I have no hate, even if I may disagree on certain topics :}

Sorry man, I quoted it as I was trying to make it a non-offensive reply. I'm personally not religious, but I come from a Catholic family. Baked orange ruffy was a friday special back home for just that reason. I have no hate, even if I may disagree on certain topics :}

:) no need to apologize my man. I'm just bustin your balls chops. Ooopps. That was almost offensive to sensitive eyes :p:lol:

Seriously dude it's ok I wasn't taking offense to anything you said :)

Well this is a thread about Lent afterall, so it's probably going to be mostly 'religious wackos'.

:lol:

Yep and the Bible Thumper in the thread if you care to look was none other than the thread starter himself quoting scripture.

I said no offense, but changing your avatar and signature might be more important than not eating a certain food for Lent, based on the CATHOLIC ENCYLOPEDIA'S DEFINITION.

Then I get all these scriptures.

I go to a religious thread, I see the avatar and the profanity, and I wonder why are we talking about lent?

So I make a comment about it and here comes the, Judge not, he who has not sinned scriptures and the comments eventually about MO

To put it simply I just didnt appreciate the talk of not eating something for lent when you have some pretty offensive (IMO) material representing who you are.

Then one of the first responses to me is another guy who was also starting a thread about the show DEXTER. A TV program about a Serial KILLER.

If I would have had the signatures and the avatars turned off like I do now, I would have never said a thing.

Man you make me ashamed to be from Missouri.:rolleyes:

I don't miss your kind now that I live elsewhere.

Your Kind? Care to explain? Feel free to PM if you like, since we wouldnt want to CONTINUE to post off topic

:) no need to apologize my man. I'm just bustin your balls chops. Ooopps. That was almost offensive to sensitive eyes :p:lol:

Seriously dude it's ok I wasn't taking offense to anything you said :)

And I asked you to not take offense at what I was about say....

I said no offense, but changing your avatar and signature might be more important than not eating a certain food for Lent, based on the CATHOLIC ENCYLOPEDIA'S DEFINITION.

I go to a religious thread, I see the avatar and the profanity, and I wonder why are we talking about lent?

and the comments eventually about MO

when you have some pretty offensive (IMO) material representing who you are.

that's you being too sensistive IMO. I dunno how things are where you're from but where I'm from there's nothing offensive abuot someone punching something, not even someone. There's also nothing too offensive about profanity. It's common. I even know Catholic priests that say the F word.

You live a very sheltered life. I'm sure you're gonna tell me next that condoms are a sin.

Ahhh screw it, we can't talk about this here.

Heights lent was over yesterday feel free to lock this mofo up.

And I asked you to not take offense at what I was about say....

that's like saying "don't take offensive to this but everything about you is offensive to me & everything you do is completely wrong & you're a terrible person" :lol:

Your Kind? Care to explain? Feel free to PM if you like, since we wouldnt want to CONTINUE to post off topic

Its funny how you continue to try and pick fights, and continue to derail a perfectly good thread. I'm done with you though.

I vote for locking of this thread. None of us are seeing eye to eye with gregnauman, and neither side of the argument is going to back down.

Go Cardinals!

Archived