LegacyGT.com

Ok who does Lent fridays?

coxx

fish and chips are a personal fav if I was observing (I gave up giving up meat for lent years ago and haven't look back :lol: )

my personal fish favs are Flounder and Tilapia. I'm not a big seafood eater but Flounder is your typical fish used in fish & chips and talapia is a very plain tasting fish that has a texture similar to chicken.

good luck and happy lenting! :)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought fish & chips is usually cod :confused: I dunno though. I havent had it in years
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

:lol: sorry for the chicken patty post guys, didn't realize I was such and IDIOT...:redface:.

I'll go with some carbs and have some pasta.

:lol::lol::lol: it's cool I just think it's funny that in a thread about not eating meat on fridays you were the 1st to post about eating chicken

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

:lol: sorry for the chicken patty post guys, didn't realize I was such and IDIOT...:redface:.

I'll go with some carbs and have some pasta.

It is entertainment my friend;). I'm usually the one to get the award, enjoy your moment of fame:lol:

I was at this mexican joint. I had seered ahi tuna. Not bad. Not wonderful but pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Pasta E fagoli last friday.

This friday, eggplant rolatini unless I get called to sushi dinner with some peeps.

went to dinner this past friday.

Fish & Chips. They were solidly medicore :lol:

tofu burgers? (vege burgers)

I dont like em but sure, that's totally a good idea. :)

I'm tryin to do sushi tomorrow night. People are lame though. 1/2 my friends wont even eat sushi. If it's not covered in red sauce they won't eat it :lol::lol:

The only sushi I will eat is the female genatalia:lol:

I wouldn't eat it if that's what it tastes like

• 2 weeks later...

last one comin up tomorrow.

Looks like it's gonna be some hot delcious pizza

Someone brought this up to me before so I figured I'd start a thread. I observe the rules of lent. The no meat on fridays. I figure I do enough wrong & in opposition to the rules that I can at least do this :lol:

Seriously though, I stick to it. So what's everyone eatin on fridays. I'll name a few things I like to eat during lent.

-pizza of course

-potatoes & eggs

-peppers & eggs

-red beans & spinich (or sometimes rice)

-lentil soup

-peas & macaroni

-linguine & clam sauce

-shrimp parm hero

anyone got any good ones to add to the list? I'm always lookin to try new things to eat./

Who keeps lent? Hopefully just Catholics as its a catholic instituted day.

No offense but I would suggest that you clean up your signature and the avatar which looks like someone is getting the crap beat out of them. This might be more important of an example to others than following the traditions of Lent.

According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, “the real aim of Lent is, above all else, to prepare men for the celebration of the death and Resurrection of Christ…the better the preparation the more effective the celebration will be. One can effectively relive the mystery only with purified mind and heart. The purpose of Lent is to provide that purification by weaning men from sin and selfishness through self-denial and prayer, by creating in them the desire to do God’s will and to make His kingdom come by making it come first of all in their hearts.”

Lent is a season of soul-searching and repentance. It is a season for reflection and taking stock. Lent originated in the very earliest days of the Church as a preparatory time for Easter, when the faithful rededicated themselves and when converts were instructed in the faith and prepared for baptism. By observing the forty days of Lent, the individual Christian imitates Jesus’ withdrawal into the wilderness for forty days. All churches that have a continuous history extending before AD 1500 observe Lent. The ancient church that wrote, collected, canonized, and propagated the New Testament also observed Lent, believing it to be a commandment from the apostles. (See The Apostolic Constitutions, Book V, Section III.)

No offense but I would suggest that you clean up your signature and the avatar which looks like someone is getting the crap beat out of them. This might be more important of an example to others than following the traditions of Lent.

You obviously have not seen office space, his avatar is a clip from the movie in which that guy is beating up a copy/printer machine, not a person. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Relax...

For the record, I am catholic too, and have been very good this Lent!

Go Cardinals!

Who keeps lent? Hopefully just Catholics as its a catholic instituted day.

Um, ok buddy. Not sure how to answer you here.

1st of all, I AM a Catholic. So yes, I'm observing the rules of lent. I never said anyone else had to. My thread title is a question, "who does lent fridays?".

2nd, thanks for the suggestion on my avatar. We all know how terribly violent the movie "Office Space" is. I think it got an R rating for violence against a fax machine :rolleyes::lol: My sig, well, that's a line from the show "curb your enthusiasm". Dunno what your issue is with either of those. Nobody else on the site seems to have a problem with them.

According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, “the real aim of Lent is, above all else, to prepare men for the celebration of the death and Resurrection of Christ…the better the preparation the more effective the celebration will be. One can effectively relive the mystery only with purified mind and heart. The purpose of Lent is to provide that purification by weaning men from sin and selfishness through self-denial and prayer, by creating in them the desire to do God’s will and to make His kingdom come by making it come first of all in their hearts.”

Lent is a season of soul-searching and repentance. It is a season for reflection and taking stock. Lent originated in the very earliest days of the Church as a preparatory time for Easter, when the faithful rededicated themselves and when converts were instructed in the faith and prepared for baptism. By observing the forty days of Lent, the individual Christian imitates Jesus’ withdrawal into the wilderness for forty days. All churches that have a continuous history extending before AD 1500 observe Lent. The ancient church that wrote, collected, canonized, and propagated the New Testament also observed Lent, believing it to be a commandment from the apostles. (See The Apostolic Constitutions, Book V, Section III.)

thanks for the lesson. I never knew :rolleyes: All those years in Catholic school were a waste I guess.

That's exactly the point of lent, sacrifice. The sacrifice being going without meat on fridays for the entire lent period.

Not sure what you're point was to post in this thread other than attempting to goad me into a fight or belittle me or something. Have a nice day though :)

Archived