LegacyGT.com

Ok who does Lent fridays?

coxx

Someone brought this up to me before so I figured I'd start a thread. I observe the rules of lent. The no meat on fridays. I figure I do enough wrong & in opposition to the rules that I can at least do this :lol:

Seriously though, I stick to it. So what's everyone eatin on fridays. I'll name a few things I like to eat during lent.

-pizza of course

-potatoes & eggs

-peppers & eggs

-red beans & spinich (or sometimes rice)

-lentil soup

-peas & macaroni

-linguine & clam sauce

-shrimp parm hero

anyone got any good ones to add to the list? I'm always lookin to try new things to eat./

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chicken Patties are awesome, just Nuke em real quick and your good to go. Add lots of Ketchup.

:nono: you're not getting it. Or maybe I wasn't clear about it.

Lent = no meat on fridays

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Eggplant Parm.

SubLGTaru, you get the tool award in this thread.;)

:lol::lol::lol:

eggplant is a good one. I don't often have it because it's kind of a bitch to make. I sure do like it though.

Fried fish or pizza for me the next few weeks. Only stuff my kid will eat that's not meat.

That's one I forgot. I make fried flounder with stewed tomatoes & either mashed potatos or pasta.

I also make angel hair with garlic & oil & anchovies but that's not so popular :lol: I only know 2 other people that will eat that with me.

Tuna fish is alright.

I think I'm gonna get an egg and cheese with hash brown on a roll with pepper and ketchup.

Then ill get broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl.

Then ill probably have another 6 meals throughout the day. I eat way too much. :lol:

i renounced the catholic faith in 10th grade so i eat whatever the hell i feel like now :)

general tso's chicken as i type.

fair enough but lets save the religious debate for another thread please thank you

Tuna fish is alright.

I think I'm gonna get an egg and cheese with hash brown on a roll with pepper and ketchup.

Then ill get broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl.

Then ill probably have another 6 meals throughout the day. I eat way too much. :lol:

Ohhh, cream of broccoli soup, with tons of butter floating on top. Mmmmmmm.

Green Bean casarole, with onion rings on top, baked. That's a Frenchie favorite.

I gotta go eat before I collapse, my legs are quivering.:p

I dont do Lent Fridays but last year I did no meat all 40 days of Lent (Greek Orthodox Lent) and did strict no dairy the last week leading up to Easter...

I'm hoping to make it the whole 40 days this year too

(Lent begins March 10th for us)

I dont do Lent Fridays but last year I did no meat all 40 days of Lent (Greek Orthodox Lent) and did strict no dairy the last week leading up to Easter...

I'm hoping to make it the whole 40 days this year too

(Lent begins March 10th for us)

wow, that's impressive. My greek cousins (by marriage) do that. I don't know that I could handle it.

lol I never did it until last year

it's not that bad...think of it as a diet kinda

I need to lose a few pounds before the bachelor parties, lol

:lol::lol::lol: yeah I guess I could do it. I really do love seafood.

You over in flushing or astoria? :lol:

Archived