LegacyGT.com

Subaru Rumors..... Coming True...

cwmiller

Up and coming things, Diesel for sure in US market 2010 calender year. No stick shift in new 09 forester turbo, because it is slated for an STI version (maybe 2010). New 2010 model legacy will get the 3.6L. They are working on a STI legacy, with a 3.6L turbo motor rumor 350-400 HP. They may not beable to do the 3.6L turbo due to it not meeting future emissions requirements, but they are trying. This will all be on the new 2010 legacy. All this from source inside of SOA.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Up and coming things, Diesel for sure in US market 2010 calender year. No stick shift in new 09 forester turbo, because it is slated for an STI version (maybe 2010). New 2010 model legacy will get the 3.6L. They are working on a STI legacy, with a 3.6L turbo motor rumor 350-400 HP. They may not beable to do the 3.6L turbo due to it not meeting future emissions requirements, but they are trying. This will all be on the new 2010 legacy. All this from source inside of SOA.

ill call my source and see if ur right or not.

This is what I heard from subaru service manager here last month !

But I didn't post here because every one here will start laughing and joking !

He told me that subaru is going with H6 TT engine for the next legacy sport model but he is not %100 sure if subaru will start making this model next year ! :) :)

I hope :)

Frankly - I suspect that the idea of a FI 3.6L (without major mods to the block, i.e., larger overall), is wishful thinking. Upgrading this block from 3.0L to 3.6L created some significant engineering challenges, just to cool this NA engine, while keeping it dimensionally the same as the 3.0L. I can't imagine that enough additional cooling could be found to "cool" the 3.6L engine under FI. Supercharing being a possible exception and even then, I still think the margins are too narrow to risk it. Would be one BAMOFO if it were to happen. Just look at what Jeff's Perrin and Sponagle are doing with the FI 3.0 H6s, even with very mild tuning.

I am wondering though, how much bigger the Leggy is going to get in 2010, now that the Impreza is built on the 4th Gen, Leggy chassis? If it gets dimensionally longer/wider, there might be room for an increased block 3.6 or even a 4.4 H8? Now you're talking!

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

ha ha. :rolleyes:

I haven't heard anything about it, but then again, haven't asked. Been concentrating on future STI and running my 2 stores... and waiting to hear if 09 will be DSG box or not. but then I'll still get the 08 STI and do a few mods. wait and see what happens with 2010. sounds interesting... maybe i'll be back into a Leggy afterall. :D

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Alaska is covered from Washington state, BTW

yes, PNW rep covers OR, WA, and AK. that's usually who we ask. ;) or one of the execs at the dealer goes to Japan a lot and he likes to give us hints. :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Words come directly from the district rep at subaru. AKLGT husband and I might work at the same place. And maybe the rep and I spoke for a few. And maybe the conversation never happened, maybe it did :lol:. All I can say is he is a nice guy and very enthused about what is up and coming (and maybe is a rep for suby ;)). He said the 3.6L turbo is being run right now, but the problem is the up and coming emissions for the next few years that the motor would have to meet. Diesel coming 2010 calender year, a year after new legacy/outback launch. The new forester slated for auto only with turbo, full STI version in the works. Ok check my source on this, new forester with the premium package wont have heated seats like current car. will be this summer when they offer heated seats with the premium package in the 09's, and then the NW will only get premium packages with heated seats once available. New forester said to be at the ports. suppose to have to dealers by end of February.

Archived