LegacyGT.com

VF40-18g .... injectors .... benefits?

Nickz31se-r

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they are :lol: I hit 306 WHP on stock injectors with TORCO. Don't know how many times my dyno chart's been posted, or how many times i've mentioned it...

how is that misinformation? The guy wanted to know if he needed injectors for the VF40/18g. LBGT said yes becuase your IDC's woud be too high, I responded with my IDC # and WHP #.

You act as though TORCO is a once in a while thing. you can run it all day long and make 300+whp ALL DAY LONG.

Several members do ;)

and as far as your comment about the IDC's.... no shit, sherlock.

A blanket statement would be saying that you need injectors with every turbo upgrade.

Dude, your a tard. Your bragging about saving money on Injectors so you could by aero parts yet you plan to run Torco everyday. Add that up for us...Sherlock. Can't wait to see the backpeddle on this one. LOL

And you still don't get the point that on upgraded fuel injectors you STILL couldn't run an A/F of 12, do you..... Running Torco daily on even conservative mileage would add up very quickly.

Do me a favor, show me where I (me, bdII, Randy) EVER said I plan on running TORCO every day? And trust me, if I want bigger injectors I'd buy them. :wink:

and just to make you eat your words here's some math smarty pants:

At $40 a gallon, 32 ounces a fill up, 128 ounces in a gallon, that's $10 each fill up to run 104-107 octane.

To reach 300 on TORCO with my set up I need 100 octane, so that's roughly $8 a fill up.

And seeing since I fill up once every 2 weeks, 52 weeks in a year, that's $208 a year for 40 WHP.

40 WHP for $208 a year :)

you like apples? how you like those apples ^^^^^^

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Quote MBlock66

Torco is a much better bang for the buck. If you are only talking about the octane boosting side of the story. Meth does two things it decreases temps by having a cooling effect (heat soak) and it doubles as an octane booster. Torco only boosts the octane. However meth can only help when it is spraying, torco is always being used and could give a slight edge in lower boost levels when meth wouldn't be spraying yet.

This is how I see it. Aquamist kit = $850 then there is install costs so lets say $200. Then you need to buy and maintain Meth say $5 a fillup (just for argument sake)

Torco = $170 for 5 gallons shipped. 32 oz per tank and for me that is 10-14 days use. That is about 24-30 fillups a year. I jug lasts me 20 of those.

I could go 6.2 drums of torco before breaking even with just the purchase price of meth and the install. That is about 5 years of it. I won't have this car that long lol

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

Do me a favor, show me where I (me, bdII, Randy) EVER said I plan on running TORCO every day? And trust me, if I want bigger injectors I'd buy them. :wink:

At $40 a gallon, 32 ounces a fill up, 128 ounces in a gallon, that's $10 each fill up to run 104-107 octane.

To reach 300 on TORCO with my set up I need 100 octane, so that's roughly $8 a fill up.

And seeing since I fill up once every 2 weeks, 52 weeks in a year, that's $208 a year for 40 WHP.

You don't get the point do you. You keep spreading info as if it should apply to everyone. Most people Fill up weekly so go ahead and double your amount. Most people these days average 15k miles a year.

Oh, and go ahead and add in the cost of your tune ;)

dyno tune + street tune touchup = $150 an hour. Mine took that long.

I totally understand your point but I think you missed mine.

Your very first post in this thread was your IDC's and dyno #'s but you didn't have a reference to you using Torco. You really need to clarify it otherwise it is interpreted incorrectly by the OP. Because, you know, thats what this thread is about.... His question. That you half ass answered. Anyway, I'm done arguing and your on ignore so I don't keep getting threads off topic.

Sorry to the OP. Yes, you should get injectors since you will eventually go bigger anyways. Its a nice safety net even on a vf4018G.

Yes you can drastically lower your IDC with Torco, I got no problems with that. Leave it up to the guy to decide.

FWIW I am currently running about 500 cc/min of alky with IDCs in the 80s,......wooooooooooooh! I experimented and paid before, that has nothing to do with my postings on this thread.

IT WAS WHAT LOSERS POINT TO THAT CAN'T BACK UP THERE FINDINGS WITH FACTS!

All my advice in this thread is solid, I think I am one of the few people to post very good facts, in this thread.

Yes you can drastically lower your IDC with Torco, I got no problems with that. Leave it up to the guy to decide.

FWIW I am currently running about 500 cc/min of alky with IDCs in the 80s,......wooooooooooooh! I experimented and paid before, that has nothing to do with my postings on this thread.

IT WAS WHAT LOSERS POINT TO THAT CAN'T BACK UP THERE FINDINGS WITH FACTS!

All my advice in this thread is solid, I think I am one of the few people to post very good facts, in this thread.

OK, this is off topic sort of, but has to do with LBGT mixing WI and IDCs :).

And I don't have any hard data or 'facts' to go on here, so take it for what it is worth. But, I personally would not rely on water/meth injection to make up for any significant portion of fueling. My reason is that I doubt that the cylinder to cylinder distribution of water/meth is even enough to rely on. Air is one thing, but WI particles are just that, particles and do not turn corners like a gas, air, does. Temperature also affects the distribution.

IF one does WI with such precision in mind I believe the only solution is to have an injector for each cylinder as close to the valve as possible. One big nozzle up in the intake system somewhere just is asking for trouble.....

Unfortunately it no longer applys anymore, but when you used to be able to get 816cc injectors from Perrin through their exchange program, they only cost you $199....< $208/year.... and lasts for more than 1 year.

He obviously doesn't understand IDC's so why bother talking technicalities with him?:confused:

Well hot damn where did you get this wonderful information from. Im not even going to try to figure that one out.

The reason why forums like this one at times can be so useful is b/c the ability of a poster (aka myself) to obtain info from others own personal experiences with the same platform. For instance, after reading what LBGT stated about running over 100% and not having problems, I would not have expected that and I still have no plans of trying this. ;)

Is it truly a safety blanket to have larger injector running lower IDC's if a smaller one will get the same job done regardless and NOT break. I guess it is only a blanket if a certain percentage of other cars had problems or failures while the other went on without issue.

Did I have to buy an AVO pump...no, did I spend an extra 220 (ouch) for a blanket...i guess (my survey did show a much higher failure rate on walbros)

I guess another way I could have gone about making my own mind up would have been to contact TDC and ask if their off the shelf map for my setup was limited in potential due to injector sizing. With that being said I could ask any one who tried to safely squeeze the most power (<---sounds kind of oxymoronic doesn't it?) on this somewhat common setup... common for a Legacy.

Oh wait that is why I posted here:eek:

I could continue to post wisecracks and joke around but that is not what this board is here for... well not right now anyway.

If 40bb like turbos were more common this thread would not even exist, so for now here is the plan I guess.

Once the car is on the dyno after the swap, have my guy take a look at everything and decide if he feels he can extract more power safely, if the injectors are needed they will go in.

The bottom line equates to one thing; this is my DD and I cant afford to have it down right now. The price of a tune is insignificant compared to money spent on original purchase, parts, the cost of down time, etc. If I am not doing the tuning, then yes the tuner will have the final say.

RC FTW

I love the fact that with this car I can simply "buy power" if Iwish to be somewhat removed from the process. I simply do not care, there are plenty quality tuners out there for the subaru and I need to do my part to help the economy.

Not sure who cares, but the ongoing headache is seen here.

Yeah thats a shorted out injector from a driver stuck open.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/ZtinkyBritches/zoomedinjector2.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/ZtinkyBritches/DSCF02511.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/ZtinkyBritches/DSCF02491.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/ZtinkyBritches/DSCF02481.jpg

Unfortunately it no longer applys anymore, but when you used to be able to get 816cc injectors from Perrin through their exchange program, they only cost you $199....< $208/year.... and lasts for more than 1 year.
TDC still offers an exchange program, but bigger injectors alone still will not get you to 306whp on the vf40-18g.

Original post was from yesterday morning before going to bed, this thread sure did blow up like all the lgt turbo threads. Im going to bed now at 12 noon, tonight is day 7, last night on of my 1st rotation (see OP). Hopefully turbo will be in by tuesday. Most of my free time this past week was spent lurking the board between 10 am and noon.

Thanks to everyone for your, help, humor or what ever else you may have contributed to my sanity.

nick

OK, this is off topic sort of, but has to do with LBGT mixing WI and IDCs :).

And I don't have any hard data or 'facts' to go on here, so take it for what it is worth. But, I personally would not rely on water/meth injection to make up for any significant portion of fueling.

IF one does WI with such precision in mind I believe the only solution is to have an injector for each cylinder as close to the valve as possible. One big nozzle up in the intake system somewhere just is asking for trouble.....

Ok, ok, one last post.

I don't care how common and fail safe WI setups have become over the last 10 years or so. I refuse to run a WI kit on my DD, simply put. Take it as it is, if I truly need more power I will just upgrade the snail and live with the lag. The Z will most likely at some point have some sort of NO2 system jetted big enough the blow the engine...when the time comes of course.

Good night kids.

Archived