LegacyGT.com

2010 camaro

maybe I read it wrong but I want to say it said 23mpg highway.

I don't know how you drive.. but I get around 21-22 city.

in smooth highway travel I can get probably close to 27-28 if I keep my speed closer to 60.

Also remember these are estimated numbers from the manuf. The 300c was rated to get 17 city and it got 10 according to car and driver.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok but the G8 has seen 25+mpg freeway some people have reported 28mpg and its 200-300lbs heavier and only automatic, yes its a auto 6 speed but a 6 speed manual will get better. My 2000 T/A was rated at 24mpg from factory, i was getting over 28, sometimes close to 30mpg freeway when it dynoed 357rwhp and 25ish when it was cammed makeing over 400rwhp. People will see 26-27 out of the new ss freeway. People have also reported the 05 and 06 GTOs which were 3800lbs with 400hp 6 speed to be getting clsoe to 28mpg freeway. Are gas prices on the rise, yes, do lsx powered cars use more gas than our legacys even with more weight and bigger more powerful engines, NO.

Lol, our cars require premium and we get the same mpg as the SS. Except it makes 162more hp

The Legacy wasn't introduced during the most expensive gas in US history though.

Enthusiasts will buy this car, but the question is if it will be a sales success with mainstream new car buyers. Right now those buyers are prioritizing fuel economy over performance

Ok but the G8 has seen 25+mpg freeway some people have reported 28mpg and its 200-300lbs heavier and only automatic, yes its a auto 6 speed but a 6 speed manual will get better. My 2000 T/A was rated at 24mpg from factory, i was getting over 28, sometimes close to 30mpg freeway when it dynoed 357rwhp and 25ish when it was cammed makeing over 400rwhp. People will see 26-27 out of the new ss freeway. People have also reported the 05 and 06 GTOs which were 3800lbs with 400hp 6 speed to be getting clsoe to 28mpg freeway. Are gas prices on the rise, yes, do lsx powered cars use more gas than our legacys even with more weight and bigger more powerful engines, NO.

If I drive at 100-110 km/h(62-68 ish mph) on the hwy, I get about 30 mpg.

So I guess all car companies should stop the creation of new fun cars and just focus on only fuel effiecient ones.:cool: Boring

Car companies will make whatever car is profitable.

Mass produced, low cost(ie. little or no profit), high performance cars, in a slow economy with high gas prices aren't the best for business.

I know the spec b has a 6 speed so im sure that you would get a little better than the 5 speeds, most 5 speeds get 26-28mpg so 30 sitn out of the question. So you would be getting the same gas mileage as my T/A when i had 357rwhp roughly 400hp at the crank and the car weights roughly the same.

I know the spec b has a 6 speed so im sure that you would get a little better than the 5 speeds, most 5 speeds get 26-28mpg so 30 sitn out of the question. So you would be getting the same gas mileage as my T/A when i had 357rwhp roughly 400hp at the crank and the car weights roughly the same.

You can get +30 mpg with 5MT. Fuel economy with the LGT is more of a driving style issue rather then a design issue.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92010&highlight=mpg

very true. You can squeeze some decent miles out of the LGT but it takes some serious dedication to do it. It also takes an extended time for the ecu to adjust to the new style before you see maximum benefit.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Well i have spent days driving the legacy, all freeway 600miles each way trips and the best i ever got staying around 70mph is 27.9 thats what the ECU says, most people know the legacy ecu to be a little off, the 05s anyway so it would really be closer to 27mpg.

I don't think the stock LGT will take a V6 camaro with ease. They are estimating 5.9 - 6.1 for the V6 and a low 14's 1/4. That is right on par with the LGT. And we all know that once in the hands of real drivers actually launching the car it will got 5.5 and 13.9 etc...

The LGT will be more $ then the V6 camaro too. The MSRP of the SS is supposed to be around 30k so the V6 will be like 25-26k.

These two cars are not even in the same playing field though so it isn't worth comparing them. The SS now has IRS and hold .90g's which is amazing handling for that heavy of a car. What is the LGT .79g's lol it is terrible I hate mine even with Tein springs and sways on it. Still like a boat.

I can't wait to see this car on the streets. A loaded SS will be had for 33k in a year or so and be running 4.6 0-60 and 12.9 1/4 all day long. It also has launch control on it for the 6MT which is going to be sweet.

If the 3200lb vette can pull an 11.7 showroom stock I see the camaro at 3800lbs with the same power and trans/gearing going 12.6's. Headers, intake, and tune and it will run close to 11's!

Tesla has been making cars for at least a year. Phoenix motorcars is well on their way.

GM went into this with grander production levels and more reasonable pricing. Thats what I think.

Good to see these tire burning muscle cars are so reasonably priced. (talking about the camaro, not this stuff ^ ) If gas were cheaper, these cars would probably be in the high 40s for the SS.

FYI if you are a camaro/firebird Junky and would like to see and possibly drive the cars before they go on sale they will be on display at the indy bash this year.

From Scott Settlemeire (former head of F-body R&D at GM)

"General Motors, Chevrolet Division and the Central Indiana Camaro Club would like to announce an exciting new development in the Camaro world. We have now been authorized to release information that the new production Camaros will be in attendance and unveiled at the Indy 08, Back at the Brickyard Event in September. The car will be unveiled at the event and many different models/engine combos will be available for the general public to review. Expect to see many different color combinations as well.

The 'Back at the Brickyard' Event will be happening in Indianapolis Indiana from September 19-21, 2008 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Hundreds of Camaros, Firebirds, and Pace Car owners will be in attendance to celebrate the unveiling and enjoy this historic event. GM Dignitaries will be in attendance as well to discuss the design, engineering, marketing, and accessories for this new model of Camaro. Vendors will also be on hand displaying their products."

I personally am going to be in the market for either a 2006/2007 used Z06, 2009 Coupe vette, or a new camaro SS in about a year.

I was going to dump the PITA legacy sooner but im now getting married new July so I need to see how much the wedding is going to cost.

I only have a 2.7 mile commute to work so i could care less about gas cost. I go 4 weeks on one tank now lol. Trouble is the 1st year of these cars will be buggy....

legacy=pita? :confused:

I'm just about to pay mine off. Although I want to see the camaro, the idea of going into debt again doesn't appeal to me in the near future. I might lead a salesman on to get a testdrive, but I highly doubt I'll be buying anything short of a civic GX if the LGT is destroyed or something.

Tesla has been making cars for at least a year. Phoenix motorcars is well on their way.

GM went into this with grander production levels and more reasonable pricing. Thats what I think.

Good to see these tire burning muscle cars are so reasonably priced. (talking about the camaro, not this stuff ^ ) If gas were cheaper, these cars would probably be in the high 40s for the SS.

Tesla has made "A" car... as in singluar.

I don't think the stock LGT will take a V6 camaro with ease. They are estimating 5.9 - 6.1 for the V6 and a low 14's 1/4. That is right on par with the LGT. And we all know that once in the hands of real drivers actually launching the car it will got 5.5 and 13.9 etc...

I don't now about that... The 2008 CTS doesn't seem to be as fast as the LGT, but the CTS does weigh 100 lbs more then the V6 Camaro.

CTS is still a nice car tho. If it werent for the squishy 50 profile tires it would handle fairly well too.

It is noticeably slower than the lgt tho. The camaro just strikes me as a "v8 or stay home" kind of car. Maybe i'm over simpifying things tho.

CTS V will correct all that I imagine tho.

shrinermonkey, you got me on the tesla thing. :lol: Although they have announced plans to make something a bit more affordable. The rush for alternatives is going to produce SOMETHING in the next 10 years, it may be the pinto of modern times, but it will be something.

If I wonthe lotto I'd get a tesla roadster over a vette (if it has a/c) if nothign else simply because even if gas skyrockets I wont have to stop and pay for it.

Archived