LegacyGT.com

2010 camaro

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Chevy certainly priced the Camaro very aggressively...

$22,995 for 300 hp 3.6L V6 LS

$30,995 for 422 hp 6.2L LS3 SS

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/13/2010-chevrolet-camaro-priced-ls-22-995-ss-30-995/

2010 Mustang better not be coming to this gun fight with a knife. :)

210 HP from a 4.0L that gets poor gas mileage. Ford had better do something and quick.

I dont know man, mustangs have always gotten less mpg made less hp and IMO looked way uglier and they still sell like hot cakes lol.

Cause the base model is cheap.

My dad almost got a brand new one in 2000 for us kids, then I learned that they were RWD (I was 14 at the time) and two years later I was driving our beloved '96 LGT.

just saw today on the chevy website tht they've started taking orders as of 10/13 on the new camaro. :spin:

I'm surprised its going to make it into production... but excited.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Yeah because like i said the mustang was raping them in sales.

mostly due to girls and 16 year old tough guys... mustangs have always been a chick car in my opinion.. most peoples moms want a mustang convertable thats there dream car.. and its slow..

i havnt liked a mustang since they stopped putting the 5.0 liter in them... since then they have just gotten slower...

kudos to chevy for upping the camaro to make their low end v6 put the same hp numbers as a ford "high end" v8 slowstang gt.

also ive read the dimensions of the new camaro are supposed to be smaller and shorter than the new challengers are... unlike the boat that is the modern mustang and charger

Oh there was a guy in my high school who had a brand new 2002 base Mustang with an automatic transmission who thought he was just the hottest thing. We still give him crap to this day. What guy chooses a Mustang as their car of choice and with a manual transmission. It might as well be a Jetta.

mostly due to girls and 16 year old tough guys... mustangs have always been a chick car in my opinion.. most peoples moms want a mustang convertable thats there dream car.. and its slow..

i havnt liked a mustang since they stopped putting the 5.0 liter in them... since then they have just gotten slower...

kudos to chevy for upping the camaro to make their low end v6 put the same hp numbers as a ford "high end" v8 slowstang gt.

also ive read the dimensions of the new camaro are supposed to be smaller and shorter than the new challengers are... unlike the boat that is the modern mustang and charger

I agree, except high end stang would be the cobra and in 03/04 they got it right wtih the 420hp 4.6 supercharged. And the 03 Mach 1 wast too bad either. But pretty much every other versions suck

Well Chevy certainly priced the Camaro very aggressively...

$22,995 for 300 hp 3.6L V6 LS

$30,995 for 422 hp 6.2L LS3 SS

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/13/2010-chevrolet-camaro-priced-ls-22-995-ss-30-995/

2010 Mustang better not be coming to this gun fight with a knife. :)

22,995 + options is going to make the V6 Camaro the same price as a Mustang GT, around $26-28,000.

So no real benefit there to the V6 Camaro other than brand preference.

You get into the mid 30's with the LS3 Camaro, and I'm sure there are some SVT Mustang options out there to compete with it.

I'm not a Ford guy, but I'm just saying...

The only thing that could compete with the camaro is the rousch stage 3 and the GT500. the GT500 is 50+ and the rousch stage 3 which is a mustang GT plus 21,000 dollars. So no the mustang doesnt really have good competition for that price range. The new sallen is 620hp but its also 71,000 dollars

22,995 + options is going to make the V6 Camaro the same price as a Mustang GT, around $26-28,000.

So no real benefit there to the V6 Camaro other than brand preference.

I don't understand why people make this argument. You should compare base price to base price not a loaded V6 Camaro vs a base Mustang GT. I mean you can option a Mustang GT close to $40k too... :rolleyes:

You get into the mid 30's with the LS3 Camaro, and I'm sure there are some SVT Mustang options out there to compete with it.

I'm not a Ford guy, but I'm just saying...

There is no SVT Mustang, the Shelby Mustang GT500 is the next step up from the Mustang GT and it starts at ~$45k. There were some limited production Mustangs in between the GT and GT500 such as the Bullitt and Shelby GT-H. But those are not part of regular production so you can't just order one once they sold out.

I disagree. I like the SN95 Mustangs. They make nice cruisers and can sound pretty sweet.

Oh there was a guy in my high school who had a brand new 2002 base Mustang with an automatic transmission who thought he was just the hottest thing. We still give him crap to this day. What guy chooses a Mustang as their car of choice and with a manual transmission. It might as well be a Jetta.

The only thing that could compete with the camaro is the rousch stage 3 and the GT500. the GT500 is 50+ and the rousch stage 3 which is a mustang GT plus 21,000 dollars. So no the mustang doesnt really have good competition for that price range. The new sallen is 620hp but its also 71,000 dollars

Isn't there a Shelby GT option? Basically a Mustang GT, with some shelby stripes, and some FRPP options installed... Similar spec to the newest re-hashing of the Hertz Shelbys... But well under the GT500?

There is a Mustang official or aftermarket version for every day of the year, otherwise... I would think there would be something in the mid-$30k range.

:lol: exactly

Guru: true i forgot about the mach 1 and the cobra.. ive been for a ride in an 03 cobra and they are nice... and the saleen mustangs are always fun my friends father owns one and i rip on him and tell him its his mid life crisis car...

iwannasportsedan: yes i do believe there is a "shelby" mustang thats not the gt500 or at least a package you can buy from the dealership that gives you the bigger lights up front and some pinstripes or something like that...

Isn't there a Shelby GT option? Basically a Mustang GT, with some shelby stripes, and some FRPP options installed... Similar spec to the newest re-hashing of the Hertz Shelbys... But well under the GT500?

Are you talking about the Shelby GT-C? It's got the same 319 hp engine as the GT-H and goes for ~$49k. :eek:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0804_2008_shelby_gt_c/index.html

Yes there is a shelby gt option, but other than looks it makes about 15more hp than a stock GT and costs 40k i believe. I was talking about new mustangs that would be able to perform like the new camaro, the camaro weighs what 3700 with 422hp, the roush stage 3 is 3700lbs with 425hp since the stage 3 is supercharged but like i said its the 25k for a mustang gt plus 21k for the stage 3 package for a 46k car(assuming you have no options in your stock GT). And the gt500 makes 500hp but it weight 4200lbs and costs 50k, so both the stage 3 roush and gt500 will probably perform close to the new SS but both cost way more is the point i was making.

Yeah that was a late 70s, the early 70s were nice aswell. The 80s and early 90s kinda sucked, but american cars throughout those years all kinda did lol. I mean GM was putting a 305 v8 in the T/As and camaros that only made 170hp, a v8 making 170hp is horrible. But 93-02 were awesome years.

Archived