LegacyGT.com

School me on home brewing

rc0032

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
by the way, i keg now and have a crap ton of bottle caps and priming sugar and the capping tool-plastic...anyone interested? i can go get a real count on these.

500 bottle caps

8 bags of priming sugar for 5 gal brews

pay shipping and they are yours if you want them.

i have some free priming sugar to throw in there as well. let me know when you box it up

my ancient dishwasher provided me no help. easier is always better if it doesnt affect the beer!!!

beer exchange...

I would do it (once I get better) but save some caps and bottles :lol:

Anyone have a barleywine they would be willing to part with? I want to see if I like it before i brew it and wait 6 months to drink it :spin:

this would go in the bottling bucket just before bottling. its double edged sword here. you can use the bag of sugar for 5 gallons and adjust it for the volume under 5 gal you have to prevent them from exploding, or add per bottle and hope you fill the bottles to the same level to achieve the same carbonation in each. in the bucket is easier and more consistent, but if you mess it up you have taken out quite a few beers.

So you're just putting the sugar directly into the bottle; i.e. you're not using a water mixture and putting into the fermentor?

That's the way I am doing it yea.... Sugar in the bottle (not mixed with water or anything), then fill and hope the beer is to the same level on each bottle lol.

or you run the chart based on temp and roll the keg on its side, gas valve up, until there is not more absorption of co2 by the beer. rolling on side gives more surface area for absorption. doenst take as long. the chart will give you a co2 cylinder pressure based on temp of the keg to achieve proper carbonation for the beer.

good stuff!!! moderate-large initial investment for kegs and co2, but it saves time and heart ache in the end!!

i just kept watching ebay to get the kegs as cheap as possible. check for how much to the co2 cylinder will cost on ebay and at the local place where you will need to get it filled. also, you will need the regulator. i bought all of my stuff on ebay. it wasnt that bad. some brew stores make deals on a co2, one keg, and regulator to get you started. you will also need a fridge or kegerator to keep the keg cold. funny as it is, a big fridge costs just as much as a kegerator. you can fit atleast 4 kegs in a full size fridge with a co2 cylinder in there. just use party taps on the kegs. hmmm, that is alot $$ to start!! i need to add this up sometime.

you could build one for $350. sneaky has a link in here somewhere to build you own kegerator with a sanyo fridge. you should look into it. i built mine from his link. wasnt hard at all and you can get everything but the fridge on ebay. i like that place...

its a thing of beauty...the temp regulator and tower fan are optional. i did not include them in mine, there are others that had foaming problems and put the tower fan in to keep cool air up in the tower. sneaky's video told you how to find the coils in the top so you didnt cut through them and off you go.

sneaky's video told you how to find the coils in the top so you didnt cut through them and off you go.

Ya search YouTube but...make a baking soda water paste plug the fridge in and apply the past to the top. the coil is where the slurry drys first

Did you guys see the Oster model that "replaced" the 4912? I don't think it will hold 3, but 2 corneys and a #5 CO2 is enough for me. I'm building mine soon.

Ya its another brand. Im telling you 3 is key! Im a huge fan of variate :) Of use the other one to lager.

Archived