LegacyGT.com

FP Green tuned at TopSpeed

tytek

Got the car dyno and street tuned by Scott Siegel at TopSpeed a few days ago and would like to share the results: 359whp and 359wtq on 93oct. Stock STIs dyno around 240whp on this dynojet. Scott is a perfectionist; very diligent... exceeded my expectations, and was very open about what he was doing (I was looking over his shoulder from the back seat) :lol:

I am very pleased with the tune. The car is fast and very smooth. Boost comes on progressively and the car pulls like mad up to 7k RPM. The tune has a peak boost of 19.5psi and we purposefully kept the power under 360wtq in the interest of drivetrain reliability. The car has a stock cat-back, btw. I am also running an ACT SB5-HDMM kit with an 06+ WRX OEM FW, no problems so far. ;)

The baseline run is on wastegate spring pressure (~15psi peak). We had some timing/boost issues due to crappy TN winterized fuel. After adding GA Shell 93oct the motor started liking boost :lol:

Here are the power mods:

2005 Subaru Legacy GT, 5spd manual

- AccessPort V1

- FP Green 3", 8cm

- MTS FMIC

- APS BOV

- K&N Typhoon Intake

- TGV Deletes

- Prodrive BCS

- Perrin 3" silicone inlet hose

- DeatschWerks 800cc Injectors

- Walbro 255L/hr fuel pump

- Ultimate Racing Uppipe w/ Tial 38mm EWG

- Cobb catless downpipe

- Grimmspeed x-pipe/ported manifolds

- Stock catback

Thanks to all that helped out, both physically, as well intellectually :wub:

tytusdyno.jpg.3ebcb0c0c4c2495ff15452c6158f27ff.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks guys.

Eddie, is it a plug or a coil?

I assume you talked to Scott today? Honestly I have no clue but it is one or the other. I have a new set of plugs that they are going to install and they are alos going to check the coil packs. When we get up to about 6psi, the motor starts to stutter like it is blowing out the spark. We also got two CEL's indicating misfire in Cylinder 1 & 3. It has been a long nightmare of a weekend but at least the car will be up at Topspeed and I have complete faith that they will be able to fix the problem.

very nice.... how much of the 19.5 psi are you holding up top?

mike

Curious about that too since the top end fall off is more characteristic of a 7cm Green than an 8cm Green. The spool up is also a bit faster than most 8cm Greens. You sure you have an 8cm and not a 7cm?

Awesome man, nice job :). You know what kind of maf airflow your hitting now? Would be interesting to compare a datalog with your 8cm/3in to my 7cm/2.4. I overlayed the graphs over here and scaled mine up a bit to match the curves and seems like the curves are similar until 5500, then yours shoots up and mine drops off. Im wondering if that must be the benefit of the extra size you have taking over top end or the octane since I was on 91cal. Mine was a internally gated also, which might have something to do with it.

http://www.ddavisart.com/comparefp.jpg

Does having the EWG help with spool? Then again, the EWG should allow for less of a drop off up top, no?

Yikes! Missed that it had an EWG. That car should really have done much better. Even if the torque was detuned to help extend the longevity of the tranny (which is really unnecessary IMHO) the tuner should still have tuned out the top end more fully. I've seen significantly better top end results from IWG 7cm Greens on 91 octane. Here's one on an LGT overlayed over a bone stock LGT:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/Rogervsstock.jpg

Archived