LegacyGT.com

specb LCA bushings

hammerhead

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rallitek sells the AVO bushings, but those will slightly increase your caster. Not sure if they're in stock either.

I just got these (used) on some spec.b LCAs, looking forward to seeing how they affect steer-ahead and turn-in.

i think the AVO bushings are just the ball-joint. the superpro bushings replace all 3

Hmm, i have the LCAs in hand and the avo bushing is the big yellow 4-piece bushing (three urethane parts and the metal sleeve). The ball joints are the original parts and look like normal ball joints.

I'm pretty sure the AVO and SuperPro bushings are the same, functionally. The SuperPro ones are blue and the AVO are yellow/orange. SuperPro bushings are available in standard, mixed and offset varieties and the AVOs only come in offset.

Hmm, i have the LCAs in hand and the avo bushing is the big yellow 4-piece bushing (three urethane parts and the metal sleeve). The ball joints are the original parts and look like normal ball joints.

I'm pretty sure the AVO and SuperPro bushings are the same, functionally. The SuperPro ones are blue and the AVO are yellow/orange. SuperPro bushings are available in standard, mixed and offset varieties and the AVOs only come in offset.

i asked rallitek about the avo bushings and they said it wasn't a complete set. i take your word. so the avo package has 6 bushings, correct?

i asked rallitek about the avo bushings and they said it wasn't a complete set. i take your word. so the avo package has 6 bushings, correct?

Gotcha. No, the AVO bushings only replace the front LCA - rear mount. Each side of the car gets one bushing. Each bushing is made of 4 parts. The main body that gets pressed into the arm, the metal sleeve that fits over the bolt on the unibody and two urethane spacers(?).

8 parts total, makes two complete bushings, one per front control arm.

The superpro bushings are the same thing.

Gotcha. No, the AVO bushings only replace the front LCA - rear mount. Each side of the car gets one bushing. Each bushing is made of 4 parts. The main body that gets pressed into the arm, the metal sleeve that fits over the bolt on the unibody and two urethane spacers(?).

8 parts total, makes two complete bushings, one per front control arm.

The superpro bushings are the same thing.

oh, i thought all three of the bushings were replaced

I think it's good if you don't notice a difference with the standard bushings. They are intended as a more durable and accurate replacement for stock. If you don't notice a difference, that means there is negligible increase in NVH.

Probably true! :lol:

As far as I know there are no aftermarket replacements for the ball joint or the front mounting bushing on our control arms. Those in combination with the LCA bushing have discussed, are the three major points of contact. The stabilizer endlink is the only other thing mounted to the arm.

Whiteline makes anti-roll kit which comes with ball joint replacement. HKS also makes such a kit.

Answering the original queston. Yes, Fulcrums do fit in SpecB LCAs, I've been running them for 6 months without issues.

I think the bushings are a worthwhile upgrade.

Whitetiger, is it possible that Subaru changed the bushing on 08' models? because I've seen LGT bushings on here and they look nothing like the ones on my SpecB. Also my LCA bushings are not a squishy rubber, but rather pretty stiff.

1) The fulcrum bushings make a big difference, I have the offset ones on my LGT and I have 6.2/6.0 for caster. Steering effort and feel is much better, so is tracking both during acceleration and braking. They will help fix the twitchy steering.

2) There is a ball joint replacement kit, it's the roll center adjustment kit by Whiteline. I would imagine you'd need to lower it over an inch to migrate the roll center enough to justify correcting it with the kit.

Those of you that say the Fulcrum kit is backordered, have you tried http://www.globalperformanceparts.com/? If it's in the Superpro or Whiteline catalogs, they most likely have it, even if it's not listed under the legacy portion of their site.

I drive the proletariat LGT though, devoid of any magical spec parts.

Whitetiger, is it possible that Subaru changed the bushing on 08' models? because I've seen LGT bushings on here and they look nothing like the ones on my SpecB. Also my LCA bushings are not a squishy rubber, but rather pretty stiff.

Maybe, but i doubt it. why dont you post a pic of it then. In your had, they may seem stiff, but they arent. get a set of fulcrum bushings and you will see the difference.

Archived