LegacyGT.com

specb LCA bushings

hammerhead

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Just make sure you take to someone who knows what he is doing. I had a shop damage the arms; the bushing started walking out.

i dont know how a shop can **** this up. it so easy. :confused: you have some bad luck sometimes unclemat.

i dont know how a shop can **** this up. it so easy. :confused: you have some bad luck sometimes unclemat.

Sometimes? I sometimes feel like it's "always".... :spin::lol:

Shops can screw up ALOT. Mostly cause they don't take care or aren't familiar with the Subaru products. That's one reason we have really focused on Subies at our shop because we can become intimately personal with the parts and how they should look as opposed to comparing them to diags in online manuals.

-mike

Fred Beans Parts (http://www.fredbeansparts.com): 888-842-8829, ask for Ryan -- he was helpful in verifying cross-compatibility with Legacy

Hi Mike i just ordered 20204AG011 bushing as that is what i though was for the front of the lower control arm which are the ones i need to replace . it looks identical to the standard one thats in there, as in not solid rubber. do you have any pictures of what the front solid ones look like?

Are these 2 part numbers 20204AG011 & 20204AG030 for an 08+ sti listing are both bushings for the front lower control arm or is one for the rear control arm of the car(if it has one!!)?

so i should have ordered the Front" Bushing Part Number 20204AG040 if i wanted the better STI solid bushing?

So the part number i got in this thread is actually just the crappy standard replacement bushing 20204AG011? :confused:

That's the one. While you are ordering parts the manual recommends replacing the nut that hold the LCA to the body stud. I don't believe most people replace but I did just to be safe.

thanks for the info, ill go back to the dealer next week and see will they swap them for me.

• 4 weeks later...
Got my bushings put in today. I got the both sets of front lower bushings replaced. To be honest, I did not feel the huge difference other people were describing. My old ones were completely trashed too. There is definitely a difference I just don't think it is as noticeable as some people made it sound.

Got my bushings put in today. I got the both sets of front lower bushings replaced. To be honest, I did not feel the huge difference other people were describing. My old ones were completely trashed too. There is definitely a difference I just don't think it is as noticeable as some people made it sound.

I guess that may prove that the 08 STI ones are the same as stock? If not, only marginally better. I'm pretty sure the reviews where it made a huge difference are from members using poly bushings.

There is a noticable difference. If you are looking for a difference on the order of new springs, then this mod is not it. However since this bushings are known to fail and need to be replaced why not upgrade them? Replacing these bushings is a good start for futher front suspension up grades because the stiffer bushings help keep the LCA in place better than the stock bushings can.

I order the front lower control arm bushings from fred beans. When i was explaining to dan i really needed the rear lower control arms too. I havent got anything installed yet but what is anyone recommending i have h & r springs and koni shocks. I also have cobb sway bars. Is their a new lower control arm that i can purchase to off set the suspension. Also summer tires and rims...

I guess that may prove that the 08 STI ones are the same as stock? If not, only marginally better. I'm pretty sure the reviews where it made a huge difference are from members using poly bushings.

Then, can we conclude that they are the same type of bushing..?

Then, can we conclude that they are the same type of bushing..?

There's no way we can conclude it since they have a different P/N, but as spartan states, he didnt feel much difference.

If you're looking for an upgrade rather than just a replacement I'd suggest at least the Group N bushings since it seems to be the compromise between stock/08 STI and poly bushings..

anyone have part number for group N bushings?

i think the situation is that the jdm legacy and 08 sti impreza both have have aluminum LCA's so they both share the same bushing , whereas USDM legacy have steel LCA.

Group N lower control arm REAR bushing part# is RST-2027R. It's not listed on RalliSpec's website, but it's available since I just ordered a pair last week.

I asked for Dave @ RalliSpec specifically as advised by ifbiker :)

I'm not sure why folks would go for the group Ns except for the price of them. We've install the Whitelines and AVOs for soccer moms on their Legacy Wagons and not heard any complaints yet.

As for the comment about not feeling the "upgrade" over their torn ones, my guess is they haven't been torn enough. When mine was torn, I would have to cock the wheel 1/4 turn when heavy braking in order to not hit the jersey barrier...

-mike

Archived