LegacyGT.com

honda civic mugen pics

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31K for a Civic that my truck can out accelerate.

a Tundra can hit 60 in 5.7 seconds? :iam:

the Type R and any Mugen car has never been about numbers....you won't find a purer driver's car among FWD choices from JP. I'd even consider trading my MINI for it :lol:

sorry, this is not an ugly car:

http://www.cl789.com/RR/rr18.JPG

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269/zspeedzkwy/RR.jpg

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I like it with and without the spoiler.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

a Tundra can hit 60 in 5.7 seconds? :iam:

the Type R and any Mugen car has never been about numbers....you won't find a purer driver's car among FWD choices from JP. I'd even consider trading my MINI for it :lol:

A short cab short bed 4X2 can do it in around 5.7-5.9. That isn't what I own though.

Out of curiosity where did you get the 5.7 second number for the Civic Mugen Si? The only test I have seen has the 0-60 at 6.9 seconds for the car, and a quarter of 15.2 seconds @93.4 mph. This is in the latest issue of Road and Track. That is the version I am referring to as costing $31K.

For comparison Motortrend got a 6.0 second 0-60, and a 14.6@93.6 quarter mile out of a Double Cab 4X4 Tundra equipped identically to mine.

As those are different sources we can also cite the Consumer Reports track testing where they got a Civic Si (only about 5hp down on the Mugen) to do 0-60 in 7.0 seconds, and do the quarter in 15.4@94mph. They managed to get a Double Cab Tundra 4X4 to 60 in 6.7 seconds and pull the quarter in 15.3@93mph.

So by any source the 5.7L V8 Tundra Double Cab is a little faster to 60, and the quarter mile mark than a crappy Mugen Civic Si. Not bad for a 5800lb truck, or does that make the Civic pathetic? Maybe both?:lol::lol:

The double cab weighs 5800 lbs? I thought it was more like 5000 lbs. Seems like a lot of weight for a non diesel truck.

Short cab short bed might. Most crew cab 4X4 1/2 tons tip the scales anywhere from 5500-5800lbs. A 3/4 ton diesel is more like 7200-8000lbs.

Some of you are confusing the Mugen RR with the Mugen Si. The RR, the one in the pics, is JDM only, 240 hp, lighter, limited to 300 cars and it's about $40k USD. The Mugen Si is available in the USDM but has the same hp as the regular Si and it's about $30k. For those of you snickering about the RR, it lapped the Tsukuba in 1:06:68. The '08 STI clock in at 1:05:95 and EVO X at 1:06:46. Not too bad for a FWD huh...

I dont think its rice. Instead of making bigger engines and bigger turbos, they lightened the car. Its a different approach to power. Japo style like flat 4 turbo sti 300 horses. Unlike US style, 5.something liter, V8 charger with SRT (shithead racing team) power that still comes out to what, 350? 400? even 450 is underpowered for that engine. Oh yeah also put some racing stripes and make the damn thing lime green as an option, or orange.....morons. The only problem with the civic rrrrrrrrrr is it costs too much, and insurence would be high cause its a damn civic...not to mention an rrrrrrrrrrr. And you will also have fun spinning the wheels in the snow during winter......NOT...I not liak.

You also forgot to mention the other problem is that other less expensive sports cars (anything under $40K) will rape it in every performance situation. Don't even get started on cars that can be had at or around $40K. Mugen Ricer-Roni vs base Corvette for example.

Yes but think of the power you can make with that motor, GM is sellign the lsx block now, its a 454 iron block that can hold almsot 3000hp. I have seen twin turbo ls7s making 1200rwhp and on low boost can still be driven around town and getting better gas mileage than a stock viper. You dont need a fully built v8 though for a street car, making 3000hp on a street car is a little impractical. lol hell i paid 12700 for my 2000 Trans am and i ran a 13.2 stock, what does that civic run?

Archived