LegacyGT.com

Condensation in Head lights???

I won't be satisfied with "fixing it". Because you'll still have residue left inside. I'll want them replaced. If the dealer doesn't, I'll call Subaru myself. This is my 7th Subaru and it's never happened before.

Happens all the time with cars that sit stagnant on the dealer lots.

Take it back to your dealer and complain... most likely they will take them off and run a hair dryer into the back to vaporize the water build up. I wouldn't expect a complete (warrantied) light swap as these things are probably worth 1000 bucks a pair at the dealer.

the dealership should cover that under warranty. my latest set of headlights are from an 06 with the same problem. since i was clearing them out anyways, i was planning to break the seal and reseal them.

they should replace your headlights under warranty. looks like you have a bad seal. make lotsa noise and insist they fix it.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Happens all the time with cars that sit stagnant on the dealer lots.

Take it back to your dealer and complain... most likely they will take them off and run a hair dryer into the back to vaporize the water build up. I wouldn't expect a complete (warrantied) light swap as these things are probably worth 1000 bucks a pair at the dealer.

$300/headlight housing.

I know, i had to buy one pair myself.....

We have an 08 Legacy 3.0 and have had it at the dealership 3 times since we got it two weeks ago due to this problem. Had both headlights replaced on Friday and when I pulled into the driveway I got out and noticed the brand new headlights had condensation in them. I will be calling the dealership in the morning to tell them that replacing the headlights did not solve the condensation issue. Don't know what to do about it at this point! Very Frustrating!!!!!!

We have an 08 Legacy 3.0 and have had it at the dealership 3 times since we got it two weeks ago due to this problem. Had both headlights replaced on Friday and when I pulled into the driveway I got out and noticed the brand new headlights had condensation in them. I will be calling the dealership in the morning to tell them that replacing the headlights did not solve the condensation issue. Don't know what to do about it at this point! Very Frustrating!!!!!!

Well, I just went to the dealer today and they refused to fix it!!! I took a heat gun to it and got all the condensation out. I drove it for an hour and it came right back. I'm going to go to another dealer in town. And if they won't fix it either, I'm writing a letter to Subaru. This is my 7th Subaru and my first problem. It's customer service like this that makes me not want to buy another one. :confused:

check and make sure they put all the little rubber booty things for the lights back on! If there is a break in the seal where they place the wiring for the headlights then maybe that's the problem, not the headlight itself. I know the last time I sealed up my headlight, I did my best to get the condensation out, but it took a good week before it all evaporated. now I have clear headlights once again! :)

• 2 months later...

Archived