LegacyGT.com

Still shopping for my LGT; sedan or wagon? Convince me!

Wow lovin' everyone’s input, keep it up! But how does it stack up as far as performance, I know that the wagon is about 60-100lbs heavier, but is the performance difference negligible? I know it's kind of an oxymoron asking this too, but what about MPG, about the same or significantly worse?

From my understanding, the weight differance between them is not notised either performance wise or at the pump. I know a fiew wagon owners near me and they are getting about the same MPG.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I had an older OBW, then bought a company Accord V6 - EX-L V6 with sat radio. And the seats fold down.

It's the ultimate blender, but I let someone else use it and bought the 06 Subaru wagon. They're just so useful, without paying a big mpg/handling/performance penalty. And there are lots of Subaru wagons sold: they're good at it.

Pssst. And if you can't find an LGT wagon there's the cousin, the Outback XT.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Wow lovin' everyone’s input, keep it up! But how does it stack up as far as performance, I know that the wagon is about 60-100lbs heavier, but is the performance difference negligible? I know it's kind of an oxymoron asking this too, but what about MPG, about the same or significantly worse?

Get an 05 wagon in 5MT and without the heavy leather and sunroof (if you can handle being without such superfluous items).

Performance is top notch, and economy is about 20mpg driving around the city, except there is another thread currently active where a bunch of lead-foots seem to be convinced that these cars only get 15mpg in the city. Not true.

There was no real difference in performance and handling between the 05 wagon and sedan. The Limited wagon with the sunroof is a little heavier than the sedan but that is about it. Also the 05's were a little lighter overall than their counterparts in later years.

Exactly.

the '05 non-limited LGT wagon in manual, is considered the greatest Legacy GT ever made in the history of the known universe.:cool:

If you can find one, jump on it.

And it weighs less than STI :wub:

Archived