LegacyGT.com

Still shopping for my LGT; sedan or wagon? Convince me!

Hey everyone, I'm still shopping for my LGT. I have driven a sedan, but I went to the dealer the other day to look at a wagon. I was really impresed with the interior capacity, and that kick a$$ sunroof. Well now I'm torn, I don't know what to get, so someone tell me why to buy your perferred body style. I will be buying an '05 or '06 preferably Limited, and it has to be an auto. I know the wagon and the auto are heavier, but how does the performance, handleing, and the MPG stack up?

The 05 / 06 wagon is a better looking vehicle than the sedan, which is quite often mistaken for a camry from behind. And that's not a good thing...

The wagon has more character than the sedan, and can simply haul around more stuff. If you have more than two people in your family, go with a wagon.

Plus the police don't even look twice at it.

The large moonroof is a very nice feature of the wagon. The tailgate is very light, so pretty convenient to use.

Few competing cars are offered in a wagon, or with a manual transmission--so, for me, it really whittled down the shopping list quickly.

The 05 / 06 wagon is a better looking vehicle than the sedan, which is quite often mistaken for a camry from behind. And that's not a good thing...

I'd argue that the sedan looks better. OP, get what YOU think looks nicer if your concerned about looks. Only those who don't know jack sh$t about cars mistake the sedan for a Camry. And who cares what they think.

The wagon has more character than the sedan, and can simply haul around more stuff. If you have more than two people in your family, go with a wagon.

Plus the police don't even look twice at it.

Entirely true. Though it's not like the sedan is a police magnet in any way.

I was torn with this question when I was getting my LGT. I personally perfer sedan looks better than wagons, but I really like the Legay wagon as well. I think I like them about equally. We also have a Forester XT, so I went with the sedan to satisify that side of me.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I think this decision is either made up for you before you even start looking or you don't know what you're looking for:

If you can't live without a wagon - you get a wagon.

Otherwise - you get a sedan.

I love my wagon & think it looks pretty damn cool - they have a character of their own - besides which I cannot live w/o the utility of a wagon. That said - I think the sedan looks soundly better than the wagon. If I didn't *need* a wagon - I would have bought the sedan.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Having had a sedan, and now having a wagon I will say that sometimes I miss the looks of the sedan. BUT.... I love the wagon and am really happy with the choice I made to get rid of the sedan for it. I have used it more times than I thought I ever would to haul stuff, its great for our doggy to go on road trips too. People liked the sedan but they love the wagon, I have never received so many compliments on any car that I have owned like I do on the wagon.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

I like my wagon alot. I bought it originally because the sedan did not have split folding rear seats in '05 and I haul gear, kids and the dog at times so its real convenient. I too liked the large sunroof with integrated front glass/wind deflector.

Wow lovin' everyone’s input, keep it up! But how does it stack up as far as performance, I know that the wagon is about 60-100lbs heavier, but is the performance difference negligible? I know it's kind of an oxymoron asking this too, but what about MPG, about the same or significantly worse?

My understanding is that there isn't too much difference between the wagon and the sedan. But I guess Im not the one to answer this question.

If you check out fueleconomy.gov you can see MPG claims of actual drivers. Obviously this isn't the most accurate data, but it will give you an idea.

Archived