LegacyGT.com

RalliTek 5EAT “Comfort” Transmission Mount Bushing – Review

SWP-LegacyGT

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so other than more nvh and a better shift feel is there any other advantage? tranny life?? i know that is it not a power mod but i was interested in what else its supposed to do.

The main advantage is for competition like AutoX/RallyX, and performance driving. Keeping the transmission from bouncing around under the car helps keep you power train, and tranny fluid, where it is supposed to be. Stock bushing allows alot of travel on hard transitions.

The part was originally designed for a high HP AT car that kept squishing the stock rubber mounts to death from the severe torque. We found it works really well in AutoX/RallyX. Daily driving gets the solid shifts and a touch of NVH.

Thanks!

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

Speaking of autocross, I've had a thorough look at the rulebook, with regards to modifications allowed for the Stock classes. From what I can gather, upgraded suspension bushings are not permitted. However, there is nothing mentioned about transmission bushings. Would it be safe to assume that this part would be allowed for competition in the stock class?

Speaking of autocross, I've had a thorough look at the rulebook, with regards to modifications allowed for the Stock classes. From what I can gather, upgraded suspension bushings are not permitted. However, there is nothing mentioned about transmission bushings. Would it be safe to assume that this part would be allowed for competition in the stock class?

These are engine mounts / trans mounts. Perfectly legal as far as I understand the 2007 rule book!

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

• 3 weeks later...
just got done with mine. drove about 10 miles with it. defiantly some NVH but it feels like the tranny shifts so much better. much more solid feel. does sound like i have a quiet aftermarket exaust though. also mine went in extremely easy i didnt even have to use a vice.

+1 I've had mine installed for 2 days now with about 50miles. After the install I did immediately notice the engine/exhaust drone, reminds me of the low frequency intake sound you hear when you don't put the airbox cover back on properly and as you get on the throttle, the sound picks up as well.

As others have mentioned, it is most noticeable at 2k rpms and when on the throttle. Made me wonder initially if I had some sort of weird exhaust leak with the low freq sound, but I knew that didn't make sense.

The trans bushing does firm up the trans shifts quite a bit, no more of that hit the gas and then the delayed feeling of the car jerking with the next trans shift, it's just smooth shifting.

For the long term, I think that the bushing is worth it. I'll see if the NVH dissipates over time & usage, I expect that it will somewhat. Good product & great instructions, if only all mods came with instructions telling you the exact bolt locations & sizes with color pictures. Rallitek has earned my repeat business based on the install doc alone. If they went the extra mile on a simple install document, then I have no doubts they'll do the same for other installs/products.

I'll add a web link later to some pictures of my bushing install.

I have had it in for a couple of weeks and noticed no real difference. I did put on tires and wheels the same weekend, and the wife mainly drives the car but I thought I would feel more.

Agreed though on the great instructions.

+1 I've had mine installed for 2 days now with about 50miles. After the install I did immediately notice the engine/exhaust drone, reminds me of the low frequency intake sound you hear when you don't put the airbox cover back on properly and as you get on the throttle, the sound picks up as well.

As others have mentioned, it is most noticeable at 2k rpms and when on the throttle. Made me wonder initially if I had some sort of weird exhaust leak with the low freq sound, but I knew that didn't make sense.

The trans bushing does firm up the trans shifts quite a bit, no more of that hit the gas and then the delayed feeling of the car jerking with the next trans shift, it's just smooth shifting.

For the long term, I think that the bushing is worth it. I'll see if the NVH dissipates over time & usage, I expect that it will somewhat. Good product & great instructions, if only all mods came with instructions telling you the exact bolt locations & sizes with color pictures. Rallitek has earned my repeat business based on the install doc alone. If they went the extra mile on a simple install document, then I have no doubts they'll do the same for other installs/products.

I'll add a web link later to some pictures of my bushing install.

Thank you very much! We put as much quality and pride into our RalliTEK products as we can.

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/nasioc-banner.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed mine last week ("hard" for me). One word = amazing, the car is completely different. Now everytime I shift, I feel like driving a Manual car. The shift is very direct and solid. Feels like the transimission is willing to do everything for you.

The only thing that you might not like is the noise from the engine. You can hear the engine sound once you start the engine. But the noise is considered as minimal if you compared with any aftermarket exhaust sound.

Installation is simple if you have a hydraulic hoist & correct tool. It takes you 15 min or less.

Worth it or not???

WORTH IT !!!

$50 = drive 1 tank less to buy this!!!

I just installed mine last week ("hard" for me). One word = amazing, the car is completely different. Now everytime I shift, I feel like driving a Manual car. The shift is very direct and solid. Feels like the transimission is willing to do everything for you.

The only thing that you might not like is the noise from the engine. You can hear the engine sound once you start the engine. But the noise is considered as minimal if you compared with any aftermarket exhaust sound.

Installation is simple if you have a hydraulic hoist & correct tool. It takes you 15 min or less.

Worth it or not???

WORTH IT !!!

$50 = drive 1 tank less to buy this!!!

confort or race version?

Ordered mine today. Didn't see too much feedback on here as to preference for the Street or Race version, so played it safe and went for the street version. Look forward to installing it when it gets here and seeing if it was worth the hype.

I have the street bushing but haven't had time to install it. are there any specific torque specifications on the cross member? I want to do the job myself but am worried that I won't tighten the bolts up enough when I'm finished.

Installed mine yesterday afternoon. Piece of cake. Only took me about 20-30 minutes. I did have the use of a hydraulic lift though which made things much easier and a good bench vice.

First impression, don't really notice a huge difference, but the shifts do feel a little crisper. I was debating getting the street or race version. I went with the street, but sort of wish now I had tried the race simply for the fact that most posts with opinions on this mod have stated that in cold weather, the bushing stays pretty rigid. Things stay a little warmer year round out here in California. Overall I'm happy though. Only cost a tank of gas and was super easy to install.

Archived