LegacyGT.com

RalliTek 5EAT “Comfort” Transmission Mount Bushing – Review

SWP-LegacyGT

^Yeah, I'm fortunate in that aspect. But I also noticed that warmer weather contributes to more interior rattles. Ya win some NVH, ya lose some NVH... :p

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^Yeah, I'm fortunate in that aspect. But I also noticed that warmer weather contributes to more interior rattles. Ya win some NVH, ya lose some NVH... :p

i dunno about that. my car sounds like a 1990 ford festiva when its 30 degrees or colder

• 3 weeks later...

just installed one of these mounts (comfort) on saturday when installing a new DP and I would recommend it. It's not a night and day difference and you do feel a little more vibration but it's not bad at all. i really dont see much of a difference when using sport shift, the biggest difference i noticed was just normal driving in "D". Shifts seems to be a little smoother and more defined.

Before I installed the bushing sometimes during light to mid throttle the trans would feel like it wasn't sure if it should stay in 1st or shift to 2nd. it would seem if i stepped onthe gas a little too hard from a stop then eased off a bit it would sometimes it would hold 1st gear a little too long and overall just feel odd. the bushing seems to stop that from happening. i dont know if its more pedal feel of if the added stiffness makes it "decide" quicker but it does feel better.

if you expect it to feel like a new tranny after spending $40 and 10 minutes to install then you won't be happy. keep your expectations realistic and you'll be satisfied. :)

The bushing seems to be one of those mods that provides peace of mind to the driver of nominally benefiting the drivetrain, and promises little more than that, which I don't mind for the price.

just installed one of these mounts (comfort) on saturday when installing a new DP and I would recommend it. It's not a night and day difference and you do feel a little more vibration but it's not bad at all. i really dont see much of a difference when using sport shift, the biggest difference i noticed was just normal driving in "D". Shifts seems to be a little smoother and more defined.

Before I installed the bushing sometimes during light to mid throttle the trans would feel like it wasn't sure if it should stay in 1st or shift to 2nd. it would seem if i stepped onthe gas a little too hard from a stop then eased off a bit it would sometimes it would hold 1st gear a little too long and overall just feel odd. the bushing seems to stop that from happening. i dont know if its more pedal feel of if the added stiffness makes it "decide" quicker but it does feel better.

if you expect it to feel like a new tranny after spending $40 and 10 minutes to install then you won't be happy. keep your expectations realistic and you'll be satisfied. :)

My '08 does that and I like it.:)

• 3 months later...

Thread revival. Reading a thread over on IPT's site, this jumped out at me

Next, all critical support bushings need to be replaced to insure that the centerline of the transmission runs in perfect alignment with the centerline of the crankshaft. Ignoring this step puts a lot of undue stress on the internal transmission components.

In other words, the tranny mount is definitely a good idea, in addition to possibly the Whiteline rear diff bushings.

Thread revival. Reading a thread over on IPT's site, this jumped out at me

In other words, the tranny mount is definitely a good idea, in addition to possibly the Whiteline rear diff bushings.

+1 that makes sense. It would be cool to see a video of the underside of a Subaru trans and/or dif on a dyno if that's even possible, would like to really know how much things are moving. Whiteline Jim talked me into the diff bushing, though that's a bit more complicated than this bushing...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

yeah winter time sucks. summer i barely notice its there

is it only when the car is just started and cold and does it go away as it warms up? curious since i havent gone through a winter with it installed yet.

should be getting my car back fromt he body shop on monday or tuesday :D

is it only when the car is just started and cold and does it go away as it warms up? curious since i havent gone through a winter with it installed yet.

should be getting my car back fromt he body shop on monday or tuesday :D

its almost embarrassing when the car is cold. when the car warms up it gets better but it almost give like a growl when you get on it.

Alright, I'm going to play devils advocate. When Paul pulled out the mount, it looked pretty solid. The bushing, however, didn't look like the kind of strong and inflexible you get from that mount. I think it mostly transfers vibration. Am I wrong? I've been wrong...
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived