LegacyGT.com

RalliTek 5EAT “Comfort” Transmission Mount Bushing – Review

SWP-LegacyGT

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, after receiving an email that the bushing won't ship for a couple weeks, I don't think I'll be installing it this weekend..........:icon_neut

I checked into the delay. We are out of the grease, but have plenty of bushings in stock. If you want to get a bit of grease on your own, call us toll free @ 1.888.773.1212 and we can ship out right away without the grease we usually include.

I am working with my warehouse to get more film containers of grease together ASAP!

Thanks!

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/nasioc-banner1.gif

RalliTEK's customer service is awesome. I called to have the bushing shipped without the grease and about an hour later they called back to inform me that they are expecting grease tomorrow. So it will ship out tomorrow.:)

:( i still have yet to get this installed. most likely, it won't be until April when I can hand the keys over to my tech to do the install a long with the crosspipe and do a full inspection of the car. i'm sure he won't mind since he's buying it from me a few months after.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

They shuold have come w/grease to ease installation. Our apologies to you guys on no grease included. If it is not installed yet, and you want some grease, just call us @ 1.888.773.1212.

The grease is just here to ease install. Grease is not needed once the insert is installed.

jvento - Let me know if the bushing is the source of the noise!

Thank you,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/nasioc-banner.gif

:( i still have yet to get this installed. most likely, it won't be until April when I can hand the keys over to my tech to do the install a long with the crosspipe and do a full inspection of the car. i'm sure he won't mind since he's buying it from me a few months after.

With as much hacking up of your car that you've done, I expect you to install this part yourself! :lol:

Glad to see everyone's jumping on the bandwagon. Another shout out to RalliTek for an awesome product! :)

no time. I've hired one more person and so I'm up to 5 total people working for me between my 2 stores. Business has been booming, so no complaints on that end, however I'm working both stores, 7 am - 9 pm every day, 7 days a week right now. I just don't have the time like I used to. I think this would be pretty easy to do myself, but wrenching on the car requires more time and concentration than I can give at the moment.

I think I'll be holding off on the crosspipe and installing that into the new STI. ;) I plan to go stage 1 AP right off the bat.... I understand the stock tuning is very lean, so no good for me with our crappy 90 oct gas.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I think I'll be holding off on the crosspipe and installing that into the new STI. ;) I plan to go stage 1 AP right off the bat.... I understand the stock tuning is very lean, so no good for me with our crappy 90 oct gas.

We have AccessPort in stock for 2008 STi! Free Ship (even to Alaska!) and Free ProTune Maps. (Will need a custom map for that 90 octane gas!)

http://www.rallitek.com/acecutufor2.html

Thanks,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/Ad_banner01_700.jpg

The 'race' version is quite hard. I a thinking about reducing derometer on both mounts a bit. the 'race' insert nearly 'locks' the back of the trans in place. NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) is definitely affected!

I've had the race version in for a couple weeks now and have decided that it's just too stiff for daily driving. It transfers a lot of vibration and noise into the cabin and causes various rattles and buzzes that weren't there before. The fact that it's been below freezing much of this time with a couple dips into sub-zero territory probably has only made it that much worse. I think the street version would be more appropriate for most 5eat owners unless you're willing to accept a significant increase in NVH.

• 2 weeks later...
just got done with mine. drove about 10 miles with it. defiantly some NVH but it feels like the tranny shifts so much better. much more solid feel. does sound like i have a quiet aftermarket exaust though. also mine went in extremely easy i didnt even have to use a vice.

Archived