LegacyGT.com

Somebody explain something to me

its cause your in WI, they are all pissed the global warming they hear about isnt doing crap to make your winter any less cold :rolleyes: Come to CT ill give ya two thumbs up

Of all of the cars I have owned, most legacy owners I have come accross in person are for the most part, the most rude.

If I see someone on the road, with a legacy GT that has been modified somewhat, I know that person must be an enthusiast of some sort, so I always wave or signal in some way. The unfortunate part is that they look at me like i'm some schmuck or comepletely avoid me.

There was a guy just the other day on the freeway behind me. I tried to wave and give a thumbs up, but this person pulled along side of me, stared me down, and took off.

It's happened about 6 times in a row now. I've had more compliments from non-subaru owners than actual subaru owners. :rolleyes:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I had my marauder other marauder owners waved. I could wash the car at 2 am and some random guy could come up and talk for hrs about how he wanted one. I kinda missed that. most people look at my legacy and see a 17 second family car with a wannabe ricer scoop. Then I dip and miles later they are suddenly intrested.

I wave (well, just nod my head more recently) at an LGT every morning (from my STi) but I'm always sitting at at a red light and the LGT turns the corner right beside me like clockwork. The first time I waved he seemed stunned and waved back. These days we just gesture towads each other each day. He wasn't there the other day and for a moment I was worried about him!:lol:

Just yesterday a totally different black LGT pulled along side my wife and I in her Leggy. My wife who was driving said, "Look what's coming up on us". I expected a Ferrari or something and lo and behold it was an LGT. Both the guy (the driver) and the passenger (attractive blonde) were pointing and eyeballing us. I was so suprised to see another LGT that I just pointed. By the time I figured out how to get the window down, they had turned the corner, but I think they knew that we saw them. I think the turbo Subies recognize the others, unless of course it some young punk in a WRX or STi that only speaks Fast and Furious.

Drive through Omaha sometime and if I see you, I'll wave. :)

suby wave?? Is that like the JEEP wave?? Because it is definately regional. I'm from WV and everyone there would wave at me when I was driving my Jeep, here in NC it's about 50/50.

Still no suby waves though...

Maybe I should start initiating :)

In every place I've ever lived, flashing you're high beams = middle finger. Maybe its different in MD?

In the land down under, flashing your high beam means:

-"I'm letting you in, hurry up!"

-"Watch out, there are cops ahead" (if they are going the opposite direction)

-"My eyes, my eyes! Stop highbeaming me!" or "Your HID's are annoyingly bright.."

I usually honk the horn if somebody does something worthy of the middle finger.

In the land down under, flashing your high beam means:

-"I'm letting you in, hurry up!"

-"Watch out, there are cops ahead" (if they are going the opposite direction)

-"My eyes, my eyes! Stop highbeaming me!" or "Your HID's are annoyingly bright.."

I usually honk the horn if somebody does something worthy of the middle finger.

Oh it means all that too. Its just very rare that somebody flashes the high beams for any of those reasons :lol:

lol

yeah hi beans mean "your hid install is $%!tty readjust", "Turn your lights on", If in left lane "Move B^%$# you are going slower than the lanes to your right!" and common courtesy of using a blinker to signal lane change in some undergound NoVa streetracing scene means "I'm challenging you to a all out full blown no holds barred race to see who deserves this lane". Usualy downshift from 5 to about 3 before attempting to put a blinker on.

FIB:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fib

(I had to look it up)

The Subie wave has all your fingers extended except for the one next to your pinkie. Go figure.

Yeah, seems a little too Trekkie for my taste also. :lol:

LOL THATS WHY ALL THESE SUBIES I SEE HAVE THE SHOCKER STICKER!! LMAO!

and thanks for the heads up on fibs :D

Archived