LegacyGT.com

Somebody explain something to me

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the land down under, flashing your high beam means:

-"Watch out, there are cops ahead" (if they are going the opposite direction)

In some parts of the MidWest, the signal for pig ahead is turning your lights on and off (or off and on at night...) to oncoming traffic. I'm not sure, but it might not be exactly legal to signal about upcoming speed traps... but I'll keep doing it (even if I am now in New York!) until I am told otherwise. :lol:

Beleve it's legal. Purpose of speed traps were to slow people down granted some places use it for funds. Flashing lights slow people down in turn promotes safer driving which is kinda the purose of traffic safety cops.

As a transplanted FIB (see also: "Flatlander", for you midwesterners) now in the land of cheeseheads, The only subie driver that ever waved back to me was in an OBXT. I get tired of waving at chicks in stripped-down Foresters and OB's. It's not that they're rude, they're always on the phone and not paying attention to anything.

As a transplanted FIB (see also: "Flatlander", for you midwesterners) now in the land of cheeseheads, The only subie driver that ever waved back to me was in an OBXT. I get tired of waving at chicks in stripped-down Foresters and OB's. It's not that they're rude, they're always on the phone and not paying attention to anything.

stripper model means you have a luxury car to them :) eh but then you have that possible thought they are dating you for your car...n/m

Of all of the cars I have owned, most legacy owners I have come accross in person are for the most part, the most rude.

If I see someone on the road, with a legacy GT that has been modified somewhat, I know that person must be an enthusiast of some sort, so I always wave or signal in some way. The unfortunate part is that they look at me like i'm some schmuck or comepletely avoid me.

There was a guy just the other day on the freeway behind me. I tried to wave and give a thumbs up, but this person pulled along side of me, stared me down, and took off.

It's happened about 6 times in a row now. I've had more compliments from non-subaru owners than actual subaru owners. :rolleyes:

Well, it wasn't me... :lol:

I at least check out the other LGT's. But, most people don't have a clue.

Where in Waukesha do you live?

Wasn't me. I'll be honest a lot of the time I spend on the road is going to or from work. I'm just usually wanting to go home so I'm really not paying attention to the other cars around me. So if by some wierd chance someone is waving at me from another subie, I'd probablay not notice and would be appearing to be rude.

You know why they call Chicago the windy city?

Cause Wisconsin sucks and Indiana blows!!!!!!

FIB FTW!!!!!!!

i still wave.. all subies, all the time.. old ob's.. give the wrx gen a nod.. for the most part i get the wtf do you want?!? look... oh well...

that said... there aren't many leggies here in san diego.. for the most part they just go about their business... it's been almost 2 yrs.. still waving.. but part of me wants to give up.. leggy owners don't care.. ob's owners (older) are scared for their life thinking i am psycho.. and wrx gen are for the most part rude..

i'll keep waving.........

late,

k

ps.. maybe it is my wave.. no, i don't give the shocker.. well.. maybe a couple times....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest subiecity
Of all of the cars I have owned, most legacy owners I have come accross in person are for the most part, the most rude.

If I see someone on the road, with a legacy GT that has been modified somewhat, I know that person must be an enthusiast of some sort, so I always wave or signal in some way. The unfortunate part is that they look at me like i'm some schmuck or comepletely avoid me.

There was a guy just the other day on the freeway behind me. I tried to wave and give a thumbs up, but this person pulled along side of me, stared me down, and took off.

It's happened about 6 times in a row now. I've had more compliments from non-subaru owners than actual subaru owners. :rolleyes:

do what i do... instead of giving thumbs up......flip the bird, blow the horn and just go faster then them and leave em in the dust....NOWWWWW, if u look at it this way they arent soo rude anymore cuz u just spanked em:lol:

Guest heightsgtltd
do what i do... instead of giving thumbs up......flip the bird, blow the horn and just go faster then them and leave em in the dust....NOWWWWW, if u look at it this way they arent soo rude anymore cuz u just spanked em:lol:

yeah that 2.5i can really spank 'em :p

It's a little bit different here in TX (maybe) as I've even rolled down my window to say hello and/or compliment a Baja and a Wrx. Still tooting and/or waving to most of the Subarus I see, many have greeted back, some have not noticed or ignored

It really doesn't matter to me but it is more fun and people friendly to be greeted back. I'm not shy so I've talked to several Subaru owners I've come across at/in parking lots and gas stations......peace

On the contrary to rudeness: I was at the office earlier this week and got a phone call from another part of the building. When I asked who it was I didn't recognize the fella but the "jeton" fell through when he told me taht he's the owner of the black BAJA and that he just wanted to say HI, cool beans......And I remember an instance several weeks ago driving home from work when traffic was backed up quite a ways in/on the left lane of a 2 lane throughway. This due to the fact that further down the road many folks were lined up to turn left to what is called the "Kemah Boardwalk". I was driving south on the Kemah bridge and spotted an STI from the distance, noticed it due to the rear spoiler. I honked the old greeting as I was driving by him/her and, before I was finished with mine, he/she obviously recognized the toot and even hit the last 2 notes as I was completing mine......We actually had a brief orchestral stereo going......Peace

Archived