LegacyGT.com

Cool Article about the 05 SCCA wagons floating around still.. :)

So much usable torque! That wagon is going to be a rocket ship out of corners.

As for the spec did you end up losing a hose or did it just decide it was its time and over heated? Sounds strange it would spike that hard.

Yep! I'm looking forward to our track day this Saturday at ORP!!

I don't know exactly what happened yet. Sunday I'll be tearing into the engine a bit. Definitely did NOT lose a hose, or any coolant at all.

Here's a couple of other things Cobb-Surgeline did besides the Blouch Turbo:

Grimmspeed Up Pipe 44mm EWG w/ Dump Tube

Tial 44mm Wastegate

Cobb Tuning Adjustable IWG bracket - Short

Cobb Tuning Electronic Boost Control Solenoid 1/4" EWG Fitting Upgrade Kit. (I already have the Cobb Elect Boost Control)

I am guessing the adjustable IWG bracket is to keep the IWG permanently closed off.

Cobb gave me a good break on the cost of the Upipe- EWG because this was supposed to be an all IWG upgrade, but they couldn't get control without it. They stand by their recommendations and if they don't work out right they do their best to fix it.

And the Dyno graphs are on a Mustang Dyno....so on a Dynojet the 18 psi graph would be pretty dang close to 389 Hp / 398 Tq.

And for easy comparison, here's the Dyno from last year on the Forced Performance 18G:

Silver%2BEagle%2B16psi%2B2014.jpg

Edited by Sgt.Gator

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

We had a great track day at ORP, lots of Subbies showed up including 2 Rookies. I spent most of the day instructing the Rookie in the yellow WRX:

GcNnyWtVyB3KIarZqVMEXoMIH-z4e2Ym2xG_5BCBDTI=w368-h207-p-no..1nbh9_J6NaTejRCUciWDcnhYPaikmHtNGtv66T7joLA=w377-h207-p-no.._dCOPZ4OEhFce5nX7wtfEG-Ul6UVu2lcmXNZNSZpx3s=w337-h184-p-no..fPoImAPKAr2FyR0nOSY-BHBS9KbH5viIrCDYxk6MYcY=w383-h184-p-no..cJu8AalICKquQ1SudHzZANBnE--DXjnFWD5qwYGtc3o=w302-h184-p-no..Dk2cGHbVnXzVbIvoPz-Qs-Kq-QLla7X9BfyHGmLkyx8=w330-h184-p-no

And YES, the Forester XT spent the day out on the track, ski racks and all!

The new turbo and Cobb - Surgeline maps ran flawlessly. The EWG took some getting used to...the first lap out it made such a strange racket I thought everything was messed up. But I watched the gauges and all was good, I just have to get used to the sound, and it's loud!

I'll pull the AIM data logs tomorrow to get the exact temps, but I never saw anything alarming. I'll post the exact temps later.

The only downer.. my student's WRX had 140,000 miles. At the end of the day I upgraded him from Rookie to Novice and he went out for a final run. The car died. It actually started losing power dramaticallly and he limped to the pits, where it would barely run. He had to have AAA tow him home. We don't know what happened yet.

Curious how the Forester XT did? Were they all-season tires?

Looks like a lot of fun, wish ORP was closer to me....

The Forester was a Novice, she did fine. A LOT of lean though!

I'm not sure what kind of tires but I would guess snow tires or all season. You wouldn't want any stickier tires, it might just roll over. At least at this stock height. I saw a video of a JDM Forester STI on a track that looked awesome...found it:

The Forester was a Novice, she did fine. A LOT of lean though!

I'm not sure what kind of tires but I would guess snow tires or all season. You wouldn't want any stickier tires, it might just roll over. At least at this stock height. I saw a video of a JDM Forester STI on a track that looked awesome...found it:

@1:58 the Forester gets loose and she got bleeped :lol:

I think ya'll will appreciate this exchange I had with one of the novice Subaru drivers:

Novice: I'm gonna rebuild my engine with all forged internals, cams, 1300cc injectors, a new turbo...I should make 450 Hp!

Me: Is this still going to be your daily driver and a track car too? Are you running street pads? Any plans for brake ducts? Any suspension mods? How long since you changed the brake fluid? Are you going to keep running on all season tires?

Novice: Street pads. I'm gonna put $6,000 in the engine. The brakes and suspension later.

Me: Do you know at Spokane Raceway when I get to the end of the front straight I'm going 158 mph with 309 hp?

Novice: 158 mph!

Me: If you put 450 HP in your car do you know how fast you will be going at the end of the front straight?

Novice: uhhh....

Me: You'll be dead in an hour.

Novice: Dead in an hour! :eek:

Me: Or you'll be lucky enough to survive the boiling brakes and be upset when every 110 HP Miata blows by you like your nothing.

We then went on to a long discussion about what's really important in a track car/ race car...I think I changed his mind, at least on the cams. And I may have convinced him that 300 HP is way more than he needs so go with the Mr Tris #ynansb, especially since it will be both a DD and a track car. He couldn't believe I was telling him to go OEM and stay under 300.

All the discussions we've had here on LGT.com really helped me for the role of instructor. Thanks to everyone. We might have saved a life! ;)

Need a video, "Blood on the track"...brings back memories of drivers ed in high school...

Like this off track excursion!

Off%2BTrack.jpg

At ORP last Saturday. I was not instructing this driver!

More pics by the same pro photographer, Richard Best, who took the off track image above:

STI%2Bsolo.jpg

STI%2Band%2BPorsche.jpg

A couple of good shots of the elevation changes at ORP, note the uphills..

Camaro%2Bup%2Bhill.jpg

MGA.jpg

And me in the banking of Half Pipe, probably the signature section of the track:

Silver%2BEagle%2Bin%2BHalf%2BPipe.jpg

Richard's entire album from ORP last Saturday is here:

http://www.sublightphotography.com/acco-track-day/

Thanks for giving me permission!

What happened to running your swanky new front aero mods?

I'd just got the car back from Cobb Surgeline, so this was for testing the new turbo. Much easier to look under the car for any drips/leaks/problems without the skid plate/splitter installed.

Because I was instructing I knew I would only get a couple of sessions in.

How was the new turbo? Were you able to get all the power down coming out of the turns?

The new turbo ran well, not hardly any lag. But of course on a road track you have to miss a shift to find yourself under 3800 rpm.

The swapped in JDM Forester STI 6 speed has a Suretrac front diff, that plus the R-180 with another Suretrac worked very well pulling me oput of the corners, no front wheelspin at all. But boy do I have to shift a lot! And at ORP I never get past 5th gear, and just barely in 5th for a couple of seconds at the end of the main straight.

The tranny got a bit warm. Which got me thinking about designing a finned aluminum, larger, oil pan for it. Maybe with a built in fitting for a remote oil cooler.

hate to hijack. my transmission is shot on my 05 lgt wagon. does anymore know if a 06 5mt can be used? i think for the first part of 2006 model year, they offered a couple with 5mt before switching to 6mt(?). i only trust fellow racers' input.

300bhp is all you need to race. anything more is over kill

Gator if you need some help in the pits for the PIR or Ridge races let me know. (John you too!). Would love to help out where I can. I consider myself pretty darn knowledgable and decent with a wrench also an excellent window washer.

Gator if you need some help in the pits for the PIR or Ridge races let me know. (John you too!). Would love to help out where I can. I consider myself pretty darn knowledgeable and decent with a wrench also an excellent window washer.

Thanks Gex!

I'll be at the The Ridge next weekend, April 19th, for the 2 Hour - 6 Hour Enduro, but it won't be with the Subaru. My buddy has my old Acura Integra race car that we'll be co-driving for the 2 hour enduro. He and I will be co-driving it at most all the races this year, we're shooting for the NWMECS championship in our class.

First race for the Silver Eagle Wagon will be PIR on May 2-3. Hope to see you at both, help is always welcome!

any late model 5mt can be used as long as the same final drive ratio is maintained. since the 05 and 06 5mt both have the same FD ratio, you should be good with the 06 5mt.

My build date is 8/04. I'm being told that 05 LGT can only work with 05 trannys. 06 trannys won't work. So sorry guys for hijacking, but I don't want to make a $1300 mistake in buying a 06 tranny and it not working. Input please?

My build date is 8/04. I'm being told that 05 LGT can only work with 05 trannys. 06 trannys won't work. So sorry guys for hijacking, but I don't want to make a $1300 mistake in buying a 06 tranny and it not working. Input please?

See my post, which a MOD should make a Sticky in the Transmission Forum (Hint- Hint Boxkita) :

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/transmission-gear-ratios-and-final-drives-229267.html?t=229267

Specifically:

3.166 / 1.882 / 1.296 / 0.972 / 0.738 / 4.111FD - '05-'06 USDM Legacy 2.5GT

So yes 05- 06, you are good to go.

But NO on 07-09 unless you change your R-160 rear diff to match the FD:

3.166 / 1.882 / 1.296 / 0.972 / 0.738 / 3.900FD - '07-'09 USDM Legacy 2.5GT

R-160 3.90 Rear Diffs are cheap and available at junk yards. Just make sure you get one with an LSD...see the chart linked above for that too.

What are you getting for $1300? Is it rebuilt? Get a pic of the transmission model number and compare it to the chart in my post above to make sure you are getting a 06 5MT from a LGT before you plunk down $$$$. It should look like this, only this is for the 6 speed JDM tranny I purchased:

DSC_3079.JPG

Edited by Sgt.Gator