LegacyGT.com

someone take a look at these logs please ver 2.1

DrewLGT

deerkiller, read this.

Despite the fact that they are describing older algorithms (02 wrx, which was far inferior as far the the knock sensor/algorithm), what they are saying is rather perpendicular to what I am saying, not counter to it.

It's a very valid concern that a tuner can sabotage this system so it means nothing. Hell, even the original log might be perfectly normal because the DA/TA map is messed up. Would not be a tune I'd want to run.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
know whats interesting? they use the same EM as we do, save for subaru's patented knock detection/control strategy.

Really? Thats interesting. My brothers MS6 has audible pinging in high load areas and its %100 stock. I think they tuned it a little to aggresively if the ECU can't keep up.

Despite the fact that they are describing older algorithms (02 wrx, which was far inferior as far the the knock sensor/algorithm), what they are saying is rather perpendicular to what I am saying, not counter to it.

It's a very valid concern that a tuner can sabotage this system so it means nothing. Hell, even the original log might be perfectly normal because the DA/TA map is messed up. Would not be a tune I'd want to run.

I've seen TDC maps, they don't look like that.

and thats subarus patented knock control strategy, look around, jon [in CT] has posted PDFs detailing it.

subaru didn't change the strategy between 16bit and 32bit ecus as far as merchgod has said

I've seen TDC maps, they don't look like that.

Good, then my original comment which mickeyd2005 took as being completely wrong, still applies.

and thats subarus patented knock control strategy, look around, jon [in CT] has posted PDFs detailing it.

subaru didn't change the strategy between 16bit and 32bit ecus as far as merchgod has said

I would only trust the source code of the firmware, but link to the pdf please. This is a negative feedback tuned system, I'm surprised it's even patentable, but I hear the color green is patented too ;) This system has certainly changed in the past few years (for the better), how is the question.

wow this thread really blew up. to answer the question about what map i'm running, it's the cobb 1.15. i never downloaded the 1.16 91 oct map. i was initially running the 1.16 93oct but it knocked like hell.

does this log look bad enough to warrant a reflash to the 1.16?

and how can i know if the winter gas here is a lower octane?

Good, then my original comment which mickeyd2005 took as being completely wrong, still applies.

I would only trust the source code of the firmware, but link to the pdf please. This is a negative feedback tuned system, I'm surprised it's even patentable, but I hear the color green is patented too ;) This system has certainly changed in the past few years (for the better), how is the question.

search around, I have midterms to study for.

Question, I logged my car last night on the COBB OTS AZCA 91 Oct Stage 2 map.

In terms of knock and the air-flow readings, what should I be looking for. I believe here in AZ we are a couple thousand feet above sea level .. so I don't if that affects anything. Air flow seems a bit better, but the best I saw was in the 221-223 range .... and my car was still pulling timing, not as much as I was on the TDC map ... the two are actually pretty close with the COBB one being a bit better.

Thanks ... second question, I am running the COBB OTS AZCA 91 Oct Stage 2 map ... I thought about trying out just the plain OTS Stage 2 map, non AZCA .. but do I have to switch the base map as well? Or can I just load up the real-time OTS Stage 2 map?

So is my car ok??? is it not ok???

Here is the COBB run ...

No. On your original log there was considerable timing pulled all the way through the rev range.

I'm trying to figure out why the IAM hasn't been decreased, since my understanding is the rough knock correction (responsible for IAM) should be functioning between ~2,000 and 5,000 RPM's and loads as high as ~2.7 (per stock correction tables). I believe Rao's answer was indicating that at these loads, only feedback correction would be active???

Archived